Tickets Sold for St. Joes

kshoe

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance

Lot of empty seats, but not so much down low, more in the 200's and on the ends. Still, not a bad crowd at all for a snowy Wednesday night against an average team.

Lot of empty seats, but not so much down low, more in the 200's and on the ends. Still, not a bad crowd at all for a snowy Wednesday night against an average team.

Seemed to me that the only big group of empty seats was in the 200s on the end opposite the students. Late arriving crowd, but the place filled in quite a bit and was pretty near full just after halftime. Then a lot of folks began leaving early when the Bills had a comfortable lead and the refs began calling fouls on almost every possession.

A good deal larger crowd then I was prepared for. And oh yeah,...how bout some love for the Billiken mascot? He had me cracking up with some of his zany antics. Also, "Mr. Roboto" was a nice addition to the repertoire tonight (at least I hadn't previously heard it or noticed hearing it).

Well done by all involved to get it up over 10k.

It looked bad when 209 and 210 were more than half empty shortly before tip-off - especially considering none of those tickets (i.e. the affordable tickets) were for sale to the public at any point in the last 2 days - but I guess it makes sense to put the newly admitted student comps in those sections - and it certainly is understandable that those folks (i.e. the noobs with free tickets) would be late arrivals, especially given the crap weather.

In the first 4 years of Chaifetz there were only 4 games with attendance >10k, and all 4 came against the rivals from southwest Ohio (Dayton 2009, Xavier 2010, Dayton 2012, Xavier 2012). This season they've had 4 games >10k (none of which came against Dayton or Xavier), and there's a good chance they'll make it 5 against La Salle.

I bought 3 $6 groupon seats sort of last minute, expecting ones way up high on the end, and when I showed up to the ticket office they gave me 3 $40 seats in Section 204. I'm not sure if this was because that was the only place left where they could find me three seats together, if it was somebody's screwup, or what, but I will definitely take it. Awesome seats right at halfcourt, three rows immediately behind Bill McClellan. Has anyone else heard of them making that kind of an upgrade to bargain bin groupon seats before?

I bought 3 $6 groupon seats sort of last minute, expecting ones way up high on the end, and when I showed up to the ticket office they gave me 3 $40 seats in Section 204. I'm not sure if this was because that was the only place left where they could find me three seats together, if it was somebody's screwup, or what, but I will definitely take it. Awesome seats right at halfcourt, three rows immediately behind Bill McClellan. Has anyone else heard of them making that kind of an upgrade to bargain bin groupon seats before?

-Bill McClellan at a SLU game??

Well that makes me feel like a chump. I bought 4 $16 (regular $32) Living Social seats a few weeks ago and I was in the middle part of the very last row in a corner. Those are regularly $32 tickets, so I can't complain, but they were probably the worst possible $32 seats. Not bad overall because there is not any bad seats at Chaifetz. Still it seems like they should have been upgrading the folks who paid $16 rather than the folks who paid $6. Oh well, beggars and choosers and whatnot.

Well done by all involved to get it up over 10k.

It looked bad when 209 and 210 were more than half empty shortly before tip-off - especially considering none of those tickets (i.e. the affordable tickets) were for sale to the public at any point in the last 2 days - but I guess it makes sense to put the newly admitted student comps in those sections - and it certainly is understandable that those folks (i.e. the noobs with free tickets) would be late arrivals, especially given the crap weather.

In the first 4 years of Chaifetz there were only 4 games with attendance >10k, and all 4 came against the rivals from southwest Ohio (Dayton 2009, Xavier 2010, Dayton 2012, Xavier 2012). This season they've had 4 games >10k (none of which came against Dayton or Xavier), and there's a good chance they'll make it 5 against La Salle.

I guess that explains why I couldn't find ANY seats for a couple of friends in 210 where I sit or even in 208 or 209 when I looked at few days ago. Not all of those seats were filled last night. Did they have to set aside EVERY damn seat?

Well that makes me feel like a chump. I bought 4 $16 (regular $32) Living Social seats a few weeks ago and I was in the middle part of the very last row in a corner. Those are regularly $32 tickets, so I can't complain, but they were probably the worst possible $32 seats. Not bad overall because there is not any bad seats at Chaifetz. Still it seems like they should have been upgrading the folks who paid $16 rather than the folks who paid $6. Oh well, beggars and choosers and whatnot.

Yeah, I was very surprised. I bought them on StL Today Daily Deal two days before the game, and I didn't expect to be able to get three together of the cheapest available at that point. When I saw where the seats were I was almost afraid someone would show up halfway through and tell us to get out of their seats, but no one ever did.

It was definitely him. I watched him for a reaction when the anti-Biondi signs made their appearances, and when Biondi himself appeared for the academic stuff at half-time, but he didn't register much of one.

Do you suppose the signs were the reason McClellan was there?

I figured the protest had something to do with him being there. I still think it would've made more sense if they had saved their signs for when Biondi was actually on the court during the academic ceremony rather than at random moments of the game. Or maybe made them big enough that they would've been actually clear and legible throughout the whole arena.

Did the Anti-Biondi signs ever show up??

-I saw one behind the basket were we shoot in the second half, it appeared like FrB saw it, and security was on the holders very quickly, at least from the time I first saw the sign to when security was there