The Biggest Week in SLU BBall history?

ACE

Was last week the biggest week in SLU bball history (not including postseaon play)? To beat two ranked teams and climb into the Top 25 this late into the season... I can't think of a bigger week during a regular seaon.

We probably beat a couple ramked teams in a row back in the Spoon days. The thing is, I don't ever remember us getting the netional pub like we just have.

Too early to celebrate the season, but we DO deserve the 18 & 19th rankings, and we are hot as hell, 9 wins in a row, 8 were wire to wire strong or even blowout wins, the other, beating Butler at Butler is a damn good win.

The way we are playing now, this is probably the best team we have had since the Easy Ed era, and as another poster pointed out, that is impossible to gauge. Argue all you want, but again, 6 bigs, 3 who are key, 2 who contribute. Never, ever, have we had that. Yes, the three guards are super.

We still need to finish strong, and win a game or three in the NCAA's. But right now, sweet.

It's not regular season, but the Miracle in Memphis is still probably tops for all time great weeks. 4 wins in 4 days, including wins over #1 Cincy and a top 25 Depaul team in the final.

I agree 100%. This week was awesome, but was anyone shocked by what we did? Not really. That C-USA tournament in Memphis was something I'll never forget, given we were a 15 win team that had no business being in the tournament and nothing short of an amazing run of basketball (John Redden playing the best basketball of his life) and some luck (Kenyon Martin breaking his leg) was going to get us in.

Bonus points for the fact that the morning after the Utah NCAA loss, my roommate and I saw Dave Ferguson scream at his girlfriend "I'm tired of hearing all this buuuullllshit 'bout the damn game!" in front of Marchetti Towers. Dave pretty much spoke for all of us there.

I agree 100%. This week was awesome, but was anyone shocked by what we did? Not really. That C-USA tournament in Memphis was something I'll never forget, given we were a 15 win team that had no business being in the tournament and nothing short of an amazing run of basketball (John Redden playing the best basketball of his life) and some luck (Kenyon Martin breaking his leg) was going to get us in.

Bonus points for the fact that the morning after the Utah NCAA loss, my roommate and I saw Dave Ferguson scream at his girlfriend "I'm tired of hearing all this buuuullllshit 'bout the damn game!" in front of Marchetti Towers. Dave pretty much spoke for all of us there.

Your mom made a killer lunch that day after we dominated hoop it up.

Does Jordair Jett's play resemble that of John Redden's during that "Miracle in Memphis" stretch to anyone else? And JJ has been able to sustain that for some time. Best yet, we get another year of him.

Does Jordair Jett's play resemble that of John Redden's during that "Miracle in Memphis" stretch to anyone else? And JJ has been able to sustain that for some time. Best yet, we get another year of him.

I think it resembles and surpasses Redden's play during that stretch. And as you say, JJ has sustained it for some time now.

I think it resembles and surpasses Redden's play during that stretch. And as you say, JJ has sustained it for some time now.

Just thought I'd take a look at how JJ's numbers look over the 9 game winning streak:

12.3 PPG, 3.0 APG, 3.2 RPG, 1.0 SPG, 2:1 A/TO, .542 FG%, .429 3FG%, .659 FT%

And that doesn't really take into account his defense, which is hard to easily quantify with stats. Yeah, the guy has been playing HUGE these past few weeks!

Just thought I'd take a look at how JJ's numbers look over the 9 game winning streak:

And that doesn't really take into account his defense, which is hard to easily quantify with stats. Yeah, the guy has been playing HUGE these past few weeks!

Definitely. He makes losing Kwam next year a little more affordable.

Well, i'm not trying to compare Jordair to Redden...Jordair is by far the better player, but in terms of kind of carrying the team (to the extent you can say that with our ensemble cast) I guess that's a fair comparison.