Too far for the PD!

drkelsey55

I guess it was too far to travel to SLU to get a picture for the paper. It was an early game. Could have reserved space for a Billiken picture. OH! But we can make it to Arkansas and find room for two pictures for the losing team. What a joke!!

They did not have a photographer there at all. Only a team battling for the lead in the A-10!

More important to cover a potential second road victory by that other team. OH! They lost AGAIN!

The St. Louis Post shat on The Billikens again. That's 44 yrs in a row that I know of...

I presume the St Louis Post is the imaginary publication that only exists in your delusional mind.

Certainly you aren't referring to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch which buried news of the Billkens win at the top of the fuoking sports page.

Chris Lee does a phenomenal job shooting Billikens games in November -> January. Specifically his photos from the Butler game were fantastic.

It's unfortunate that Lee's fill-in was sick, and there was no AP photography to pull from (as there was for Mizzou), but would you have rather them used this photo again?

dickey.jpg

Playing Devil's advocate

This was SPUMAC vs Arkansas, their new big rivalry game. Add to that Boone County Correctional's former coach is now the HC at Arkansas, and the razorback's star is from STL. On paper they get top billing by a wide margin.

In the end though we got a big win, they lost and we got on top of the fold sans picture. Billikens made out ok in this instance.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="thetorch" data-cid="343580" data-time="1361167331"><p>

Playing Devil's advocate<br />

<br />

This was SPUMAC vs Arkansas, their new big rivalry game. Add to that Boone County Correctional's former coach is now the HC at Arkansas, and the razorback's star is from STL. On paper they get top billing by a wide margin.<br />

<br />

In the end though we got a big win, they lost and we got on top of the fold sans picture. Billikens made out ok in this instance.</p></blockquote>

Unfortunately same will be same for Tuesday. MU plays Florida vs Bills playing VCU. Rated vs non rated team. Expect when we win and MU loses, Bills will receive top billing

The coverage in the P-D has been fine the last couple of years. Surprise, we start winning more, we get more positive coverage. Bernie, Burwell and Strauss have all written some positive stuff. They gave us top billing the night of the New Mexico game, with a big photo, plus a column for Strauss. Actually, they realized that it was an important game, while many of our fans stayed away based on the mediocre attendance for that game. Also, plenty of good coverage of the Butler game.

Regarding SPUMAC, the P-D has hardly been the cheerleaders they have been accused of in the past. They have been spotlighing Haith's shenanigans at Miami and most importantly, if not for the P-D doing some digging, that scumbag Michael Dixon would likely still be at SPUMAC. The P-D shed light on the way SPUMAC was covering up Dixon's past problems and essentially shamed them into getting rid of the guy once it became public. Strauss ripped SPUMAC for the way they handled the situation. A lot of their fans whine about the way they are treated by the P-D.

Bernie, Burwell and Strauss have all written some positive stuff.

I don't really want to further this topic along, but I don't think Bernie has written about the Billikens since Majerus passed away. I realize that he was buddies with Majerus and that's the main reason he wrote about them before, but with the great season they are having you would think he would have written another kind of tribute piece to Majerus about how well they are playing after he passed.

I don't enjoy Burwell's writing or his new video thing, but he seems to cover the Bills a fair amount.

Strass has written about the the Bills quite a bit this year. I wonder how much of that is because he is a huge VCU honk and only cares about SLU because they now share a conference with his team.

Surprisingly Jeff Gordon has also given SLU quite a bit of coverage this year in his Tipsheet pieces. Again, I don't like his writing, but I'll take the coverage.

Overall, the Post has been fair the past couple years in their coverage. However, I do wish Bernie would do a little more. He seems to no longer care without Majerus.