GDT: Out came the rain and washed the spider out

brianstl

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an outstanding road win for the Billikens.

Will the C7 decision makers on the bluff overlooking the Potomac take notice? What naysayers out there say SLU does not have a good program? Give me a break, and then give me another break!

This big road win helps in the A-10 race (7-2, tied for 1st), for NCAA Tournament purposes (18-5, RPI 50 and trending again in the right direction), and if there is any justice, should help with the new conference (C7) competition.

SLU has taken on and now beaten all available C7 competition- Butler, Dayton, and Richmond, and defeated all three by double digits.

Bravo!

Will the C7 decision makers on the bluff overlooking the Potomac take notice? What naysayers out there say SLU does not have a good program? Give me a break, and then give me another break!

This big road win helps in the A-10 race (7-2, tied for 1st), for NCAA Tournament purposes (18-5, RPI 50 and trending again in the right direction), and if there is any justice, should help with the new conference (C7) competition.

SLU has taken on and now beaten all available C7 competition- Butler, Dayton, and Richmond, and defeated all three by double digits.

Bravo!

Now just VCU and X left to destroy

Bravo!

Hopefully it helps and they take notice and it cannot hurt, but I'm afraid the harsh reality is that any recent wins have little to do with any of it. It is all politics and money; hopefully that means that the STL market and available TV revenue wins out over the likes of Creighton, Dayton, Richmond, etc.

SLU should have everything going for it:

Best TV market;

Good endowment that dwarfs the competition other than the Southern Bank that is Richmond;

Best state of the art arena;

Best team.

SLU should have everything going for it:

Best TV market;

Good endowment that dwarfs the competition other than the Southern Bank that is Richmond;

Best state of the art arena;

Best team.

Also, "not being Dayton" is in our favor.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kshoe" data-cid="341933" data-time="1360458794"><p>

Ugly can be so beautiful at times!!!</p></blockquote>

A freaking men. Didn't see the game as I'm at our kids school auction dinner. For goodness sakes, we won at Richmond by 10. I was worried we would lose. A win by 10 pts is phenomenal. Great job guys!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kshoe" data-cid="341933" data-time="1360458794"><p>

A freaking men. Didn't see the game as I'm at our kids school auction dinner. For goodness sakes, we won at Richmond by 10. I was worried we would lose. A win by 10 pts is phenomenal. Great job guys!

Bills vs. anyone > Kid's school auction dinner

The only game I missed was when my daughter really pissed me off and wanted out of my wife's belly during the Marquette game in 1999. I grounded her for that as soon as she was old enough to understand.

Keep winning. Get a week to prepare for Charlotte on Saturday (although we've seemed to struggle the last couple years when we have a week off). Shouldn't be a problem though. Charlotte isn't that good. Then VCU on the 19th. Not to look ahead but VCU has games on Thursday the 14th, Saturday the 16, and then us on Tuesday the 19th. Not much downtime there. Maybe could be a help for us. Either way gotta get it done against Charlotte first.

Keep winning. Shouldn't be a problem though. Charlotte isn't that good.

Neither was Rhode Island. I expect that we will have to bring it 100% as Charlotte plays Butler before us. If they get spanked, a distinct possibility, they will be out for blood.

p.s. EDIT - Why doesn't this stupid script work properly with Safari!?!?!?!?

Neither was Rhode Island. I expect that we will have to bring it 100% as Charlotte plays Butler before us. If they get spanked, a distinct possibility, they will be out for blood.

p.s. EDIT - Why doesn't this stupid script work properly with Safari!?!?!?!?

What is the problem with Safari?

Also, I recommend to EVERYONE who still has block quote problems to clear your browser's cache

What is the problem with Safari?

Also, I recommend to EVERYONE who still has block quote problems to clear your browser's cache

Not exactly sure, but it seems when I post using my Apple laptop, A. I cannot use any of the enhanced features and B. It always screws up the quote function unless I manually alter the syntax.

EDIT: Of course, this time it works. It's all your fault B)

Will I piss people off if I ask what the chances are that we break the top 25 on Monday? We have to be getting awfully close. Who might drop out? Missouri?

Mizzou should be dropped out after their loss to A&M, but they beat an overrated Ole Miss team today, so voters will leave them in. Ole Miss has one top 50 win, which was a home win against Mizzou, a team that doesn't have a single road win. So yeah, they belonged in the top 25. :rolleyes:

Mizzou should be dropped out after their loss to A&M, but they beat an overrated Ole Miss team today, so voters will leave them in. Ole Miss has one top 50 win, which was a home win against Mizzou, a team that doesn't have a single road win. So yeah, they belonged in the top 25. :rolleyes:

Heresay!!!! Okay, now I have to go out and drink...more. B)

Next time you doubt the boys in a no lose situation, I am throwing your ass out of 108 and into Box's section with the other pessimistic losers, I'm just sayin, show some respect for your elders.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BACKHANDtheRICAN" data-cid="341969" data-time="1360460463"><p>

The only thing I like more than a fight is a fight after a win.</p></blockquote>

Wrestling on Wash Ave?