Interesting Richmond Stat

slu72

The Spiders are on a 5 game winning streak at home. At home they have defeated the last 3 teams that held the conference lead (Charlotte, X, and VCU). This ain't gonna be no easy game, Billiken fans.

I don't think anybody expects it to be easy. Road games vs. good teams rarely are.

Put me in the camp that thinks this game is huge (they all are though). We have good positive vibes surrounding the program right now and a loss would certainly throw a wet blanket over those.

I don't think anybody expects it to be easy. Road games vs. good teams rarely are.

Put me in the camp that thinks this game is huge (they all are though). We have good positive vibes surrounding the program right now and a loss would certainly throw a wet blanket over those.

Relax SShoe, we have no room for hand ringers in Section 108, I am confident that we will win on Saturday.

We won't lose this weekend. This team has it together now. The great thing about a team with such balanced scoring is that we have a number of guys who can step up at any time. Cody and Dwayne are playing out of their minds right now. Loe is having good conference play. KM can break out at any time. Jett will slit your throat.

We won't lose this weekend. This team has it together now. The great thing about a team with such balanced scoring is that we have a number of guys who can step up at any time. Cody and Dwayne are playing out of their minds right now. Loe is having good conference play. KM can break out at any time. Jett will slit your throat.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE.

JETT WILL SLIT YOUR THROAT.

Oh, I'm w/ Jimbo on this... Jett will slit your throat! That's a Tshirt Nike won't sue over. Whoever made up those Jordair Ts last year has got to jump on this. Jordair the Ripper! with a big slash mark right on the back. Love it, Tonka. We can't lose after that comment.

Seriously, is there a worse mascot in college than a friggin Spider? Is there a team called the Snakes?

Yes: Wildcats.

Spiders is a great nickname. I love mascots that are unique, whether regionally specific, school-specific, or otherwise badass. Nothing is more boring than a generic mascot. How many Tigers are there? Or Hawks? Screw that . I'll take a Spider, Billiken, or Explorer any day over a Wildcat, Tiger, or Eagle.

Spiders is a great nickname. I love mascots that are unique, whether regionally specific, school-specific, or otherwise badass. Nothing is more boring than a generic mascot. How many Tigers are there? Or Hawks? Screw that . I'll take a Spider, Billiken, or Explorer any day over a Wildcat, Tiger, or Eagle.

It is even worse when the teams that share a mascot are in the same conference. There are 3 Tigers in the SEC and 3 Rams in the A-10. That means there are multiple Tigers vs Tigers and Rams vs Rams games each year. How awful is that?

Just because it isn't generic, doesn't mean its good. Spiders is a bad name for a team, IMO.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="someoneelse" data-cid="341412" data-time="1360362406"><p>

Is there an animal that causes more visceral fear than a spider? Big cats like tigers, panthers, wildcats are scary yes, but not in the same league as a spider.</p></blockquote>

30.5% of the worlds population has a fear of spiders according to the national board of menatal health. Thats a lot of people fearing Richmond.

Persinally I think its pretty cool.

Its no UC Santa Cruz Banana Slug but its pretty cool.

I'm going to go with Eagles, because Marquette chose it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="someoneelse" data-cid="341412" data-time="1360362406"><p>

Is there an animal that causes more visceral fear than a spider? Big cats like tigers, panthers, wildcats are scary yes, but not in the same league as a spider.</p></blockquote>

30.5% of the worlds population has a fear of spiders according to the national board of menatal health. Thats a lot of people fearing Richmond.

Persinally I think its pretty cool.

Its no UC Santa Cruz Banana Slug but its pretty cool.

That seems pretty low to me. Maybe that's because 100% of my household has an extremely unhealthy fear of spiders. Keep those fuokers away from me!