New C7 Board

NJRedMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go on there, please explain to these posters that their online message board rants aren't going to impact who gets invited to the conference.

What is crazy is that these guys genuinely believe conference rankings should be based solely upon a team's RPI or number of NCAA wins over a 3-year period.

If you go on there, please explain to these posters that their online message board rants aren't going to impact who gets invited to the conference.

What is crazy is that these guys genuinely believe conference rankings should be based solely upon a team's RPI or number of NCAA wins over a 3-year period.

Reading their arguments was not good for my blood pressure.

You gotta imagine many of these guys are the worst of some of the most obnoxious fan bases in college hoops.

I read many of the threads on there and have yet to post, but am glad that Nark is standing up for us. I can understand why fans of schools like Creighton, Dayton and VCU would feel the need to rip on SLU as we are essentially battling with them for one of the spots, but why fans from the lower 3 or 4 of the C7 would feel the need to belittle us is beyond me. They should count their blessings that G-town, Marquette and St. Johns aren't telling them to prove their worthiness. Thankfully there are quite a few good posters on that board that "get it."

I do predict that when we get in to the C12 there will be a fair amount of criticism by some in the media. There will be those on the East Coast that will argue for VCU or whichever school is left out. But much closer to home there will be some in the media that will predict that we won't be able to hack it in the new conference and that we are Depaul waiting to happen, etc. If we struggle in the first year (quite possible given all the players that will have graduated) the voices will get even louder. It is what it is.

I am waiting to get approved. Someone needs to point out to these idiots that last time we were in a conference of that caliber we produced results. We had a seven year run of 4 tournament appearances, coference tourney title, a national coach of the year, national freshman of the year, numerous all conference players, etc. We have proven we can play on that stage. None of the other contenders have.

I perused the board just a bit. What I learned: if you're not in a big market, the argument is that markets don't matter.

I'd enjoy the new league. However, I think the A10 right now is better than the C7. I don't want to be left behind with Kirk Cameron though. A new league with a good TV Contract that we could watch anywhere would be great. Traveling partners to schools X, UD, Butler Marq and possibly Creighton that's the cat's pajamas.

I perused the board just a bit. What I learned: if you're not in a big market, the argument is that markets don't matter.

I'd enjoy the new league. However, I think the A10 right now is better than the C7. I don't want to be left behind with Kirk Cameron though. A new league with a good TV Contract that we could watch anywhere would be great. Traveling partners to schools X, UD, Butler Marq and possibly Creighton that's the cat's pajamas.

You left out DePaul - I gathered the same thing - market size is not important if you are from a small market city. Easy to see why that opinion is there. This is why I have never been so sure about Dayton getting in - they are a small market and they have not really been playing very good ball recently. For those of you who are number people - what has Dayton done in the last 5 years?