Dez Wells to .................

Taj79

.....................Maryland. And he can petition for immediate eligibility. The Twerps beat out Memphis, Kentucky and Oregon.

.....http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8335960/former-xavier-musketeers-star-dezmine-wells-enrolls-maryland-terrapins

-a quote from the article, not the ncaa i realize....."Because he was expelled from Xavier, he will need to petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility. One of two scenarios will play out -- Wells will win his appeal and become immediately eligible, or he will have to sit out this season".........so because he was expelled it is possible for him to play right away but if it is a straight transfer most of these require sitting out a season??? granted he has to petition and it be approved, but this seems a bit odd to me

-codes of conduct and their enforcement probably vary greatly among ncaa members, but to be expelled by one member and the next month be eligible to play at another institution is again odd to me, will be interesting to see what comes out of indy on this one

-a quote from the article, not the ncaa i realize....."Because he was expelled from Xavier, he will need to petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility. One of two scenarios will play out -- Wells will win his appeal and become immediately eligible, or he will have to sit out this season".........so because he was expelled it is possible for him to play right away but if it is a straight transfer most of these require sitting out a season??? granted he has to petition and it be approved, but this seems a bit odd to me

-codes of conduct and their enforcement probably vary greatly among ncaa members, but to be expelled by one member and the next month be eligible to play at another institution is again odd to me, will be interesting to see what comes out of indy on this one

One can petition for anything, doesn't mean it will result in a positive outcome.

For example, I can petition that we should get 3 top 100 LOIs this fall. Not gonna happen.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/63511/dezmine-wells-decision-brightens-terps-future

"Wells won't pay immediate dividends (he'll almost certainly have to sit out the customary transfer year, barring any sort of precedent-setting hardship transfer waiver ruling by the NCAA)."

"Xavier's strange decision made Wells the most desirable free agent in recent transfer history."

You have to lose some respect for Maryland for taking him.

Xavier is paying the price for their on court basketball success, the disgraceful players they have brought in over the years have tarnished their institution's reputation. It must be difficult to be an alumni.

Broy is right, I would rather play the game with decent kids than win like Ky, Memphis, Marq, Xavier, Cincy, etc, that crowd.

You have to lose some respect for Maryland for taking him.

Xavier is paying the price for their on court basketball success, the disgraceful players they have brought in over the yearx have tarnished their institution's reputation. It must be difficult to be an alumni.

Broy is right, I would rather play the game with decent kids than win like Ky, Memphis, Xavier, that crowd.

I don't know what he did, but it should be noted that the Prosecutor in Hamilton County refused to press charges. He even went so far as to give a radio interview and urged Xavier to readmit Wells.

Let's not drag the kid's name through the mud without knowing what's going on.

The kid also paid the price for being a key member in the Xavier-UC brawl. I wish him well.

I don't know what he did, but it should be noted that the Prosecutor in Hamilton County refused to press charges. He even went so far as to give a radio interview and urged Xavier to readmit Wells.

Let's not drag the kid's name through the mud without knowing what's going on.

The kid also paid the price for being a key member in the Xavier-UC brawl. I wish him well.

It was a game of truth or dare that resulted in Wells and a female participant to engage in a consensual act. She later felt bad about it and reported it up the chain, saying she didn't want to do it. Xavier kicked him out, and then heard and rejected his appeal shortly thereafter. Hamilton County looked at the case and decided not to prosecute.

Any SLU fan questioning the character of Xavier's players, staff, or administration needs to take a serious look in the mirror.

It was a game of truth or dare that resulted in Wells and a female participant to engage in a consensual act. She later felt bad about it and reported it up the chain, saying she didn't want to do it. Xavier kicked him out, and then heard and rejected his appeal shortly thereafter. Hamilton County looked at the case and decided not to prosecute.

Any SLU fan questioning the character of Xavier's players, staff, or administration needs to take a serious look in the mirror.

If anything, we should look down on him for playing truth or dare. What a weirdo. I mean I knew 98% of Xavier grads are complete weirdos, but I didn't know they were playing 8th grade games there.

But seriously - our guys got screwed the EXACT same way. Do you not see that, MB?

If anything, we should look down on him for playing truth or dare. What a weirdo. I mean I knew 98% of Xavier grads are complete weirdos, but I didn't know they were playing 8th grade games there.

But seriously - our guys got screwed the EXACT same way. Do you not see that, MB?

I thought the same thing about truth or dare. Not sure what good can come from that; has to tell you something about the mentality of the participants.

MB73 is incapable of reason. Good luck with that.

I haven't read the details of what the dare was but I would bet our guys got screwed in a different way. Just the number of participants adds an extra element into the art of screwing. Who knows - maybe Dez didn't even get screwed...

My understanding is that she gave consent contingent on the use of a condom. But he did not put one on.

I agree on the SLU fans judging others. These are young people with raging hormones. Many make mistakes that they later regret. The woman involved was apparently an RA. Did she get punished?

My understanding is that she gave consent contingent on the use of a condom. But he did not put one on.

I agree on the SLU fans judging others. These are young people with raging hormones. Many make mistakes that they later regret. The woman involved was apparently an RA. Did she get punished?

What the hell is a condom?

Isn't she in a position of authority? Is concensual non-marital sex permitted on Xaview campus?

If Xavier booted him and rejected the appeal, clearly the school does not believe that's what happened. In the school's ruling, she was a victim and therefore could not be punished.

Update on Wells .... he was admitted after passing a school-required review. He might stillplay this year. Turgeon calls him their "most athletic player" on the current roster.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bal-dezmine-wells-admitted-to-maryland-0907,0,6994770.story