Reminder: last day to renew tix

How is it more money for SLU? Pistol pays SLU and his friends pay Pistol the same amount. Basically nothing has been changed except a "ghost" season ticket holder is created in the form of Pistol while the real season ticket holder isn't in the SLU system and can't be hit up for additional donations, billiken club membership, gametime changes, etc.

I get that you and Roy want to believe that you have the ability to move up if the person 1 row in front of you wants to do give up his seats, but the reality is that if that person wants his friends to have the seats there is no way to effectively stop it from happening (Pistol or whoever can simply keep paying for the tickets and manually hand them off). It seems better to me for SLU to get the real names of the people that will attend the games and collect $200 in the meantime.

That was my point - I said it was OK for Pistol to keep the tix in his name so we agree on that point. I agree with you that it could very well be a wash but you still have the problem of pissing off other season tix holders/ Club members who may want to move up.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, I didn't mean for this to get out of hand. I was just saying what I'm going through. Some points that I probably need to make:

-The 2 people assuming my seats are already season ticket holders. They have more expensive tickets but they are in the name of one of their employers, not in their personal names. They'd rather sit by friends, even though the seats are not as expensive.

-By them moving back to less expensive seats, 2 spots are now open for one of the loyal Billiken Club members to upgrade.

-I am not keeping the tickets in my name, nor am I fronting any money for the tickets or the fee, nor am I getting paid anything. I am merely trying to facilitate the switch of the name of the season ticket holder for 118, row P, 3-4 to another name.

-ABF is right: By charging a fee for this change, the program is still making sure it gets paid to facilitate this change. Please keep in mind that my section has no seat fee on top of the $450/seat season ticket price. The program is collecting an extra $200, whereas if I were to renew in my name, it would make nothing on top of the season ticket price and processing fee.

-Furthermore, no loyal Billiken Club members are getting screwed because I wasn't in the expensive seats. My last statement showed that I was something like 1700 out of 3400, and I was able to get the seats I have with this standing. I love the seats but no one is fighting over them. If I let them go, they'd go to the general public (i.e. a new season ticket holder), not an established Billiken Club member. If I were in one of the middle sections in one of the front rows, that'd be a different story. And I'm sure it'd be a different process.

-If there is any re-seating process next year, it is up to everyone holding season tickets to take care of themselves. One thing made clear by my experience, Roy's experience, and everyone else's is this: if you want priority, you pay. If you want special treatment, you pay. If you want an upgrade, you pay. It's that simple.

-In addition to not renewing season tickets in my name, I've let my Billiken Club membership expire. Now that I'm going to be living in another city permanently, I can't justify the expense right now without any benefit.

-The way I see it, everyone wins in my situation. I could have just let them expire and go back to the general pool for new season tickets. In this case, SLU would not get an extra $100 per seat and two sets of friends would not be able to sit by one another. The way I'm trying to do it is win-win.

Hopefully this calms down anyone upset by my post.

Ok - you did provide some additional info that has this makes more sense.

-question for the board - how many have requested the ticket office contact for an upgrade? has the request been fulfilled?

-my experience, i asked for several years while at savvis/scottrade/kiel until i did get to move and i have not asked since, so i asked for quite a while, did get contacted a few times and could have moved but not to better seats imo, and the one upgrade was great and i stopped asking, then we moved into Chaifetz and i have not asked

-question for the board - how many have requested the ticket office contact for an upgrade? has the request been fulfilled?

-my experience, i asked for several years while at savvis/scottrade/kiel until i did get to move and i have not asked since, so i asked for quite a while, did get contacted a few times and could have moved but not to better seats imo, and the one upgrade was great and i stopped asking, then we moved into Chaifetz and i have not asked

We did, last year. Moved from 110 to 106. Handled very professionally. (Note: We went from 4 seats to 3 last year. Prior years, when trying to upgrade all 4, we never had much luck, save for an offer one year to sit behind the Shoebox. My daughter was hesistant to sit that low or we probably would have moved to the second-loudest section of the 'Fetz.)

my son had a blemished experience last year trying to upgrade. when he graduated from slu, i told him to get in line and get his own seats (time to grow up and quit hand holding his parents tix). so got in line and got seats in the upper deck. sat up there a couple of years then last year was promised an upgrade and low and behold was supposed to be next to my wife and me!

when the tickets came out, they werent anywhere close to where he was promised an upgrade via the phone conversation he had in august with someone in the Ticket office. he contacted the athletic dept to see what was going on and apparently after the supposed deadline the previous season tix holder had a change of heart and wanted his tix back so they gave em back to him and then assigned anything to my son without discussion.

margo though then stepped in and got him seats just a few rows behind us that were still open which was better than what they tried to assign to him. i liked the effort to fix by margo (i sure hope slu takes care of her, she is a gem) very disappointed in the rest of the fiasco.

my son had a blemished experience last year trying to upgrade. when he graduated from slu, i told him to get in line and get his own seats (time to grow up and quit hand holding his parents tix). so got in line and got seats in the upper deck. sat up there a couple of years then last year was promised an upgrade and low and behold was supposed to be next to my wife and me!

when the tickets came out, they werent anywhere close to where he was promised an upgrade via the phone conversation he had in august with someone in the Ticket office. he contacted the athletic dept to see what was going on and apparently after the supposed deadline the previous season tix holder had a change of heart and wanted his tix back so they gave em back to him and then assigned anything to my son without discussion.

margo though then stepped in and got him seats just a few rows behind us that were still open which was better than what they tried to assign to him. i liked the effort to fix by margo (i sure hope slu takes care of her, she is a gem) very disappointed in the rest of the fiasco.

Margo is the best. Tom Keith and Declan were good too. Its a shame that things like that still happen, and they happen too often. With two of the better staffers leaving I worry that we'll only get more if it.

Roy, I am shocked that your son would be able to get such good seats. You have pretty good seats, correct? He hasn't been a season ticket holder that long and was able to get seats either next to you and your wife or a few rows behind. That amazes me. That, or many people who buy season tickets don't want to pay for better seats.

Roy, I am shocked that your son would be able to get such good seats. You have pretty good seats, correct? He hasn't been a season ticket holder that long and was able to get seats either next to you and your wife or a few rows behind. That amazes me. That, or many people who buy season tickets don't want to pay for better seats.

i am in the red seats. right across from the end of the visitors bench. good seats but not blue or gold. i do agree that considering seniority points seemed too good to be true that he had those or even the ones he ended up with available to pick. but it was i think september before they called him on his upgrade. i.e. the other upgrade requests had already went through. it is my understanding that a lot of the requests are people like box trying to get additional seats so two seats together may not have been target seats.

i am in the red seats. right across from the end of the visitors bench. good seats but not blue or gold. i do agree that considering seniority points seemed too good to be true that he had those or even the ones he ended up with available to pick. but it was i think september before they called him on his upgrade. i.e. the other upgrade requests had already went through. it is my understanding that a lot of the requests are people like box trying to get additional seats so two seats together may not have been target seats.

That's fantastic. I would imagine good seats moving forward will be harder to get.

We did, last year. Moved from 110 to 106. Handled very professionally. (Note: We went from 4 seats to 3 last year. Prior years, when trying to upgrade all 4, we never had much luck, save for an offer one year to sit behind the Shoebox. My daughter was hesistant to sit that low or we probably would have moved to the second-loudest section of the 'Fetz.)

What? You left the friendly confines of Section 110?!?!?

I have never understood this willingness by SLU to allow those who miss the deadline to still keep their old seats. I understand that if no one has requested them then fine but if someone had then I am sorry they just screwed up. If people who are satisfied with their seats do not each year ask for upgrades then it is conceivable that someone with less points could luck out and get to upgrade to something they would normally not ever have access to. The problem is going to be that when we re-seat Roy's son and others like him will find themselves back in the not so good seat area again since everybody ahead of them will want to upgrade at that time. I have to admit, I was not too keen on the idea of re-seating but after thinking about, I think it might be a good thing as long as they do not just try to make it a money grab.

I have never understood this willingness by SLU to allow those who miss the deadline to still keep their old seats. I understand that if no one has requested them then fine but if someone had then I am sorry they just screwed up. If people who are satisfied with their seats do not each year ask for upgrades then it is conceivable that someone with less points could luck out and get to upgrade to something they would normally not ever have access to. The problem is going to be that when we re-seat Roy's son and others like him will find themselves back in the not so good seat area again since everybody ahead of them will want to upgrade at that time. I have to admit, I was not too keen on the idea of re-seating but after thinking about, I think it might be a good thing as long as they do not just try to make it a money grab.

-cheese, i understand that we are given weeks of notice on our seat renewal and that renewal has happened the same time for the last how many years so it should be expected, but i would hope that if a season ticket holder does not renew that calls start on aug 1 from the ticket office to ask if they really want to give up their seats and give them a chance to renew after the 'deadline', i would think it easier to get some of those folks back in the fold than to sell season tickets to new patrons, so i would give those folks a bit of time, not an eternity, but a bit of time

-as to the re-seating, why do it if not a way to increase revenue, or be a money grab?

i agree with cheese. my gosh, we are given almost 2 months to pay. when aug 1 comes, it's time to use the unpaid seats as upgrade possibilities. the kids working the phones should be working them asap.

if you want to make a call in effort, do it the last week of july. there are some great robocall systems out there that could call remind and advise aug 1 your seats will be given out to upgrade requests.

i agree with cheese. my gosh, we are given almost 2 months to pay. when aug 1 comes, it's time to use the unpaid seats as upgrade possibilities. the kids working the phones should be working them asap.

if you want to make a call in effort, do it the last week of july. there are some great robocall systems out there that could call remind and advise aug 1 your seats will be given out to upgrade requests.

So if your wife hadn't reminded you on the last day of the month and you had forgotten, you would have been fine being moved without notification? At the very minimum a call makes sense and after that they need to handle it on a case by case basis. There is no reason to turn away / piss-off a good paying, loyal fan that made an honest mistake. The real problem with Crymdog's story is nobody bothered to call him to explain the deal and see if there were other seats that would work for him. That is unexusable.

If I recall, Skip had a similar situation a couple years where he forgot to send in his BC membership money. A little understanding for long term fans goes a long way as I remember him being very happy with the outcome.

So if your wife hadn't reminded you on the last day of the month and you had forgotten, you would have been fine being moved without notification? At the very minimum a call makes sense and after that they need to handle it on a case by case basis. There is no reason to turn away / piss-off a good paying, loyal fan that made an honest mistake. The real problem with Crymdog's story is nobody bothered to call him to explain the deal and see if there were other seats that would work for him. That is unexusable.

If I recall, Skip had a similar situation a couple years where he forgot to send in his BC membership money. A little understanding for long term fans goes a long way as I remember him being very happy with the outcome.

I did, and it was handled very well by .... of course Margo. It seems to me it would be pretty easy to make the deadline Aug 1st, but not give away seats for 30 days. I don't remember how I was notified, by a phone call probably. Anyone who hasn't renewed should be called and reminded or asked what they'd like to do. Times are tough right now for a lot of people, so I'd even suggest a non refundable deposit of a couple hundred allow people a little more time to pay if needed as long as the total is in by say Oct 1st. Maybe they do that now? I'd suggest that anyone with a problem that is a Billiken Club member to contact Margo. I don't believe there is a person in the Athletic Department that is better at their job than Margo is at hers.

A couple years ago we sent the renewal via us post office. Was not received by school. Received a call concerning non renewal. We been season ticket holders for more than 30 years.

We apologized and renewed on the spot. Fwiw blues cards and rams contact non renewalers