2012 CBE classic revealed

wgstl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the Athletic Department will procure us another great bar like they did in Columbus.

Kelly's has SLU roots. That's what was meant by that suggestion. I've not strayed from Westport/Plaza area when I'm in K.C., so I can't say much for the Power & Light district. All I know is that it's the oldest building in KC proper and has a lot of history in the bricks, so you'll find me there ;)

Kelly's has SLU roots. That's what was meant by that suggestion. I've not strayed from Westport/Plaza area when I'm in K.C., so I can't say much for the Power & Light district. All I know is that it's the oldest building in KC proper and has a lot of history in the bricks, so you'll find me there ;)

And I certainly didn't mean to shoot it down. I just meant that I hope that SLU sets something "official" up for us somewhere.

I wish those KC games were on Saturday and Sunday instead of Monday and Tuesday, but I'll cope.

And I certainly didn't mean to shoot it down. I just meant that I hope that SLU sets something "official" up for us somewhere.

I wish those KC games were on Saturday and Sunday instead of Monday and Tuesday, but I'll cope.

I also replied to the wrong quote, B&W...my bad! Couldn't sleep after a riveting sand volleyball game last night. I agree - hopefully SLU in conjunction with our alumni club folks in KC will set us up with a great place to chow down and drink up pre & post-game. Go Bills!

I also replied to the wrong quote, B&W...my bad! Couldn't sleep after a riveting sand volleyball game last night. I agree - hopefully SLU in conjunction with our alumni club folks in KC will set us up with a great place to chow down and drink up pre & post-game. Go Bills!

I'm all for this -- let the fun begin !

KU had a down year last year as far as talent goes, that changes this year. KU will be starting 4 players that will be in the NBA the next year. I guess I can see why NH thinks more of A&M than KU.

KU will be super talented. They'll also be fairly inexperienced. If there's a time a team should want to play them next year it's in November or December. I think it would be a good game between us.

KU will be super talented. They'll also be fairly inexperienced. If there's a time a team should want to play them next year it's in November or December. I think it would be a good game between us.

KU will be LOADED with talent. This will be a great test for the Billikens and probably tell us a lot about this team.

KU had a down year last year as far as talent goes, that changes this year. KU will be starting 4 players that will be in the NBA the next year. I guess I can see why NH thinks more of A&M than KU.

no, ku was "thought" to have a down year. they never "had" a down year. Trob was a rare player and a very special player, The best PF in the country yes ahead of sully. TT was the most dangerous offensive PG in all the land. you had a lock down in releford. and the best 7 footer in the country. they were not down, just under rated in talent preseason.

All I can say is kansas will be amazing, very talented, and very good. But extremely young, and thats when teams like SLU and Wisconsin are scary for coaches with young teams.

Please tell us how many stars their recruits have.

The talent level for SLU should also not be underrated. The amount of talented players brought in by Rick is amazing. The year before he took over SLU, I didn't think SLU had a player that could walk on at KU. Now SLU should play KU as a favorite at the CBE. The thing that i will be watching is Even's agility, will he stop moving like a undersized power foward or will he move like an elite small forward. If the later is the case SLU could be a threat to be in the final four.

The talent level for SLU should also not be underrated. The amount of talented players brought in by Rick is amazing. The year before he took over SLU, I didn't think SLU had a player that could walk on at KU. Now SLU should play KU as a favorite at the CBE. The thing that i will be watching is Even's agility, will he stop moving like a undersized power foward or will he move like an elite small forward. If the later is the case SLU could be a threat to be in the final four.

this is the joker that thinks liddell and lisch couldnt have beat out ku's walk on's. he is an idiot. especially considering self begged lisch to come to ku.

Not to take a shot at the athletic dept. but I think a lot of that credit should go to Meg Connolly(sp) in the alumni relations office. At least give them both credit.

Definitely credit to Ms.Connolly. I spoke with her a bit and she said since this was a first for her, she didn't know what to expect. But was thrilled by the unexpected turnout. I just hope for our opening round next year it's east of the Mississippi.

Of course we have to stay focused and get past A&M, but if we do, this KU game is very winnable. We are more experienced. Agree, better to play them in November than later in the year. This is a great opportunity. I would feel good about our chances.

Roy I think most know what type of person you are so I won't get into this with you. The ONLY player Bill Self tried to take over to KU was Charlie Villanueva.

You did say that neither Tommie or Kevin could probably walk on at KU, or something to that extent. It's a pretty ridiculous statement, which you've never to my knowledge taken back.

So we also know what type of person you are.

Roy I think most know what type of person you are so I won't get into this with you. The ONLY player Bill Self tried to take over to KU was Charlie Villanueva.

self did not try to take kevin from slu. he was recruiting kevin hard when kevin was in high school and not committed yet. kevin's final schools pretty much came down to ku, illinois, wisconsin and slu. all three of the losers took it hard (especially weber) when they lost out to little ole slu.

the point is, it is hard to believe that self would have been recruiting kevin that hard when there was no walkon spot on the team.

just curious what "type of person" do you think i am? you dont get much right on this board, so maybe i could help you out with that as well.

It didn't sound right that Lisch got an offer. I asked an expert that follows KU recruiting and after he had a good chuckle I can clear it up for those who care. Kevin Lisch was NEVER offered a scholarship to KU. The class was made up of some guys you might have heard of, Mario Chalmers, Brandon Rush, Micah Downs and Julian Wright. So Roy was either mistaken or he's a liar.

It didn't sound right that Lisch got an offer. I asked an expert that follows KU recruiting and after he had a good chuckle I can clear it up for those who care. Kevin Lisch was NEVER offered a scholarship to KU. The class was made up of some guys you might have heard of, Mario Chalmers, Brandon Rush, Micah Downs and Julian Wright. So Roy was either mistaken or he's a liar.

unless your source is bill self himself, you dont have a better source than me. regardless, the fact you said that both lisch and liddell couldnt wallk on at ku was flat out stupid. you should just admit that was a dumb uninformed statement and just stop trying to deflect because it makes you look pretty dumb.