The State of Billiken Nation

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Constant ESPN coverage.

I'd actually say constant coverage on local news. Games on the radio and tv. Movies which do not involve canibalism like Field of Dreams, The Natural, Pride of the Yankees, and Bull Durham. A 1-0 pitchers duel is more interesting to most Americans than the most exciting world cup match ever.

to be a sport the participants 1. must use a ball (puck counts as a ball) 2. play defense (golf is out) 3. be allowed to use their hands (soccer out) ;)

The sad untold story about the spelling bee circuit is the rampant drug use amongst the participants. I expect an ESPN 30 for 30 on this soon.

An internal email was sent out detailing how rebecca seafood and ned Andrews were involved in a physical altercation prior to the 94 Bee. They had to be separated by pronounced Alex Cameron.

Speaking of Billiken gear, last Friday my local Sam's club had trays of cupcakes available in either blue and white or that other color scheme. There were equal numbers of each scheme. They also had a tray with a cake designed as a basketball in the center with the colored cupcakes alternating around the outside. I bought one of these for the grandkids who thoroughly enjoyed them during the Memphis game. That is some indication of the higher profile of SLU already has as a result of the NCAA.

to be a sport the participants 1. must use a ball (puck counts as a ball) 2. play defense (golf is out) 3. be allowed to use their hands (soccer out) ;)

Of course, roy, you are 100% correct. I learned these rules from Sister Mary Joseph and the Baltimore catechism circa 1955. True then, true now. :rolleyes:

Nothing but a bunch of

sissy boys play soccer. Reality.

Now now now Moytoy.... didnt you tell me you played soccer? ;)

Id say the soccer guys are collectively far more cut than any of the other sports....bigger isnt better when its fat, imo.

Now now now Moytoy.... didnt you tell me you played soccer? ;)

Id say the soccer guys are collectively far more cut than any of the other sports....bigger isnt better when its fat, imo.

He was just mocking MB73 with this post, Billikitty.

Of course, roy, you are 100% correct. I learned these rules from Sister Mary Joseph and the Baltimore catechism circa 1955. True then, true now. :rolleyes:

Golf doesn't have defense? I beg to differ. Everytime my opponent is over his 3 footer and draws the short stick back, I cough. He misses just about every time. It's called the Hack Curtain Defense. The only thing I learned from Sr. Maria Carol was she didn't value hands at all. WHACK, that damn ruler hurt.

Ruining a good basketball thread with all this soccer nonsense, but per jbizzle09's request & FOR MY FANS:

The best thing about soccer = bet the under.

1-0, 2-0, it's boring as hell. (There shouldn't be an offsides penalty, and they should take out 2 players, make it 9 on 9. Then you might have something.)

The only thing worse than soccer is girl's soccer.

The caliber of USA soccer is terrible, we can't beat even Kazakhastan, Zambia, Uraguay...

Tell me where I am wrong...

& moytoy12 played soccer? No wonder. That explains his consistently frustrated psychological profile (couldn't hit a baseball, shoot a basketball, catch a football...).

@EASTSIDEJOE

Hey man! I'm Tom, I'm the one you were talking about in your post brother! Go Bills! I'm buds with Bobby and I'm sure they'd be down to come to Fieldhouse too and talk Billikens basketball with everyone. I'm the one that painted those badass war triangles on his face, and he still owes me some money for getting his ugly mug on Sports Illustrated.

Anyway, Billikens Pre-Game Party Reunion or just a few Billikens.com members hanging out, we're all game for a drink at Fieldhouse or anywhere else. Private message me and we'll get this thing going. GO BILLIKENS BABY

- Tom

Ruining a good basketball thread with all this soccer nonsense, but per jbizzle09's request & FOR MY FANS:

The best thing about soccer = bet the under.

1-0, 2-0, it's boring as hell. (There shouldn't be an offsides penalty, and they should take out 2 players, make it 9 on 9. Then you might have something.)

The only thing worse than soccer is girl's soccer.

The caliber of USA soccer is terrible, we can't beat even Kazakhastan, Zambia, Uraguay...

Tell me where I am wrong...

& moytoy12 played soccer? No wonder. That explains his consistently frustrated psychological profile (couldn't hit a baseball, shoot a basketball, catch a football...).

If you knew anything about soccer you would know that Uraguay is currently loaded with talent in soccer. They'll be a force at the next world cup.