Jordair Jett!

Tonka

I don't think JJ is getting enough praise for his play at the end of the season. He is far and away the most exciting player for me to watch on our Billikens. The announcers that covered the final games we played always had great things to say about Jordair.

Every time I took a casual fan to a Billiken game this year, the one player that always got mentioned seemed to be JJ.

He truly is the "X" factor on this team.

Here are JJ's stats in the last 4 games of the year (Conference Tourney and NCAA Tourney):

Average Min / Game: 29.75

Field Goals: 11-20 (55%)

3 Pt. FG: 2-4 (50%)

Free Throws: 16-21 (76%)

Average Points / Game: 9.75 pts

Average Rebounds / Game: 5 rebounds

Average Assists per Game: 1 Assist

Average Steals / Game: 1.75 steals

Only 1 Turnover in the last four games combined!

As much as I look forward to all the guys the next couple of years, I am thrilled to have Jordair for two more years. The kid takes pride in his defense and will bulk up even more and will truly be a nighmare for opposing offenses.

Couldn't agree more! In fact I was going to start a similar thread this morning. Not only is he far and away the best athlete on the team (with a nod to Remekun) he also seemed to be the only player who did not get intimidated by the moment yesterday. That is not meant to be a shot at the rest of the team, but more speaks what kind of player JJ might become over the next couple years. The sky is the limit in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more! In fact I was going to start a similar thread this morning. Not only is he far and away the best athlete on the team (with a nod to Remekun) he also seemed to be the only player who did not get intimidated by the moment yesterday. That is not meant to be a shot at the rest of the team, but more speaks what kind of player JJ might become over the next couple years. The sky is the limit in my opinion.

You obviously were not at the games in Columbus. Everyone who was there talked about how impressed they were by the fact that our team was obviously not intimidated by the moment. In both games our guys played with toughness and intensity. If anything, it was clear that both teams we played we frustrated by our defense and could not believe they could not run and gun. With a fantastic season and great play in the BIg Dance--why do you want to insult our team?

You obviously were not at the games in Columbus. Everyone who was there talked about how impressed they were by the fact that our team was obviously not intimidated by the moment. In both games our guys played with toughness and intensity. If anything, it was clear that both teams we played we frustrated by our defense and could not believe they could not run and gun. With a fantastic season and great play in the BIg Dance--why do you want to insult our team?

Billikan, I don't think Drew meant it as an insult. He even stated "not meant to be a shot".

I also think the players seemed a little nervous in the first half. Drew used the word "intimidated" which probably is what you didn't like and that may have been a poor choice of words, but I think nervous wouldn't be off base.

He was complimenting JJ. He's on the same side as us.

I was in Columbus and the boys left everything they had on the floor. I walked out of there very proud of the guys and proud to have my Billiken gear on. I by NO MEANS meant that as a shot. It would have been super human not to have been a little nervous. I was just saying that JJ seemed to be the least effected by the situation and i think that bodes very well for the next couple years

At dinner last night a couple of my friend's friends, who attended the game, were first impressed by how tough we played MSU. Being Buckeyes they know how tough MSU is. They were both impressed by JJ. They had seats right behind the Bills' bench and said because of JJ's build they'd like him to play safety for the Bucks. Fat chance. One interesting sideline, they said "the young bald headed coach was the guy making all the substitution calls." I never noticed this, has it been like this all year. If so, that's great news for Harriman that RM trusts him so much.

At dinner last night a couple of my friend's friends, who attended the game, were first impressed by how tough we played MSU. Being Buckeyes they know how tough MSU is. They were both impressed by JJ. They had seats right behind the Bills' bench and said because of JJ's build they'd like him to play safety for the Bucks. Fat chance. One interesting sideline, they said "the young bald headed coach was the guy making all the substitution calls." I never noticed this, has it been like this all year. If so, that's great news for Harriman that RM trusts him so much.

This is true about Harriman. Also, talking with Paul Eckerle on Saturday night he was saying how important Jim Crewes has been this season. Having Rick and Crewes on the bench for the X's and O's took the team to another level

slu72, yeah it's normally Harriman. RM will pull the player, but it's usually Harriman that decides who goes in....

he became so clutch at the FT line at the end of the year.

Agree, JJ has been working on his FTs like mad! And his mid-range shot has been very good. He's starting to get comfortable with the open 3 too. He's never going to be as prolific as KM or CE...or even MM with the 3 ball, but if starts knocking a high percentage of the open ones he takes...they will be forced to defend him on the perimeter even more than they do now....

This is true about Harriman. Also, talking with Paul Eckerle on Saturday night he was saying how important Jim Crewes has been this season. Having Rick and Crewes on the bench for the X's and O's took the team to another level

Good point on Crews. I was hoping he would stay and Whitesell would leave. Nothing against Whitesell but Crewes brings more to the table. Going forward we don't need 2 ex-head coaches on the bench with Rick. However, we do need a young, hungry asst. on the staff to go alongside Harriman.

Like many of you I've been a JJ fan since day 1. I believe if given the opportunity he can also become a great passer. His f/t shooting has been remarkedly better. It still looks ugly with his elbow flying out, but he's reduced his movement and shortened his stroke so he has less room for error. I'd love to see him spend the summer completely reworking his shot properly. If he'd really put an empahsis on becoming a great shooter and there is no reason he can't. the skly could be the limit. I really think he could be a star who could score from all over the court.

Like many of you I've been a JJ fan since day 1. I believe if given the opportunity he can also become a great passer. His f/t shooting has been remarkedly better. It still looks ugly with his elbow flying out, but he's reduced his movement and shortened his stroke so he has less room for error. I'd love to see him spend the summer completely reworking his shot properly. If he'd really put an empahsis on becoming a great shooter and there is no reason he can't. the skly could be the limit. I really think he could be a star who could score from all over the court.

i was not an early jordair fan. i thought he was wild and careless with the ball, i thought his shot was horrible. i did like his size and very apparent athleticism. but i guessed he would be run off for not conforming.

i was wrong. he not only conformed, he has obviously worked very hard on his weaknesses and imo was actually the most improved player on the team from last year. his improvements just dont show as much on the stats line. it would not surprise me to see him push for a starting spot next year and even if he doesnt he will be the guy on the floor at the end of games simply because of his lights out defense and rebounding.

I share your enthusiasm for JJ. I think he is already a very good passer. He has excellent court vision and he really cut down on his turnovers this year. His free throws seemed to get better as the year went on, the mid range game is already good, now he just needs to become a threat from 3-point land.

My wife is demanding an Air Jordair t-shirt

I would like one too. If there are any left or gets another printing, count me in.

Same here. The wife is a huge JJ fan as well, so we would definitely take 2.

You guys and your wives all saw me modeling it on Friday. It's no wonder these shirts are in higher demand now.