Bracketology/Seed update

The LAST team I want to play in the tourney is "Missourah". That said, I think we match up very well with them.

HRRRM... i can think of half a dozen teams i'd rather play. those suckfuoks wouldn't know what to do if someone played defense on them.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Butler, VCU and George mason were deserving and at the end of the day they didn't win the national championship. A power conference school won it... They happened to be 3 teams out of how many power conferences that came close but still couldn't do it.

Also, more to your point, if you increase the teams then most likely mid majors will have worse seeds and have to play more games to get to the title which would actually hurt chances of making runs to the final four. So once again I do not think they should add more teams

Last, I would really like to know what 40 other teams deserve bids because right now to your logic it sounds like most BCS conferencs arr giving one team a bid that probably doesn't deserve it. Therefore you are talking about 30 or so more mid majors getting bids. Seems like quite a stretch to me

HRRRM... i can think of half a dozen teams i'd rather play. those suckfuoks wouldn't know what to do if someone played defense on them.

This is from Bleacher-report:

Final Favorite That Will Lose Early: Missouri

As much as their stellar 27-4 record has the common fans buying into the hype, the Missouri Tigers will be one of the first major names bounced from the 2012 tournament. The first time the Tigers face a stout defense, their shooting will go dry and their run at a championship will end early.

Thought that was kind of funny. Here is the link:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1091500-ncaa-tournament-2012-schedule-dates-locations-and-more

so you knew that the likes of butler, vmi, or george mason a few years back were deserved of final four prior to the tourney? you dont think there is a chance another late blooming butler looms out in mid major land right around the year end 40-60 rpi mark?

i do. and right now there is a very good chance that team gets left out while the likes of 8-10 conference northwestern gets a spot. well the ncaa is never going to do the right thing and leave the mediocre bcs team out. they've proven that corruption story out year after year. the bcs conferences are all going to average 6-7 teams in. hell last year didnt like 42 big east teams get invites? that b.s.

so the way you fix it is to let more teams in. at 128 you are really only talking about one more game. and we do that one night of games now on tuesday night. so no big deal at all. the more mid majors let in the better the tourney is.

If you complain that the "mediocre" BCS team shouldn't get in over the likes of a mid major than you also have to accept that the teams and conferences farther down the food chain will complain when their top teams get overlooked in favor of "mediocre" mid major teams. Someone is always going to be pissed off.

If you complain that the "mediocre" BCS team shouldn't get in over the likes of a mid major than you also have to accept that the teams and conferences farther down the food chain will complain when their top teams get overlooked in favor of "mediocre" mid major teams. Someone is always going to be pissed off.

At least in that scenario, the weaker conference teams that get overlooked will have a .500+ record...

Seton Hall, South Florida, and unfortunately Northwestern should not even be considered unless they get to their Tournament Championships...8-10 in Conference = NIT...

If losing to richmond/lasalle would keep us in but knock us down to an 11 seed, id be all about it

I am with you there. Either win the A10 tourney and move up to a six or perform there in way that gets you down to an 11 seed.

I am with you there. Either win the A10 tourney and move up to a six or perform there in way that gets you down to an 11 seed.

I'm tired of this, losing in the A10 Tournament to gain a lower seed in the Big Dance argument. I don't want the Bills limping in to the Big Dance. Let's get as much momentum as possible!

JUST WIN BABY!!!!!

SLU is at average 8.9 seed of the 41 Bracketolgogists updating today.

7 seed -- 2

8 seed -- 10

9 seed -- 21

10 seed -- 7

11 seed -- 1

-granted very small, but yesterday it was 8.8, i don't like the trend, but we can change that on friday

Success in the A-10 tournament means nothing to me compared with a favorable draw in the Big Dance. 6 seed if we win the A-10 by all means win out. 7-10 seed might be a killer to us

-i agree success in the tourney has a lot to do with matchups. i think if we are on a roll we can continue it as we, hopefully, learned a lesson as evidence from saturday's win

Anybody talking about throwing any game is a fuoking lunatic.

Wow...

+1. Not even necessarily saying we throw a game, I just don't want to lose at all. Win the A10 and move past the 8/9 line. I don't even care if we get an 8 or 9. It seems like every year a 1 seed goes down early and I think we have the potential to play with anyone in the country especially with our coaching and defense. Give me an 8/9 with an even matchup in the first round.

Just saying if an 11 seed was guaranteed by losing to richmond/lasalle i wouldn't be heartbroken to see us lose

No way. First, the bubble has started to pinch, and first and foremost, SLU needs to get in the NCAA Tournament. There are pundits who still do not have SLU as an NCAA lock.

With an RPI of 30, and 2nd Place in the 7th highest ranked league, SLU should be in.

But Andy Katz of ESPN talked to an NCAA Committee member, and the Committee is reportedly going to take a close look at regular season conference champs who don't win their conference tournaments. Katz specifically mentioned Drexel (RPI 68). And I've heard mention elsewhere of Iona (RPI 43).

Let's not take any chances. Let's win in the quarterfinal on Friday. If nothing else, consider it as insurance.

No way. First, the bubble has started to pinch, and first and foremost, SLU needs to get in the NCAA Tournament. There are pundits who still do not have SLU as an NCAA lock.

With an RPI of 30, and 2nd Place in the 7th highest ranked league, SLU should be in.

But Andy Katz of ESPN talked to an NCAA Committee member, and the Committee is reportedly going to take a close look at regular season conference champs who don't win their conference tournaments. Katz specifically mentioned Drexel (RPI 68). And I've heard mention elsewhere of Iona (RPI 43).

Let's not take any chances. Let's win in the quarterfinal on Friday. If nothing else, consider it as insurance.

I think being on the 8/9 game right now is a great spot. If we win out, we bump into a 6 or 7 seed. If we lose a game after the first, we maybe fall to a 10 or 11. Either way hopefully we avoid the 8/9 game, or at the very least we get the weakest of the #1 seeds in the pod.

I think being on the 8/9 game right now is a great spot. If we win out, we bump into a 6 or 7 seed. If we lose a game after the first, we maybe fall to a 10 or 11. Either way hopefully we avoid the 8/9 game, or at the very least we get the weakest of the #1 seeds in the pod.

I think this team is really a top 16 quality team and it would be ashame if we got stuck with Kentucky, Cuse, or Carolina in the second round.

This is a very interesting article from Deadspin. Not sure if this was posted earlier but I guess after the selection sunday event, on TruTv there will be a show outlining the selection process. Very interesting...

http://deadspin.com/...ckets-are-built

This is a really good read. I will definitely be tuning into truTV after the selection show to see what they have to say.