start now, wait until next week (short) or after it happens...

Cowboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully the ceremony would be held before tipoff to insure two great true student athletes get the love they deserve from the full house.

that said, i am sure it will be a half an hour after the game in front of 800 fans still sitting in their seats and 3,000 scurrying for the exits to enable themselves to beat the traffic. the other 6600 will already be on highway 40.

-to complain about various aspects of Senior Night?

-i am concerned with x being a tuesday game we may not have enough time to 'groundhog day' this, albeit from two years ago

Cowboy,

What would you like to see?

What would make it sufficient "Senior Night" in your opinion?

Just curious. Thank you.

Cowboy,

Just curious. Thank you.

I'm not Cowboy, but I'll chime in. Just have the ceremony before the game starts rather than after when 2/3 have left the building.

Absolutely should be before the game.

This is one thing we can definitely agree on. :) Especially with the 8 PM start on a Tuesday, this should be done prior to the game. I truly fear that if it is done afterwards, there will be less than 1000 people that stick around for the ceremony, even with a SLU victory.

Have they really not announced Senior Night plans yet?

EDIT: They have: http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=205387495

"Saint Louis seniors Kyle Cassity and Brian Conklin will be recognized in a post-game ceremony as part of Senior Night festivities."

I really do not understand the post-game aspect of this. Every other school does it pre-game.

Especially with this game being a late start. No way it should be after the game. Dammit. Why does SLU have to be so minor league with this kinda stuff?

Cowboy,

Just curious. Thank you.

-i am fine with the recognition being post game, even an 8pm tip, jeez what is 10-15 more minutes for the seniors?

-not every school does it pregame, most do, but not every

-people arrive late every game, people leave early every game, i hope the players understand it is not an insult to them that people are not there for their recognition, or at least i hope it is not an insult

-my point with the thread was to get the complaints about the anticipated post game ceremony out of the way as i did not know when i started the thread that it would be post game but i figured it would be (i also figured we would beat rhodey)

-whatever it is needs to start as soon as possible after the final horn, in some order intro of parents or family, realizing you cannot script Rick, so he will do his thing, i would say any video tribute should include some classic calls by Rammer and Earl for each player, comments from other players/coaches/profs about the player and be long enough for the appropriate honor and short enough so interest is maintained, what that balance is i am not sure

-can the cars they are given be driven onto the court or would that be bad for the floor? :lol:

Before the game is the best for this.

1. Likely to have more people present, even if there are a bunch of late folks.

2. It can be used to pump up the crowd even more (e.g. have the kids say a word or two, have bonecrusher eat a glass bottle, whatever)

3. Lack of crowd aside, if this done in the future and occurs after a loss (not going to happen this year), it's doubling down on a bad situation.

Rick is wrong about this one, it should be done before the game.

That being said, it's not that hard for grandma and grandpa to stay an extra 10 minutes after the game to recognize these players.

I think the bigger problem is for the people that bring kids to the game.

What if Conklin and Cassity are both injured during the game?

What if X just blows us out of the water and people start heading towards the exits after the under 8 media timeout?

What if Chris May has the fish at Lorenzini's and gets deathly ill!?

Surely, you can't be serious...

Posted Image

Again, this just goes to show you how inept our Athletic "Marketing" Dept. is.

What if Conklin and Cassity are both injured during the game?

What if X just blows us out of the water and people start heading towards the exits after the under 8 media timeout?

What if Chris May has the fish at Lorenzini's and gets deathly ill!?

Surely, you can't be serious...

Posted Image

Again, this just goes to show you how inept our Athletic "Marketing" Dept. is.

So you are suggesting we begin before the game, when everyone will be in the pavilion at the pep rally?

So you are suggesting we begin before the game, when everyone will be in the pavilion at the pep rally?

SLU is where pep rallies go to die. No offense kid, but let's do it before the game about 15 minutes to tip-off.