Tickets tomorrow

BilliKat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's always a concern when we play the Vests, although their numbers have been far fewer since we moved to Chaifetz. And even if they show up in droves, the best way to shut those clowns is for the Bills to outplay the Flyers. Or, our fans could always just fight their fans.

Anyone know the story behind that?

Good comeback

Dude, he was just stating his opinion. We've had like 1 or 2 sellouts in 4 years...not sure why everyone is acting like Alumni is insane for saying that it wouldn't be a sellout. Your tone on your post was a little much and I don't blame him for getting a little irritated. I think Alumni is right...you wouldn't take that tone if you saw him face to face. So stop with the internet tough guy BS. Go Bills.

Here is a fact dumbass - the game Wednesday was poorly attended. Excuse me for pointing out a ###### fact jackass. I hope tomorrow is sold out. That would be great, but based on BOTH student AND regular fan attendance Wednesday, I was not optimistic about tomorrow. Good to hear that people are stepping up.

BTW ###### you for telling me I am posting BS when I am simply stating an opinion based on the FACTS of the previous game's attendance.

Alumnifan doesn't post BS. He shares the same thoughts as others who were letdown by the poor turnout Wednesday, a fraternity event shouldn't matter.

That said, I'm pumped for the game and 10,200 fans today!! Drinking starts in 1 hour!

Alumnifan doesn't post BS. He shares the same thoughts as others who were letdown by the poor turnout Wednesday, a fraternity event shouldn't matter.

That said, I'm pumped for the game and 10,200 fans today!! Drinking starts in 1 hour!

It was a letdown ideed. I was pissed just like the rest of you but there is no reason to believe a Wednesday night game against bonawelding is any indication of poor attendance for a saturday Dayton game.

It was a letdown ideed. I was pissed just like the rest of you but there is no reason to believe a Wednesday night game against bonawelding is any indication of poor attendance for a saturday Dayton game.

He never said poor attendance..he just thought it wouldn't be a sellout. Anyways, who gives a ######. 05, you better lose your damn voice today or I will be pissed.

A weeknight game vs St Bonaventure is naturally going to be one of the weaker A10 draws. The buzzkill following the UMass loss didn't help.

Saturday games typically draw better than Weeknight games. We had 9,021 for GW on a Saturday, and only 8,760 for Temple (a marquee opponent) on the following Wednesday night. 8,656 showed up for Duquesne on a Saturday - surely more than that will be there for Dayton.

Dayton has always been one of the better draws for a myriad of factors (traveling UD fans, STL based UD alumni, casual SLU fans perceive it as a game worth attending).

We've had like 1 or 2 sellouts in 4 years...

We've had 1. 10,603 attended the Dayton game in February 2009 (it was a Saturday night game). 9,453 were on hand for the double OT win over Dayton in 2010 (that was a 3pm Saturday start).

A weeknight game vs St Bonaventure is naturally going to be one of the weaker A10 draws. The buzzkill following the UMass loss didn't help.

Saturday games typically draw better than Weeknight games. We had 9,021 for GW on a Saturday, and only 8,760 for Temple (a marquee opponent) on the following Wednesday night. 8,656 showed up for Duquesne on a Saturday - surely more than that will be there for Dayton.

Dayton has always been one of the better draws for a myriad of factors (traveling UD fans, STL based UD alumni, casual SLU fans perceive it as a game worth attending).

We've had 1. 10,603 attended the Dayton game in February 2009 (it was a Saturday night game). 9,453 were on hand for the double OT win over Dayton in 2010 (that was a 3pm Saturday start).

the double ot win in 2010 was my now two year old son's first sporting event. it was a great game. He will be in attendance today and has never seen a Billiken loss.

the double ot win in 2010 was my now two year old son's first sporting event. it was a great game. He will be in attendance today and has never seen a Billiken loss.

Nice...bring the good karma! I am on baby duty and biting the bullet today in hopes of getting in good enough at home where I can make my trip to March madness. I better hear you damn fools on TV. Make some noise today.

Go BIlls!

Dude, he was just stating his opinion. We've had like 1 or 2 sellouts in 4 years...not sure why everyone is acting like Alumni is insane for saying that it wouldn't be a sellout. Your tone on your post was a little much and I don't blame him for getting a little irritated. I think Alumni is right...you wouldn't take that tone if you saw him face to face. So stop with the internet tough guy BS. Go Bills.

You stated exactly what I did; you just reversed the order. I'm not mad, I just am disappointed that people on this board, through the facade of Internet anonymity, write things they would never say to your face. I tend to react to people who do that with similar responses and it's funny how they tend not to like that. The sad thing is, most of us are all fans of the same team and alumni of the same school, but that doesn't seem to mean anything to certain people. Oh well, I guess I just have a different perspective than some.

BTW - I never said anything about having inside info.

My apologies if people were offended/upset with my comments (alumnifan and davola). Didn't mean to pick a fight - guess I was just super amped up about this game having direct knowledge from one of the assistant athletic directors that it would either be close to sellout or a sellout. With all the negativity this board has at times and then reading alumnifans conjecture that it wouldn't be close to a sellout set me off.

And in response to hiding behind the internet's anonymity and not being able to say this to his face, I for one don't hide behind anything. I would have said this to anyone face to face.

Anyways, hope this issue is cleared up and we can go back to blaming refs, complaining about our poor FT shooting, and about how Kyle Cassity is gonna be a Great NBA player. Haha. Glad we got the W last night. Great crowd, great student section. Go Bills!

My apologies if people were offended/upset with my comments (alumnifan and davola). Didn't mean to pick a fight - guess I was just super amped up about this game having direct knowledge from one of the assistant athletic directors that it would either be close to sellout or a sellout. With all the negativity this board has at times and then reading alumnifans conjecture that it wouldn't be close to a sellout set me off.

And in response to hiding behind the internet's anonymity and not being able to say this to his face, I for one don't hide behind anything. I would have said this to anyone face to face.

Anyways, hope this issue is cleared up and we can go back to blaming refs, complaining about our poor FT shooting, and about how Kyle Cassity is gonna be a Great NBA player. Haha. Glad we got the W last night. Great crowd, great student section. Go Bills!

All's well that ends well. Great crowd (just wish they would have been more vocal - I get tired of getting dirty looks for screaming at the refs, the opposing coaches/players, and once in awhile at Cassity for not shooting the xxxxxx ball)! Students were awesome - felt like a big time college atmosphere. I was just disappointed that we had such a poor showing on Wednesday night and was worried that would carry over to Saturday - VERY glad I was wrong! Now to take down the Hawks and that stupid flapping mascot...

All's well that ends well. Great crowd (just wish they would have been more vocal - I get tired of getting dirty looks for screaming at the refs, the opposing coaches/players, and once in awhile at Cassity for not shooting the xxxxxx ball)! Students were awesome - felt like a big time college atmosphere. I was just disappointed that we had such a poor showing on Wednesday night and was worried that would carry over to Saturday - VERY glad I was wrong! Now to take down the Hawks and that stupid flapping mascot...

Funny you mention getting dirty looks for screaming at the refs, opposing players/coaches, KC, etc. HusakAttack told me the other day that the person sitting behind him (husakattack has season tix) tapped him on the shoulder/back and asked him to sit down during the Player Introductions! Not even during the game! I couldn't stop laughing when he told me.

In this context I have to compliment the surrounding fans in my new home, Section 106. I'm one of the younger people in the section by a significant amount (and I ain't no spring chicken), and not only do my new neighbors applaud my juvenile antics, but they, too, know that you're supposed to stand up at the end of a close game. In fact, we've even had to be the second or third row to stand when the altercocken in front of us have gotten up during key sequences.

The athletic department could play a subtle role in achieving a real, live collegiate atmosphere if they instructed the ushers to gently inform any creaky-kneed fan that complains that it's part of a college basketball game to stand up from time to time, even while the game is still going on.

No worries man. I think every poster on here has said things they have looked back on and regretted. Me included. Huge win last night. Gotta dominate on the road now!