Student Tickets for Dayton

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then SCHEDULE THE FREAKIN' RUSH EVENTS ***AT*** THE GAME!!!

Last night's student attendance was SHAMEFUL. Best season in years, playing the first-place team, incredibly exciting league race -- and we can't even get 700 students, or whatever number it takes to fill the student section.

But what really pi$$ed me off was the so-called scholar "athletes." KILL THAT PRESENTATION FOR ALL FUTURE SEASONS. Unless they were magically awarded their own luxury boxes and I couldn't see them, those jerks filled up the student section toward the end of the half, then got their little recognition -- and then LEFT. Left a game of their own fellow athletes, not to mention the team that PAYS FOR THEIR FREAKIN' NON-REVENUE SPORTS. If they don't care to support the basketball team, let them hold their ceremony in the damned underground lecture halls.

Although I know some people on the board don't always get along with him, bless 05 and the solid group of students who have shown up game in and game out. The way ticket sales patterns have been going, we ought to go back to the 1960s-70s model and give the students about six rows of seats in the first rows of one section of the bottom bowl, then sell the student section as general admission.

-thank you bonwich!!!!!

Then SCHEDULE THE FREAKIN' RUSH EVENTS ***AT*** THE GAME!!!

Last night's student attendance was SHAMEFUL. Best season in years, playing the first-place team, incredibly exciting league race -- and we can't even get 700 students, or whatever number it takes to fill the student section.

But what really pi$$ed me off was the so-called scholar "athletes." KILL THAT PRESENTATION FOR ALL FUTURE SEASONS. Unless they were magically awarded their own luxury boxes and I couldn't see them, those jerks filled up the student section toward the end of the half, then got their little recognition -- and then LEFT. Left a game of their own fellow athletes, not to mention the team that PAYS FOR THEIR FREAKIN' NON-REVENUE SPORTS. If they don't care to support the basketball team, let them hold their ceremony in the damned underground lecture halls.

APO had a rush event at the game last night, but I'm in the band so I didn't see if we actually drew people. And we don't really count as a fraternity anyways.

I'm Pre-Med, so those lecture halls are my life

I'm pretty sure I drew a rather accurate portrait of her and Jordan Crawford. Good times were had by all (except DPS)

One of the best moments of my life. Whiteboards being confiscated. DPS power trips. Eckelkamp being detained underneath Chaifetz. Threats of pressing charges for his depiction. It was everything you could ask from a SLU fan. Give this man a medal.

One of the best moments of my life. Whiteboards being confiscated. DPS power trips. Eckelkamp being detained underneath Chaifetz. Threats of pressing charges for his depiction. It was everything you could ask from a SLU fan. Give this man a medal.

And you told me your forgot your password...

I'll need more details on this story...

APO had a rush event at the game last night, but I'm in the band so I didn't see if we actually drew people. And we don't really count as a fraternity anyways.

I'm Pre-Med, so those lecture halls are my life

-i guess you win the award for longest commute to school and games, wow

i hope everyone can wear blue.

i think the athletic department is hoping to give away 10,000 white shirts for the white out. we would have them out on the seats when you get there. unfortunately, some billiken fans won't get the message that you're supposed to put that shirt on.

can we possibly not let that girl who is a xavier fan sit in the student section this year?

Foos

If it's the portrait I'm thinking of, it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a game.

Box, that is the portrait.

Bishop - Nice summary. Pretty sure at one point they "radio-ed a car to take me downtown." I thought I was going to be applauded for my artistic efforts. The 5 DPS officers thought otherwise.

But I must say - I have learned from my younger dumber days. I've been on the straight and narrow ever since. Which is why the current student section better step it up on Saturday. Drastic times calls for drastic measures.

Ticket update.

I went to pick up some ticketes for a few family members from out of town yesterday.

There was a line about 25 students deep when I got there. As people were leaving more were coming in. Line of about 25 when i left too.

The lady in front of me was having a hard time finding seats together. And I was not able to get 4 in a row.

Looks like if its not going to be a sell out its going to be damn close.

Certainly hope it's a sell out with SLU fans. Even though we have season tickets we were surrounded by Dayton and X fans when they came here the last two years.

Is that because those around you give the tix to friends? When we were at Scott Trade I would have people ask me for my tix if I could not go to the game and sometimes I would give them but at the Fetz no way - the place is too small for those people to get swallowed up in - they stick out like a sore thumb.

Is that because those around you give the tix to friends? When we were at Scott Trade I would have people ask me for my tix if I could not go to the game and sometimes I would give them but at the Fetz no way - the place is too small for those people to get swallowed up in - they stick out like a sore thumb.

Naw, it's because many of us in the po-folks' season seats are in sections that are at best 1/2 sold as season tix. (At least I used to be.)

Question: Can students get their game tix in advance? I went on both the SLU site and the SLUbillikens site and could find nothing other than the "how to gain event points" page, with no real info on the actual logistics for getting those tickets, especially in advance of game day.

Naw, it's because many of us in the po-folks' season seats are in sections that are at best 1/2 sold as season tix. (At least I used to be.)

Question: Can students get their game tix in advance? I went on both the SLU site and the SLUbillikens site and could find nothing other than the "how to gain event points" page, with no real info on the actual logistics for getting those tickets, especially in advance of game day.

I was there yesterday and Students were getting tickets.

All they needed was a school ID.

It seemed some people had a couple of their friends ID's and were able to pick them up for their buddies.

I have been following these boards for the past three years, but only now seeing a comment like this has lead me into making an account. I consider myself a huge SLU ATHLETICS fan. I go to all the basketball games and attend and follow several other SLU sports. Your just "PI$$ED" that you have to watch d-1 athletics from the stands. You have probably attempted, poorly, to play sports your whole life and couldn't reach that next level when you got to college. Instead you sit on these message boards and act like your part of the team, or that anyone is remotely interested in what you have to say.

The non-basketball student-athletes know they don't bring in as much revenue as MBB, they know their place, learn yours.

GO BILLS

Red Herring, Ad Hominem whatever it is you made approximately 0 valid points in this post.

I have been following these boards for the past three years, but only now seeing a comment like this has lead me into making an account. I consider myself a huge SLU ATHLETICS fan. I go to all the basketball games and attend and follow several other SLU sports. Your just "PI$$ED" that you have to watch d-1 athletics from the stands. You have probably attempted, poorly, to play sports your whole life and couldn't reach that next level when you got to college. Instead you sit on these message boards and act like your part of the team, or that anyone is remotely interested in what you have to say.

The non-basketball student-athletes know they don't bring in as much revenue as MBB, they know their place, learn yours.

GO BILLS

It is a shame that SLU has athletes with this kind of attitude. Us message board bums are the ones who support whatever program you play for. Bonwich, Roy, and the rest of these old boys have at this point given the value of your scholarship to SLU. Hell, a lot of the younger guys just got done playing one sport or another at the U. For you to come on and insult them is an insult to the rest of us, student and alums alike. The 'better to remain quiet and thought a fool rather than open your mouth and prove it' seems to come into play here.

The facts are that the basketball program pays the freight for a lot of the things you use, i.e. the huge new arena and offices. What Bonwich said is exactly true. This traditional of non-rev athletes coming to this one game and leaving halfway through started a long time ago. It is shameful. The University is nice enough to reserve a halftime for you, and most are not even courteous enough to stay for the whole game to support the most public sports team of the whole department.