Keep it real. I will too...

sluball200

Some people come on here and cry every time we lose about this and that. We have parents of players, parents of future players, other athletes, alum, teachers, business owners that read this and when you call kids out like that it isn't a good look on the program or the school on a whole! Keep it real if you are gonna down our players and coaching staff. Be true to yourself. Many of you have your "favorites". And put the blame everywhere else. If you are going to complain then look at the whole team. We have problems on this team, what team doesn't (ex. UNC)? All these things can and will be fixed. We have one of the all time greats on our sideline and I am sure he is going to get this team rolling for Saturday and not dwell on this game. Some of you just don't understand because you have never played at this high of a level of competition. When we win it, the negatives ones will be the first to jump on the bandwagon. A-10 Champs in 2012.

I wouldn't worry too much. Most people realize that message boards are loaded with crazy people subject to Tourette's after loses. That said... &*%*^$*&(*#(&$*&(*#$(.

TRUE.(*&^%$#$%^&*()*&^%

I like how you just threw a-10 champs in the end of your post haha. I hope I hope, X will be tough this year

Some people come on here and cry every time we lose about this and that. We have parents of players, parents of future players, other athletes, alum, teachers, business owners that read this and when you call kids out like that it isn't a good look on the program or the school on a whole! Keep it real if you are gonna down our players and coaching staff. Be true to yourself. Many of you have your "favorites". And put the blame everywhere else. If you are going to complain then look at the whole team. We have problems on this team, what team doesn't (ex. UNC)? All these things can and will be fixed. We have one of the all time greats on our sideline and I am sure he is going to get this team rolling for Saturday and not dwell on this game. Some of you just don't understand because you have never played at this high of a level of competition. When we win it, the negatives ones will be the first to jump on the bandwagon. A-10 Champs in 2012.

BINGO. Time to stop crying like a bunch of whiny b!tches and get over this. The team lost as a team, they failed to run the offense and failed to get defensive stops. LMU made great shots and beat us. The sky is not falling. I realize we've been punched in the balls many years but if we want to be respected as a top 40 and hopefully a top 25 team then we need to take our losses like we've been there before.

We don't know how to act like we've been there before when we've never been there before.

The last time we were ranked, was 1993. I believe that was the only SLU team ranked in my 35+ years. Which means today's 18-year-old college freshman was one year old and likely in diapers. The last time we started undefeated for any stretch of games was 1997; at that point this same freshman was a learned 4-year-old. A senior would have been 8, putting his Lionel "H"-scale train set under the tree right about now (wait for it).

Today's players have to have thick skins and ignore 99% of what they hear or read. Idiots will continue to be idiots.

I don't know who he's referring to in the original post, but for the most part our posters know we're dealing w/ the egos of young men, and their parents. We are a pretty kind and tolerant bunch for the most part. One loss is not going to make or break this season. It's a marathon and you're going to suffer a few cramps along the way. This was one of them. Let's not forget we just won a major holiday tourney in pretty impressive fashion and earned a national ranking in the process. We'll get back there after a stretch of good home cooking and sleeping in their own beds. So stash the worry beads and rosarys and enjoy the rest of the ride. And more than anything last night, we were done in by LMU players throwing down some real prayer shots.

We don't know how to act like we've been there before when we've never been there before.

The last time we were ranked, was 1993. I believe that was the only SLU team ranked in my 35+ years. Which means today's 18-year-old college freshman was one year old and likely in diapers. The last time we started undefeated for any stretch of games was 1997; at that point this same freshman was a learned 4-year-old. A senior would have been 8, putting his Lionel "H"-scale train set under the tree right about now (wait for it).

Today's players have to have thick skins and ignore 99% of what they hear or read. Idiots will continue to be idiots.

I was shitting in toilets when I was 1. Diapers are for *******

What a unique perspective keep it real but don't let your favorites influence you.

I hope the SLU people stay classy.

Seriously, SLUBALL200 if this board bothers you then you need to cancel you AOL subscription right now. This place is tame and the nature of message boards over-reactions both good and bad won't change. That's just the way it is somethings will never change.

HOW WAS THIS GUY ABLE TO POST 'SHITTING'!?!?

oh. right on. shitting, putting that one back in the arsenal.

If I recall correctly, the censor filter which Steve had me configure some years ago, defaulted to censor a lot of word, including Mr. Vitale's first name, and it had to match the exact form of the word listed in the filter. That means if the word has -s, -ed, or -ing, for example on it in the post, then the filter would block it only if that form of the word was on the list.

When I was editing the list, I was intentionally less strict than I would have been had it been my website, which is religiously-based. I won't use the s-word, but I didn't see why I should block it when the owner of the site has been known to use it himself. But perhaps I did leave the basic form of the word on the list, so you'll have to continue to substitute the s with $ or the i with !

(P.S., personally I think it's in poor taste to replace the "c" in the f-word with an "o," but, again, this isn't my site, and while I may have some latitude I want to stay within the lenience Steve demonstrates.)

If I recall correctly, the censor filter which Steve had me configure some years ago, defaulted to censor a lot of word, including Mr. Vitale's first name, and it had to match the exact form of the word listed in the filter. That means if the word has -s, -ed, or -ing, for example on it in the post, then the filter would block it only if that form of the word was on the list.

When I was editing the list, I was intentionally less strict than I would have been had it been my website, which is religiously-based. I won't use the s-word, but I didn't see why I should block it when the owner of the site has been known to use it himself. But perhaps I did leave the basic form of the word on the list, so you'll have to continue to substitute the s with $ or the i with !

(P.S., personally I think it's in poor taste to replace the "c" in the f-word with an "o," but, again, this isn't my site, and while I may have some latitude I want to stay within the lenience Steve demonstrates.)

respect.

Posted Image

Great insight, thanks

What a unique perspective keep it real but don't let your favorites influence you.

I hope the SLU people stay classy.

Seriously, SLUBALL200 if this board bothers you then you need to cancel you AOL subscription right now. This place is tame and the nature of message boards over-reactions both good and bad won't change. That's just the way it is somethings will never change.