Recruits at the game

NH

But he is the same kid who played for a Memphis team for a couple years, right?

That kid has a chance to be a hell of a player.

Yes. I would not be op posed to hiring a datum or frazier as ac once crews leaves

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tatum was sitting in roughly the same spot where I've seen him before at other games.

DirtyRican got his picture taken with Tatum after the Duquesne game last year. I think he got it framed.

He said he really liked my tenacity. The picture is above my son's crib.

given where he was seated, i don't think his relationship with the school is as strong as his relationship with his former coach. understandable given that tatum didn't even finish as slu. where is the kid going to high school? and if he's 6'3 already, with a 6'7 day, i would think he still has a lot to grow

given where he was seated, i don't think his relationship with the school is as strong as his relationship with his former coach. understandable given that tatum didn't even finish as slu. where is the kid going to high school? and if he's 6'3 already, with a 6'7 day, i would think he still has a lot to grow

Tatum and Romar didn't like each other when he was at SLU. Of course that can change with time. As a coach, Tatum may now have a different perspective.

Can someone explain what year these recruits are, when they would be coming in and what not? I was under the impression we will be losing 2 and gaining 2 for next year. Is someone else leaving or are these guys for 2013?

Also, if Fotu signs, I'm proposing a mandatory rat tail shaving upon arrival in the USA.

C.J. Rivers, Darius Austin, Jordan Martin, and Keenan Minor were a few of the recruits at the win over UW.

At least Austin and Martin have offers.

Austin tweeted that the game was live. A translation for the less hip on the board might be pleasant, exciting or otherwise enjoyable.

-thanks for the translation

-At least Austin and Martin have offers.-- what does this mean?

Can someone explain what year these recruits are, when they would be coming in and what not? I was under the impression we will be losing 2 and gaining 2 for next year. Is someone else leaving or are these guys for 2013?

Also, if Fotu signs, I'm proposing a mandatory rat tail shaving upon arrival in the USA.

The guys that NH listed in his first post are all in the classes of 2013 and 2014.

I saw him out with Rob after the game and I don't think he had that going on anymore.

Maybe I am in the minority on this but, frankly, I really don't care about the local class of 2013 and 2014. Do I hope they continue to develop? Sure. Am I pleased that they apparently have some interest in the Bills? Sure. Do I hope they want to come to SLU? Sure. Do I expect RM to recruit them? Sure. At the same time, I really only care about getting the best D1 basketball players and having RM coach them. If they come from St. Louis, so be it. If they don't, so what.

I've said it before and will say it again. The best of the locals will be the last to jump on RM's bandwagon. In the meantime, the players from Oregon, Wisconsin, Australia, New Zealand, Chicago, etc. are doing just fine. We now have Glaze from up North, Manning from VA, and ET from Greece. We are now getting another from Chicago and a guy from Indianapolis.

Unless I am misreading this thread, it appears that a new goal has attempted to be set: SLU needs to land the local 2013 and 2014 classes. If that is the purpose of this thread, then I say that goal is off-base.

If we can start signing some of the better local recruits and win, then maybe the five star recruits will want to sign. It is always good to get the best local recruits to stay home if they can help the program. It also helps to draw more fans when the recruits are local and good. If we can sign a local recruit who is as good as one from out of state, why not sign him? We have done well getting recruits from other places and we need to do just as well with the local recruits if they are PLAYERS.

I could definitely be wrong, but my understanding is that Fontu, the young man from New Zealand, would be signing in the spring for next year's class. Yes, we only have 2 openings, and have already inked 2 in the early signing period. Draw your own conclusions about who would be leaving to create the additional scholarship opportunity.

Maybe I am in the minority on this but, frankly, I really don't care about the local class of 2013 and 2014. Do I hope they continue to develop? Sure. Am I pleased that they apparently have some interest in the Bills? Sure. Do I hope they want to come to SLU? Sure. Do I expect RM to recruit them? Sure. At the same time, I really only care about getting the best D1 basketball players and having RM coach them. If they come from St. Louis, so be it. If they don't, so what.

I've said it before and will say it again. The best of the locals will be the last to jump on RM's bandwagon. In the meantime, the players from Oregon, Wisconsin, Australia, New Zealand, Chicago, etc. are doing just fine. We now have Glaze from up North, Manning from VA, and ET from Greece. We are now getting another from Chicago and a guy from Indianapolis.

Unless I am misreading this thread, it appears that a new goal has attempted to be set: SLU needs to land the local 2013 and 2014 classes. If that is the purpose of this thread, then I say that goal is off-base.

I'd say that recruiting nationally to a school like SLU, is an inefficient method. What non-bcs program thrives off of recruiting not from its region. Recruits in Indianapolis, in Chicago and most importantly in St. Louis are, I believe, the key to success.

I'd say that recruiting nationally to a school like SLU, is an inefficient method. What non-bcs program thrives off of recruiting not from its region. Recruits in Indianapolis, in Chicago and most importantly in St. Louis are, I believe, the key to success.

No Hope, you been working out with backhand? I thought you two didn't get along.

-i think the difference between SLU and the other non-bcs schools is a fellow named Rick Majerus and his recruiting background and connections

Doowop. If we sign the best local players, the 5 star recruits will start to come? Really? I'm one of the most excited about RM and SLU but even I don't think RM/SLU will start getting 5 star recruits. Maybe we get a local 5 star recruit under the right circumstances but even with RM, we are still not on TV and we still play in the A10. Diamond in the rough 3 star recruits who stay 4 years and who are coached up by RM will make us successful. Throw in the some quality international kids. That has been RM's way for years.

Local kids will fill Chaifetz? Really? I'd say a few more wins like yesterday and we are looking at sellouts even against our buy games. 10,600 is just not that many seats to sell for a quality team. We don't need some local kid's parents, uncles, cousins, high school school coaches and friends to sell out Chaifetz. Wining games, making the Tourney and being relevant in D1 basketball will produce sellouts. Under Spoonhour, we had 12,400 season ticket holders!!

I could definitely be wrong, but my understanding is that Fontu, the young man from New Zealand, would be signing in the spring for next year's class. Yes, we only have 2 openings, and have already inked 2 in the early signing period. Draw your own conclusions about who would be leaving to create the additional scholarship opportunity.

Who would leave? I would say that Eli Manning guy from VA.

Ike was at fieldhouse after the game with Loe and Harriman without a rat tail. He did say he enjoyed the game and they got a round of applause when they walked in which was pretty cool.

Also the waitress Katie from Fieldhouse is blesed with great features. A brickhouse

It's the chicken or the egg argument. Get local talent to become relevant or become relevant and then attract local talent.

It is my opinion that given the depths our program had fallen into the priority should be to make the program relevant in any way possible. Local kids don't want to stay home and play for a losing team so if it takes looking abroad and across the nation to get the right kids to help turn the program around then that is what they should do. Sure, you can sell a few special kids on staying home to be part of the rebuilding (Lisch, Liddell as examples) but If we make the tournament this year and next I think it's safe to say that the top local talent would be a lot more interested in SLU.

It's the chicken or the egg argument. Get local talent to become relevant or become relevant and then attract local talent.

It is my opinion that given the depths our program had fallen into the priority should be to make the program relevant in any way possible. Local kids don't want to stay home and play for a losing team so if it takes looking abroad and across the nation to get the right kids to help turn the program around then that is what they should do. Sure, you can sell a few special kids on staying home to be part of the rebuilding (Lisch, Liddell as examples) but If we make the tournament this year and next I think it's safe to say that the top local talent would be a lot more interested in SLU.

-kappy, great avatar!!!