Are we allowed to get excited yet?

bills10

After the first two games, I was still tempering my expectations, considering the opponents. However, this seemed to be a very talented UW team, and we were able to both force them to slow down, as well as getting our own offense on overdrive, especially in the first half. With three games down, and us handling the teams somewhat easily, my own expectations are soaring. I'm very excited to see where this team can bring us as this season chugs along!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt one of the biggest wins of the RM era. Thanks to Uverse, I got to watch on CBS sports. This is a fun team to watch as they look very disciplined and very much in synch no matter who's on the floor. They took UW right out of their game plan which was to run, run, and run some more. UW had the better athletes. SLU had the better basketball players. Kind of like watching a good international team beat an NBA all star team. The only problem area I saw was on the boards. We'll have a tough time keeping up with long quick athletic bigs for rebounds. I think it's great to start getting excited, but am sure we'll hit a few road bumps. If we can go out to CA next week and come away w/ 3 W's then our fate will be determined how we finish in the A-10. 3rd place and a couple of tourney wins ought to do it for us. Again, a really well played game today by the Billikens against a team that will likely make the dance.

I think it is safe to get excited. I really like the way this team plays and hope this is a big enough win to start getting some buzz around town. It would also be nice if one of the local TV stations realizes they have a great opportunity to pick up the currently not televised games. If the Bills keep winning I think plenty of people will tune in to watch.

Next up Boston College on ESPNU

No doubt one of the biggest wins of the RM era. Thanks to Uverse, I got to watch on CBS sports. This is a fun team to watch as they look very disciplined and very much in synch no matter who's on the floor. They took UW right out of their game plan which was to run, run, and run some more. UW had the better athletes. SLU had the better basketball players. Kind of like watching a good international team beat an NBA all star team. The only problem area I saw was on the boards. We'll have a tough time keeping up with long quick athletic bigs for rebounds. I think it's great to start getting excited, but am sure we'll hit a few road bumps. If we can go out to CA next week and come away w/ 3 W's then our fate will be determined how we finish in the A-10. 3rd place and a couple of tourney wins ought to do it for us. Again, a really well played game today by the Billikens against a team that will likely make the dance.

But we lost to Carlton. I wonder if UDub could beat them. All joking aside. Next week is huge. Gotta take 2 of 3 if not all 3

The 1st half was an absolute clinic and one of the best half's of basketball I have seen a Billiken team play in a long time on both ends of the floor. I agree that we should wait a bit before celebrating too much, but if they continue this play then I can see us Dancing this year.

I'm going to make all effort to get down there to Anaheim and/or LMU in LA.

I'm hoping to see SLU v. Villanova in Round 2 of the 76 Classic. But BC is next on the docket, and SLU can't look past BC.

Rick, KM, and Conk won't let the team look past BC

My apologizes to Mr. Conklin for suggesting UW would be a tough matchup for him. He manned up and proved he could score in the paint against bigger, talented opposition. However, I did describe him in the thread started by the UW visitor as a player who sets "bone crushing screens". I'm gonna call Conk "bonecrusher" from here on out. We should be favored against BC.

But we lost to Carlton. I wonder if UDub could beat them. All joking aside. Next week is huge. Gotta take 2 of 3 if not all 3

+1,000 I know some folks are excited, but personally, I will never EVER get over the Carleton games... and don't even get me started about the St. Ambrose game. ;)

Great game. I was trying to keep myself from getting too excited about this team. But kind of hard not to at this point. That first half was one of the best I've ever seen SLU play. Will say I was still a little concerned at half time. Our guys were celebrating like they had won the game. Glad to see they still came out and played pretty well in the 2nd half. Definitely interested to see how we fare next week....but based on games so far, we are going to be tough to beat at home. Let's take this show on the road.

I love having a bench that can score.

In previous years starters would come out for a quick blow and you just hoped that the lead didnt slip away.

This year when the bench players come in I feel like they can keep putting up points.

I have a feeling season tickets are going to become valuable this year. May be a bunch of conference games later in the year that walk up tics are not available.

I have a feeling season tickets are going to become valuable this year. May be a bunch of conference games later in the year that walk up tics are not available.

Certainly season tix right behind the Billiken basket have been illustrated to have great value thus far this year. B)

-i hope so, was a little disappointed in the crowd today, but keep this going and as someone once said "they will come"