VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!

AlumniFan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why baseball will always be the grandest game.

I still in shock about what happened to the Red Sox. Not taking anything away from the Rays but the Sox were picked preseason as run-away favorites in the AL East then for the AL penant. The fact that Carl Crawford knew it was the biggest collapse in history right after the game tell you something....mind f*cked.

Losing Youk and not having Varitek (the key to the Sox I believe) killed them in September....can't say I am too sad about it either.

Great job by the Redbirds! The Phillies will be tough in a 5 game series but this is the playoffs and every game will a grinder.

I kinda feel for the Braves, when you lose your 2 horses and that is one of your strengths it is tough.

Davola-go see your doctor, you might need to refill the prescription of bp meds.

That is why baseball will always be the grandest game.

I still in shock about what happened to the Red Sox. Not taking anything away from the Rays but the Sox were picked preseason as run-away favorites in the AL East then for the AL penant. The fact that Carl Crawford knew it was the biggest collapse in history right after the game tell you something....mind f*cked.

Losing Youk and not having Varitek (the key to the Sox I believe) killed them in September....can't say I am too sad about it either.

Great job by the Redbirds! The Phillies will be tough in a 5 game series but this is the playoffs and every game will a grinder.

I kinda feel for the Braves, when you lose your 2 horses and that is one of your strengths it is tough. Davola-go see your doctor, you might need to refill the prescription of bp meds.

not only did the braves lose jurjens and hansen for the last month of the season and were forced to use minor leaguers down the stretch to replace their top two starters, the two fantastic rookie relievers who were both in the all star game, venters and kimbrel were just done. that was the fault of the manager that he overused the two of them like he did earlier in the year, but the pitching staff was pretty much shredded down the stretch.

kudos to the cardinals. in particular carpenter who the first half of the season looked like a shadow of the old chris carpenter. since the all star game, the old chris carpenter was emerging and down the stretch he was splendid.

motte emerging as he did was also key. what had been the achilles heel of the cardinals early on (closing the game) became a strength in September. add to that the old albert came out of hiding to carry the team as well.

i can wear red for the next few weeks and get with the program.

It was high drama out here on the Left Coast too, in TLR's adopted hometown.

In this, the Year of the Double Play, I was pleading that Atlanta would hit into one, and then it happened, and the Cardinals are the Wild Cards.

Bring on Philly. Cards are prohibitive underdogs, but the Cards as an underdog are a very dangerous team. And I think it is better to have to beat Philly 3 times in a 5 game series, as opposed to 4 times in a 7 game series.

If the Cards can beat Philly, I'm confident they would defeat either Milwaukee or Arizona and go to the World Series.

Bravo!

not only did the braves lose jurjens and hansen for the last month of the season and were forced to use minor leaguers down the stretch to replace their top two starters, the two fantastic rookie relievers who were both in the all star game, venters and kimbrel were just done. that was the fault of the manager that he overused the two of them like he did earlier in the year, but the pitching staff was pretty much shredded down the stretch.

kudos to the cardinals. in particular carpenter who the first half of the season looked like a shadow of the old chris carpenter. since the all star game, the old chris carpenter was emerging and down the stretch he was splendid.

motte emerging as he did was also key. what had been the achilles heel of the cardinals early on (closing the game) became a strength in September. add to that the old albert came out of hiding to carry the team as well.

i can wear red for the next few weeks and get with the program.

-not to be a buzz kill, but i am not sold on the bullpen as a whole, hopefully in the playoffs they can make me a buyer

-cards got in, they have a chance to advance, post season roster will be interesting

-not to be a buzz kill, but i am not sold on the bullpen as a whole, hopefully in the playoffs they can make me a buyer

-cards got in, they have a chance to advance, post season roster will be interesting

Re the post-season roster, I hope they keep Boggs and extract Westbrook. You don't need 5 starters in the playoffs, and Boggs is another power arm for the bullpen.

It was high drama out here on the Left Coast too, in TLR's adopted hometown.

In this, the Year of the Double Play, I was pleading that Atlanta would hit into one, and then it happened, and the Cardinals are the Wild Cards.

Bring on Philly. Cards are prohibitive underdogs, but the Cards as an underdog are a very dangerous team. And I think it is better to have to beat Philly 3 times in a 5 game series, as opposed to 4 times in a 7 game series.

If the Cards can beat Philly, I'm confident they would defeat either Milwaukee or Arizona and go to the World Series.

Bravo!

Are you in Walnut Creek?

I would love to see the Cards face Milwaukee again, provided that our pitchers can keep Morgan in his place.

Are you in Walnut Creek?

I would love to see the Cards face Milwaukee again, provided that our pitchers can keep Morgan in his place.

That's exactly why we should have brought up Cleto to be able to put him on the playoff roster. Start him in game 1 of a Brewer series, plop Morgan in the head and then move on to the real starter. In retaliation Milwaulkee will be required to hit Pujols in the butt as that's what's acceptable for retaliation. You throw at our heads and we'll hit you in the butt in return

Greatest night in baseball history. It felt like te NCAA tourney watching all the games come down to the wire.

What an unbelievable night. Baltimore, Tampa, and the Phillies all coming back late to change the course of the playoffs, not to mention Texas winning in the 9th to set the AL matchups. I was so hyped I couldn't sleep

Are you in Walnut Creek?

Alamo, which borders Walnut Creek to the South. I know TLR personally. My good friend used to be the head of his ARF Charity. In the off-season, we will see Tony from time to time at Safeway, restaurants, etc. He sometimes gives an annual talk to the Alamo Kiwanis before Spring Training starts, and it is fun to talk baseball with him.

I wish all of St. Louis knew what a great Manager they have had these last 16 years, 9 of them resulting in playoff appearances, unprecedented success for a very great historical franchise. This season it seemed more and more as if the infamous Faction had resurrected, after its vow to disband after the Cardinals won the World Series in 2006.

I don't always agree with TLR, but I have always supported him, and still do. I don't think that the Cardinals will ever get anyone better to manage the team. If he manages next season, he will have the 2nd most wins of any Manager in Major League history.

I'm not kidding about this- in the last decade, I personally lobbied TLR to not trade Edgar Renteria when trade rumors were swirling.

Yes, I'd like to see the Cards eliminate Milwaukee and T Plush too. My son and I were at the game in July when he got into it with the CF fans at AT&T Park.

Last night reminded me so much of the night bin Laden was killed -- the tweets were just non-stop, but it was personally gratifying to witness Seal Team Baltimore double tap Jonathan Papelbon and dump his carcass into Baltimore Harbor.

In the shadows of where Babe Ruth was born, the Curse strikes Boston again!

###### you, Dan Shaugnessy and Jerry Remy!

The Jimmy Fund can't cure a broken heart!

I donated money to the Jimmy Fund in 3rd grade at St. Mary's School in Shrewsbury, Mass., so I think I'm covered here. Not a shot at the J-Fund. Great people over there. Once again, work on picking up sarcasm, I'm laying it on pretty thick here.

I think Papelbon is actually a class act. He owned up to sucking complete ass and didn't blame it on anyone else, like the typical Red Sox fan or sympathizer would do.

Never tried out for SportsCenter, so your post is a little off there.

Last night reminded me so much of the night bin Laden was killed -- the tweets were just non-stop, but it was personally gratifying to witness Seal Team Baltimore double tap Jonathan Papelbon and dump his carcass into Baltimore Harbor.

In the shadows of where Babe Ruth was born, the Curse strikes Boston again!

###### you, Dan Shaugnessy and Jerry Remy!

The Jimmy Fund can't cure a broken heart!

-1 for comparing Jonathan Papelbon to Osama bin Laden.

-1 for once again posting in the style of 'Most Irritating SportsCenter Anchor Reject of All Time'.

-1 for once again reaching into the well of obscure sports name references.

-1 for a shot at a cancer research foundation.

=1 post a day limit! (Please...)

-1 for once again posting in the style of 'Most Irritating SportsCenter Anchor Reject of All Time'.

-did you ever think 5 was such a LARGE number???

LOL!!! Shoot, I forgot Frankie Frisch, the Fordham Flash. For completeness sake, I should cite the Fordham Flip (of the young Fordham soph SS) that was a nominee for an Espy. Sorry for these important and key omissions.

we're going to need this. pleasant surprise about halfway through.

+1 for this.

It is pretty class-less to compare military combat to the Boston Red Sox losing last night. Hopefully not all Yankee fans took as much pride in Boston losing as when our military took down Bin Laden, I imagine it is just you.

Stunned by your thought process (or lack thereof),

Patrick