1st Practice Starts

kshoe

-your question is related to you wanting to buy a piece of the floor or just see how the WPG is being used as you can't be advocating doing anything from the athletic dept over there, right?

WOW Cowboy, I just was asking if they (men's and ladies basketball & volleyball team) still use the West Pine gym for any practice? B)

Random, unfounded optimism:

Loe looked bigger and more fluid. Maybe we can see a bit of post game from him. Still wish he wouldve YAMMED that finish in the video but whatever.

Manning is big.

Kwamain's jumper has gone from janky to pretty.

So, who was running the full court drill in the video, Loe or Conklin? Manning looked big, but kind of slow. I loved the drill with Manning and CR at the end, it really summed up what our offense looks like down low on a bad day.

Random, unfounded optimism:

Loe looked bigger and more fluid. Maybe we can see a bit of post game from him. Still wish he wouldve YAMMED that finish in the video but whatever.

I can't wait to see what Loe can do his next 3 years. The kid is going to be a stud.

Is 33 the new walkon from Minn?

33 is John Manning. The Minn walk-on is Jimmy Remke and he is a 6'6" forward. I think that is why many were commenting that Manning doesn't look that thin as he is a legit 6'11" yet he wasn't super skinny, as many feared he would be. He slams the ball easily in the video and when he walks away, you can tell he is the same height as Loe and taller than Ellis and Conklin. Looking forward to the public practices!

33 is manning.. and for whoever said he was big.. when you see him in person, you may change your mind

The team looked decent for a 1st practice on August 1..

defensive drill that allowed players to get used to charge circle..2 on 1 drills got the guys going a little bit..

the pick and pop with kwamain and rob will be tough to defend IMO..

no majerus..whitesell is a perfect complement to RickMa's coaching style

Drink the koolaid.

WOW Cowboy, I just was asking if they (men's and ladies basketball & volleyball team) still use the West Pine gym for any practice? B)

-well, the reason to build Chaifetz and all it has, including the practice courts, sports medicine, video system, weight training, etc was to make WPG a fond memory of the glory days and forget the not so great later days

-it probably was a great bldg in its day, which was long ago

I can't wait to see what Loe can do his next 3 years. The kid is going to be a stud.

As I said last season, Loe has the highest upside of any Billiken in a very long time. Larry included. The kid has skills that just don't come around much in a player his height.

I believe there are now academic offices in the Baumman Eberhardt Center/West Pine Gym where the AD was once housed, but not sure if the gym part of the WPG is still in tact. After summer classes when I was an undergrad, a few of our normal pick-up b-ball games at SRC were held at the WPG and I always thought that we should have really well-conditioned teams there because you would just walk in there and sweat. Horrible air circulation and in the summertime it was hotter than Lucifer's nutsack.

The shiny new facilities are used to land the recruits as they will see those types of shiny new facilities elsewhere too on the recruiting trail.

But...once enrolled, it's very common for many coaches and programs to have their kids practice at older facilities part of the time for a more gritty experience and for other reasons too. It happens all the time for a wide variety of reasons.