SPRING VISITS

AGB91

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any information on recruiting visits this spring? With two scholarships open and possibly a third if CR doesn't return, this could be a key time for our program.

AGAIN!

Why would you assume CR wouldn't return. Did I miss something?

There are not many good recruits left this late in the recruiting season people should not get their hopes up too much. If we land one good player that will be good. My worry is that our main recruiter for the next two, extremely important classes is gone and we are going to get left in the dust.

That's just your opinion. If you listen to any of RM's statements he has been anything but positive about CR's performance.

He won't criticize someone in public if he wants them to leave. He'll just tell them face-to-face. We would already know if CR was being asked to transfer.

Oh my god, stop with the CR not returning bullsh!t. He will be back. Everyone who is leaving or transferring has already done so.

Perhaps. But it reminds me of the U.S. Patent office guy in 1899 that said that "everything that can be invented has been invented."

That's just your opinion. If you listen to any of RM's statements he has been anything but positive about CR's performance.

If CR transfers we'll have a 3rd scholarship open. And if MM and DE decide to follow Moser back home to Chicago, then we'll have 5. And if CE and RL get homesick and leave then we'll have 7. And if RM retires then we'll need a new head coach. And if a meteor hits Chaifetz then I guess we'll be playing our games back at Scottrade Center.

If CR transfers we'll have a 3rd scholarship open. And if MM and DE decide to follow Moser back home to Chicago, then we'll have 5. And if CE and RL get homesick and leave then we'll have 7. And if RM retires then we'll need a new head coach. And if a meteor hits Chaifetz then I guess we'll be playing our games back at Scottrade Center.

POST OF THE YEAR!!!

All. I'm hearing that we might be signing a local kid from Clayton High. Anyone know anything about this?

Christian Thomas. Chievous and Thomas are very similar players so we are probably just covering our basis in case Chievous goes elsewhere.

here is some video of Christian Thoma.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/26878/christian-thomas

The term "highlights" must have been used loosely for that video.

Not saying this means a whole lot, but I haven't heard much about this kid on this board. Usually any local kids worth anything have been talked about in some detail on this board. Anybody got anymore insight on this kid?

Timmermann does a good job with his blog, especially during the season, but the my biggest compaint is that he never seems to cover recruiting. He's done one recently on Moser and another about Willie, but it seems like this would be the time to do a spring recruiting blog entry about who we are targeting. Other beat writers cover recruiting, but it doesn't seem to interest Timmermann or he's not willing to do some digging.

why are we looking to sign any guards/wing players? we lost our best inside player. our only other true inside player was the only player ripped apart by rickma for his disappointing regressive play this season. our "best" inside player is a senior to be. our two foreign inside players both think they are wings. now it is rumored we are chasing two more wings. count me confused.

Roy agree wholeheartedly! This team will not be special without a physical inside presence which, at this time, is not there!

They are trying to bring in post players, its not that easy. Patience. You should be happy they arent just focusing on 1 player and if he goes elsewhere we are ######, aka the soderberg way.

They are trying to bring in post players, its not that easy. Patience. You should be happy they arent just focusing on 1 player and if he goes elsewhere we are ######, aka the soderberg way.

I don't think we should be happy just because recruiting isn't being handled as badly as it was at the end of the Soderberg era.