RM says he is going to.........

contact mizzou's new head coach Frank Haith in a couple weeks about scheduling them so hopefully Haith and RM can get something going. No big news but I figured I would post it. He told that to Producer Joe on 590 The Fan. Plus Moser will be on with Frank and Martin today.

No wonder Mizzou can't get any local recruits when they have no relevance beyond their own community.

Marquette and Wisconsin have a great rivalry. The papers and news are all over it for weeks. It definitely helps keep local recruits interested in BOTH schools.

No wonder Mizzou can't get any local recruits when they have no relevance beyond their own community.

Marquette and Wisconsin have a great rivalry. The papers and news are all over it for weeks. It definitely helps keep local recruits interested in BOTH schools.

the biggest basketball game in St. Louis year-in and year-out is Missouri-Illinois. Two BCS schools with passionate local followings lots of pageantry also covered on ESPN. I can see how SLU fans would like something like that.

the biggest basketball game in St. Louis year-in and year-out is Missouri-Illinois. Two BCS schools with passionate local followings lots of pageantry also covered on ESPN. I can see how SLU fans would like something like that.

The Mizzou-SLU three game series was the most competitive non-conference series Mizzou had during that period. More than 25,000 at the Dome, big crowds at Mizzou and SLU. All three games went down to the wire. Apparently now Mizzou would rather play a bunch of games against the likes of North Florida and Presbyterian in a half empty arena.

The Mizzou-SLU three game series was the most competitive non-conference series Mizzou had during that period. More than 25,000 at the Dome, big crowds at Mizzou and SLU. All three games went down to the wire. Apparently now Mizzou would rather play a bunch of games against the likes of North Florida and Presbyterian in a half empty arena.

That's a great point. It was fun for both sides then and would be fun again. Not sure why they are scared. It's just a basketball game.

I'm sure that the entire reason is that Mizzou is "scared." sure.

Then what prevents them from playing it, Cheesy? Clearly it's a money maker for both schools and generates a lot of buzz. SLU's made it very obvious they want it to be annual and Mizzery's made it very obvious 3 games a century is more than enough for them. I understand the Ill-Mizzery rivalry, but the intra state rivalry would be a plus for them as well. As someone said, it's just a basketball game. I don't think they're scared but do think they view it as a nothing to gain everything to lose situation as it pertains to recruiting, which is ridiculous. Heck, I can only think of a handful of recruits SLU and Mizzery have competed for, and most of those kids went elsewhere anyways. Who wins this game isn't likely going to be a factor as to where a kid goes to school.

If I'm Mizzou, I don't play SLU until we make another NCAA tourney. They don't have anything to gain until we demonstrate more success on the court. It's a sad fact.

Don't have anything to gain? How about money? Mizzou is regularly having crowds of 4-5000 for some of the cupcakes they bring in to play. I would think filling their empty arena would help with their budget.

Don't have anything to gain? How about money? Mizzou is regularly having crowds of 4-5000 for some of the cupcakes they bring in to play. I would think filling their empty arena would help with their budget.

Generally average around 7-8,000 for noncon games. A home and home with SLU means we lose a home game. I bet that if SLU just wanted to play at Mizzou one game Mizzou would probably do it but I'm sure they don't want to do any games at Chaifetz.

So instead of a sellout every other year with zero buy game expense you think it makes more fiscal sense to pay $100k annually for a buy game with a third the attendance revenue plus a substantial rpi hit even if the tigers win vs the buy team. Yeah that is obvious.

So instead of a sellout every other year with zero buy game expense you think it makes more fiscal sense to pay $100k annually for a buy game with a third the attendance revenue plus a substantial rpi hit even if the tigers win vs the buy team. Yeah that is obvious.

"Cupcake" buy games do not cost anywhere near $100k fyi.

And we should take your word why? Who are you? Your knowledge is crediable becaUse? And even if the number is $20k my statement still works. It makes no sense to not play us.

YEAH! What broy said .... and my dad can beat up your dad!

Seriously ... what broy said. I can't believe playing the likes of Presbyterian, Winthrop, Coppin State, Austin Peay, High Point, Tennessee-Martin or any other slugs makes sense.

Wisconsin and Marquette do it. Louisville and Kentucky do it. Of course, we ain't them but neither is Missouri for that matter. Masybe Frank Haith will see a benefit. I doubt it but one can always hope. I think it would be good. For all involved.

YEAH! What broy said .... and my dad can beat up your dad!

Seriously ... what broy said. I can't believe playing the likes of Presbyterian, Winthrop, Coppin State, Austin Peay, High Point, Tennessee-Martin or any other slugs makes sense.

Wisconsin and Marquette do it. Louisville and Kentucky do it. Of course, we ain't them but neither is Missouri for that matter. Masybe Frank Haith will see a benefit. I doubt it but one can always hope. I think it would be good. For all involved.

Missouri and Illinois do it....

Missouri and Illinois do it....

Is there a rule you can only plaY one out of conference game that doesn't involve a buy team each season

Is there a rule you can only plaY one out of conference game that doesn't involve a buy team each season

All the other examples involve teams who play fairly similar schedules to Mizzou, is all I meant. Is there some rule that says that every noncon game needs to be super compelling and tough?