RM says he is going to.........

All the other examples involve teams who play fairly similar schedules to Mizzou, is all I meant. Is there some rule that says that every noncon game needs to be super compelling and tough?

Missouri only plays two nonconference games per year?

And we should take your word why? Who are you? Your knowledge is crediable becaUse? And even if the number is $20k my statement still works. It makes no sense to not play us.

Roy, we only got 70K from Duke and from things I have heard RM and PM say it would seem that we generally pay 40-50K depending on how badly we want the game. By that I mean if the cupcake would rather play us another date but we need it on a certain date that they would prefer not playing such as back to back for them then we might have to pay a little more for that game.

I don't get what you're saying here.

Cheesy, I think any Mizzou fan should say, "Hell yeah, we want to play you, and when we do we'll kick your ass"! I think all anyone is saying is why not play the game? There is no reason that isn't complete bullbleep. Losing to SLU is not a game that's going to knock a team out of the tournament, unless there are a number of other bad losses with it. This isn't football, where one non conference loss kills a team. Just admit there is no compelling reason not to play, and we can make Broy leave you alone.

Cheesy, I think any Mizzou fan should say, "Hell yeah, we want to play you, and when we do we'll kick your ass"! I think all anyone is saying is why not play the game? There is no reason that isn't complete bullbleep. Losing to SLU is not a game that's going to knock a team out of the tournament, unless there are a number of other bad losses with it. This isn't football, where one non conference loss kills a team. Just admit there is no compelling reason not to play, and we can make Broy leave you alone.

I'm not worried about broy, and my thoughts on this matter have long been known on this board. I would love for the game to happen. It would be something I looked forward to. I, however, don't think it's some sort of god-given right that it happens, and I can appreciate that there are likely reasons beyond my ability to know why Missouri doesn't play it, be they financial or philosophical.

I used to want this game but I have come to realize that it is not worth fretting over since we have no control over it. When MO turned down an assurance of a million dollar pay off to play us then I knew it was not about the money but about something else. When we played them tough during that last 3 game series, it became apparent to me that they do not want another possible non-conf loss unless it it is to a BCS team. You can call that playing for prestige only or being afraid - seems like it is what side of the fence you are on that depends on which way you see it. Finally, a usual tactic is to ignore your competition if you think you are better then they are and this is what they are doing. Whoever said that Alden will not risk the game because he is in hot water already with some at MO is right. Additionally, if they start playing us then they will have pressure to go to KC and play UMKC and Springfield to play SMS. I kind of see their point to some extent. The answer here is to do an annual or semi annual State of MO tournament with SMS, UMKC, SEMO and SLU but that won't fly.

YEAH! What broy said .... and my dad can beat up your dad!

Seriously ... what broy said. I can't believe playing the likes of Presbyterian, Winthrop, Coppin State, Austin Peay, High Point, Tennessee-Martin or any other slugs makes sense.

Wisconsin and Marquette do it. Louisville and Kentucky do it. Of course, we ain't them but neither is Missouri for that matter. Masybe Frank Haith will see a benefit. I doubt it but one can always hope. I think it would be good. For all involved.

Im sure Haith will see the benefit but the questions are if Haith will be able to talk Alden into getting him the game or if Haith thinks the negatives out weigh the benefits.

What does that even mean?

Stay with me here Big Boy, few outside of this state knows who Missouri is. Out of all the large state schools Missouri has to be one of the worst when it comes to national recognition. Simply, they never won jack.

Stay with me here Big Boy, few outside of this state knows who Missouri is. Out of all the large state schools Missouri has to be one of the worst when it comes to national recognition. Simply, they never won jack.

Although they are one of the only (less than 15 I believe) athletics programs that makes a profit. So they're doing something right over there.

Although they are one of the only (less than 15 I believe) athletics programs that makes a profit. So they're doing something right over there.

Be careful with that analysis. I am also a huge Tennessee Vols fan and their athletic department is among the most profitable. Despite that you could argue their athletic department is an absolute mess - football, basketball, and baseball. If you want an AD to turn a profit there are many examples of how that doesn't mean team performance is at a high level also.

Be careful with that analysis. I am also a huge Tennessee Vols fan and their athletic department is among the most profitable. Despite that you could argue their athletic department is an absolute mess - football, basketball, and baseball. If you want an AD to turn a profit there are many examples of how that doesn't mean team performance is at a high level also.

I get what you're saying. But there is not an exact correlation between a f***ed up AD and turning a profit. I grew up in TN so I know how passionate Vols fans are across the board, but Knieland (spelling?) Stadium has put them in HUGE amounts of debt.

Absolutley correct.

I traveled nationally for 20 yrs... I was surprised at how little respect Missouri U gets for football and basketball.

(Of course, MU magnificence is drilled into our heads 24/7 around here.)

But across the nation, sports fans think of Missouri U as middle of the pack at best in football and basketball (which they are); average in the top 50-60 or so in both over the last few decades.

I travel a lot too ... but can't say Mizzou is respected or not. I've never seen it. Maybe that's the answer.

Some schools can't play everybody in state. Ohio State would be hard pressed for one ... Cincy, Dayton, Xavier, Toledo, Akron, Ohio, Kent State and so on. Notre Dame and Indiana, Purdue, Indiana State, Butler, Ball State and so on. West Virginia should play Marshall. Washington should play Gonzaga. Nebraska should play Creighton. Oklahoma and Okie State should play Tulsa.

Louisville plays Kentucky. Marquette plays Wisconsin. Tennessee plays Memphis.

I just think Mizzou should play us. And Mo State. Again, it seems to beat out some of the dead beats we both have on the schedule.

Triangle has talked about this subject for years. Too loves too see great competitive basketball and no one can argue that those 3 games weren't just phenomenal. In talking too Mizzou fans (one of which is one of Triangle's best of friends) the answer is "Why should we?". No matter what arguments that Too presents - passion - great crowds - rivalry mania - possible national TV, it is always met with the same answer with no further explanations, just blank stares too Too's mass bombardment of questions. Triangle has delved deeply intoo Too's vast cranium resources and the only thing that Triangle can unearth as an answer is that Mizzou does not want too play our Billikens in St. Louis because they are already playing Illinois here. They have no games in KC. The only resolution may be too sign on too play one game in Columbia (MO that is). Elimination of Planned Parenthood, elimination of NPR, our Billikens may have too bite the bullet (Republicans) in order too get this under way.

so it goes.

I get what you're saying. But there is not an exact correlation between a f***ed up AD and turning a profit. I grew up in TN so I know how passionate Vols fans are across the board, but Knieland (spelling?) Stadium has put them in HUGE amounts of debt.

It's Neyland, as in General Neyland. Their stadium and training facilities are financed so sure that is debt, but they arent going to have any trouble paying those bills.

I noticed you are a supporter of jorts...leads me to believe you are really a closet Gator fan.

Enough on those topics here though I guess.

I travel a lot too ... but can't say Mizzou is respected or not. I've never seen it. Maybe that's the answer.

Some schools can't play everybody in state. Ohio State would be hard pressed for one ... Cincy, Dayton, Xavier, Toledo, Akron, Ohio, Kent State and so on. Notre Dame and Indiana, Purdue, Indiana State, Butler, Ball State and so on. West Virginia should play Marshall. Washington should play Gonzaga. Nebraska should play Creighton. Oklahoma and Okie State should play Tulsa.

Louisville plays Kentucky. Marquette plays Wisconsin. Tennessee plays Memphis.

I just think Mizzou should play us. And Mo State. Again, it seems to beat out some of the dead beats we both have on the schedule.

Always amazed me Illinois would play

Illinois Chicago Circle but not SIU Bradley

or De Paul

If we are looking for Chicago games why

not Northwestern?

Pretty similar to Mizzou. I'm pretty sure they have played UMKC and SEMO but not Missouri State or SLU.