Bills v. La Sallies GDT

moytoy12

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That loss goes to the coaching....your best defensive player is on the bench the last 4 mins of the game...why?...you have a timeout and don't use it when they were obviously at loss at what to do for the winning shot...I don't get it!

Gimme a break dude. I'm so sick of people blaming these kind of losses on the coaches. We had countless stupid mistakes....multiple missed layups, poor free throw shooting, a few bonehead turnovers, etc. Take away ONE of those and win. The kids didn't play that well this game and we lost. End of story. The coaching didn't lose the game.

Once again end of game clock management stinks

SLU should have used a time out when that final called set play broke down. They just threw up a prayer with 1 sec left. Just seems to get more frustrating just when I was thinking "maybe things are beginning to click."

yeah Im not sure why the hell they didnt use the timeout.

Were they trying to save it for the next game?

The Bills almost always seem to have a successful set play coming out of timeouts yet in the most important part of the game they decide to go streetball? Doesnt make sense

Evans missed the last shot...sucked that he was put into that situation with less than 5 seconds left on the clock.

Definitely a tough shot, but thought it had a chance to fall. Thought Majerus would call a TO when we crossed mid-court, but I think where we really could have used it was when Conklin got tied and double teamed at the free throw line. I think there were still about 10 seconds left at that point and a TO there may have helped. Definitely a frustrating game. So many of our games come down to one play, one turnover, one free throw, and in this case down to getting a rebound at the end. Liked that we showed we could score. Wish we would have had a normal game on D where we actually stop someone.

The name of the game is atletic players. LS had many we had few. Just give another assist to the SLU administration. How many games did they cost us this year!

Athletic players had nothing to do with this loss. They were winning the entire game inexperince, stupid mistakes, poor late FT shooting, and nobody wanting to take the last shot cost them this game.

If CR hits his free throws they win.

yeah Im not sure why the hell they didnt use the timeout.

Were they trying to save it for the next game?

The Bills almost always seem to have a successful set play coming out of timeouts yet in the most important part of the game they decide to go streetball? Doesnt make sense

I couldn't believe Majerus didn't call the timeout when they brought the ball over the time line. After the rebound slowly rolled out of bounds with 0 .1 showing (later changed to 0.2) my comment was "NOW he calls the time-out!"

When you lose by one there are a LOT of things you can look back on but I thought we were way too sloppy with the ball tonight. Too many unforced turnovers, mostly careless passes.

I couldn't believe Majerus didn't call the timeout when they brought the ball over the time line. After the rebound slowly rolled out of bounds with 0 .1 showing (later changed to 0.2) my comment was "NOW he calls the time-out!"

When you lose by one there are a LOT of things you can look back on but I thought we were way too sloppy with the ball tonight. Too many unforced turnovers, mostly careless passes.

That was huge.

I can remember 4 or 5 SLU passes that hit a La Salle player right in the numbers.

Jett had at least two that were perfect chest high passes to the wrong team

That was huge.

I can remember 4 or 5 SLU passes that hit a La Salle player right in the numbers.

Jett had at least two that were perfect chest high passes to the wrong team

Yes he did but he wasn't the only one with turnovers...bottom line there were alot of mistakes as a team but lasalle made mistakes too...if rm had called a timeout and had the right players in the game we had a better chance of winning this game than not. IMO

Gimme a break dude. I'm so sick of people blaming these kind of losses on the coaches. We had countless stupid mistakes....multiple missed layups, poor free throw shooting, a few bonehead turnovers, etc. Take away ONE of those and win. The kids didn't play that well this game and we lost. End of story. The coaching didn't lose the game.

Coaches mistake! Lasalle had the same problems with the exception of missed freethrows...he just had the right players on the floor and used his timeouts wisely...he got out coached!

Majerus never calls a timeout in that situation. His players know what to do, it just gives the defense a chance to setup. If you are prepared this is the right move, the play just didn't work.

That said LaSalle basically ran the same play against us the first 10 possessions and we couldn't figure it out. They repeatedly went back to it throughout the game. Why we didn't adjust when our current plan wasn't working I have no idea.

Our 7 point lead was only for 6 seconds. LaSalle made a 3 seconds after we went up by 7. It was a 2-4 point spread throughout the 2nd half.

We had 5 players in double figures. Last time we did that was in an OT game against Duquesne. Last time we did that in regulation was against Lamar in that tourney at Texas A&M when Brad was still the coach...in 2006.

I'll give LaSalle credit they continually pushed the ball. We can make most teams slow it down. They refused and that why they won. Even when we scored they would have the ball in their end in a couple seconds and would be getting off open threes. They are big, athletic, and every player on the team can shoot except the fat backup big man. They pushed the ball kept making shots and it allowed them to stay in it long enough for us to blow it.

Conklin another great game. 6 O boards against a team that can really rebound. Impressive. He took it to a taller, bigger team. He has deficiencies as a starting big but if he came off the bench we would be really good. I thought he would have problems defending LaSalle but he fared better than Loe and Remuken.

Cassity was almost as good. 14 points though he didn't shoot well, he did get to the line, tying his season high with 6 free throw attempts. He's had 11 games this season where he didn't shoot a free throw. That is unreal for a guy who gets 30 minutes every game and drives so often. 7 assists, just 1 turnover.

Mike McCall really controlled the game for several stretches. 5 dimes, 1 TO and 10 points. Strong point guard play.

Jett had some great plays, a big steal, knocking a sure layup out of bounds coming out of nowhere, the putback dunk, and some dumb ones throwing balls away, losing his dribble. He broke even tonight but cutting down on some mistakes and we win this game.

Dwayne Evans another great effort. Really worked his midrange game, shooting some jumpers and taking bigger players off the dribble on the wing. Rebounded extremely well despite giving up 4 or 5 inches on his man.

Loe made one big 3 and had a lay up, along with 4 TOs and poor defense against a very tough matchup for him. Really was outclassed by Murray.

Remuken played well, this was a good matchup for him. 8 points 4 boards, some good interior D. Could have made 1 more free throw though.

Salecich could be replaced by anyone who could catch and pass a ball at this point. It did appear he got his haircut though.

When I get upset about this heart wrenching losses I realize that we are in these games somehow without our 2 best players. With Reed and Mitchell we would be winning the A-10 right now.

Coaches mistake! Lasalle had the same problems with the exception of missed freethrows...he just had the right players on the floor and used his timeouts wisely...he got out coached!

Whooooohoooo!!!

Majerus - 487

Idiot coach from La Salle - 1 .....actually it's 219, but it's all the same. Congrats on the win.

Side Note: Last year we scored 68 points against La Salle. 60 of those came from Kwamain, Willie, and Cody. Crazy.

What game were you watching? Tell me the LS team didn't have more athletes. They were able to out athlete all night long. Yes there were some stupid plays but we couldn't stop their players from driving or offensive rebounding.

We knew it wasn't going to be easy this season. It isn't. Just get 'em ready for next year. And yes, WR, work your tail off to get back on the court. Redemption in '12 but with our luck that frickin' Mayan prophesy will come true and once again Bills fans are denied their due. IT IS VERY HARD TO BE A BILLIKEN FAN!

Thought everyone played well tonight. A couple of moments that stand out to me.

-the shot in the first half that I believe they changed from a 2 to a 3? I could be wrong, I never saw the final decision there.

-Cassity's missed layup with less than a minute left.

-Cory's missed free throw

-Couldn't rebound in the last minute

-Bad turnovers by Jordair

-up 7 with 4 minutes left. Paul comes in. stands about 5 feet off his guy and the guy hits a 3 over him.

still I think everyone played well. Cassity didn't score as much in the 2nd half, but I thought he played a very very good game. McCall took over at times. Jett had some bad turnovers, but still played very well. such a frustrating season.

-the shot in the first half that I believe they changed from a 2 to a 3? I could be wrong, I never saw the final decision there.

-up 7 with 4 minutes left. Paul comes in. stands about 5 feet off his guy and the guy hits a 3 over him.

still I think everyone played well. Cassity didn't score as much in the 2nd half, but I thought he played a very very good game. McCall took over at times. Jett had some bad turnovers, but still played very well. such a frustrating season.

oh and Greek Night was non-existent

They did count it as a 3. Could have sworn in real time it looked like a 2, but I have a bad angle on that. Was surprised it was a 3. The only other play that you'd never take back, but ended up being bad luck was the block by I think CR late that ended up going back to LaSalle and they kicked it out for a 3. Too bad we didn't give them a layup :). Once again, I didn't realize that we didn't get a bucket in the last 5min of the game until I heard it on the radio this morning. We just seem to struggle in the last few minutes when it counts. Not sure if we tighten up, quit running the offense, or what.

I'm going to have to attribute two of JJ's last turnovers to DE. Although it was very risky to pass to DE while he was so close, DE stood flat footed on both passes, while knowing LaSalle was putting on high pressure D on the perimeter, and the LaSalle player ran right through the passing lane. Had DE actively stepped to those passes, that could have easily been two fouls and potential free throw attempts (I don't remember the foul situation).

I'm going to have to attribute two of JJ's last turnovers to DE. Although it was very risky to pass to DE while he was so close, DE stood flat footed on both passes, while knowing LaSalle was putting on high pressure D on the perimeter, and the LaSalle player ran right through the passing lane. Had DE actively stepped to those passes, that could have easily been two fouls and potential free throw attempts (I don't remember the foul situation).

-looked like the lasalle player was sure expecting the pass, a back door cut may have worked, but may not have been room for that

JJ was telegraphing his passes like no other or just handing them to the other team. can't do anything now, but boy are these freshman getting some tough, but invaluable learning experiences.

You have to luv JJ,

When JJ made that TO pass resulting in the LS player going for the lay-up and JJ stuffing him. Shows me he has a lot of determination.

With his build and attitude his potential is endless.