Turn the Jett's on

HusakAttack

Was everyone else as impressed with him last night as me? I haven't seen the stat line but just by observation he had a tremendous game. I can't remember him turning it over, he hit several big shots and got to the rim when he needed to. He continues to show me tremendous poise and potential and a basketball IQ way above that of a freshmen. I cannot wait to see this kid continue to get better!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was everyone else as impressed with him last night as me? I haven't seen the stat line but just by observation he had a tremendous game. I can't remember him turning it over, he hit several big shots and got to the rim when he needed to. He continues to show me tremendous poise and potential and a basketball IQ way above that of a freshmen. I cannot wait to see this kid continue to get better!

He had one turnover late in the game. Unfortunately it was a key possession.

He had one turnover late in the game. Unfortunately it was a key possession.

Listening to the rammer after the game, Jett made his first 7 from the field (his pull up jumper is so, so pretty...) but missed his last 3. You can't teach clutch, and I think/hope this improves with experience and age.

Listening to the rammer after the game, Jett made his first 7 from the field (his pull up jumper is so, so pretty...) but missed his last 3. You can't teach clutch, and I think/hope this improves with experience and age.

At least he has the balls to take the shot down the stretch. Can't say that about everyone on this team.

one thing jordair does not lack is confidence.

i personally dont think his shot looks good, but if he makes them like last night, go with it.

the one thing that jett was not doing right was taking care of the ball. but it seems he has now slowed down just the tad needed to be under control and make the right decisions.

also, i thought last night that thinking back to first games, jett has lost weight (still rock solid strong though).

One of those late misses was a desperation 3 with about 10 seconds left when we were down by 4. The key miss was a 15 footer that rolled out. Hard to really think of Jett as choking in this game, as he took the right shot at the right time and it just rimmed out. The turnover late in the game hurt, but it also was his only one. In the last 3 games he has only 2 turnovers total. I am loving his improvement as we move through the season.

One of those late misses was a desperation 3 with about 10 seconds left when we were down by 4. The key miss was a 15 footer that rolled out. Hard to really think of Jett as choking in this game, as he took the right shot at the right time and it just rimmed out. The turnover late in the game hurt, but it also was his only one. In the last 3 games he has only 2 turnovers total. I am loving his improvement as we move through the season.

Sorry, I hope I didn't give off the impression that I'm disappointed in Jett-not at all! Just saying that with more games under his belt, one of those last 3 shots falls. I love the way he plays.

one thing jordair does not lack is confidence.

i personally dont think his shot looks good, but if he makes them like last night, go with it.

the one thing that jett was not doing right was taking care of the ball. but it seems he has now slowed down just the tad needed to be under control and make the right decisions.

also, i thought last night that thinking back to first games, jett has lost weight (still rock solid strong though).

At least he took more shots that he could make than couldn't. Yep, 0 for 1 from three, but SLU's International players, who also shoot 20's percent from 3 shot 9 of them and made none.

Barnett will help that a great deal. And with another year of experience, combined with better play from current teammates as well as Mitchell, Reed, etc...the 20's percents will likely improve,...but...until then, too many 3's from guys who can't make them. McCall missed a few, but he's SLU's best 3 point shooter(low 40's) as well as FT shooter.

Sorry, I hope I didn't give off the impression that I'm disappointed in Jett-not at all! Just saying that with more games under his belt, one of those last 3 shots falls. I love the way he plays.

From my understanding he was playing with a sprained ankle during practice on sat. and is still nursing a sprained wrist from the previous game when he got football tackled in Fordham. He played a GREAT game under those conditions.

From my understanding he was playing with a sprained ankle during practice on sat. and is still nursing a sprained wrist from the previous game when he got football tackled in Fordham. He played a GREAT game under those conditions.

Agreed. I dont get why so many ppl love to hate on him and nitpick at him. His potential is through the roof and the most fun player to watch on this team imo.

The turnovers decreasing over the last few games has been great.

And I may be imagining things but up until recently it seemed to me that Jett would cut or move and slip and fall at least twice a game.

He'd make a move to the basket and trip over his own feet or trying to defend a guy fall on his ass.

I havent seen that recently and think that shows that he is getting more comfotable and slowing down.

I may be way off on that but I do remember thinking during games "dang he trips and falls a lot"

Jett is an unusual player. I go back and forth on whether he is more of a 1 or a 2. He doesn't remind me of any one Billiken from the past, but he has some elements of Marque, Kwamain, Justin Love and John Redden. A lot is made about how bad his shot looks, but he is shooting at 44%. It reminds me of how people complained about how KM's shot looked when they first saw him. He can score around the basket and he is very good at hitting the mid range shot off the dribble, which a lot of players can't do. If he counts down on turnovers and develops a 3-pint shot, he will be a dangerous all-around player. KM, MM and JJ will offer some exciting backcourt combinations next year.

Jett is an unusual player. I go back and forth on whether he is more of a 1 or a 2. He doesn't remind me of any one Billiken from the past, but he has some elements of Marque, Kwamain, Justin Love and John Redden. A lot is made about how bad his shot looks, but he is shooting at 44%. It reminds me of how people complained about how KM's shot looked when they first saw him. He can score around the basket and he is very good at hitting the mid range shot off the dribble, which a lot of players can't do. If he counts down on turnovers and develops a 3-pint shot, he will be a dangerous all-around player. KM, MM and JJ will offer some exciting backcourt combinations next year.

Are you forgeting about KC and his 28-30 minutes next year?

Just a thought...is it possible that RM would cut back KC's minutes next year so that JJ and MM will get more playing time? I think we can all agree that KM will get as much playing time next season as he can handle. JB will also be in the mix for playing time. So, where does that leave KC, MM and JJ? KC has been getting TONS of minutes the past two seasons...how would he handle a reduction? That is an interesting thought.

Just a thought...is it possible that RM would cut back KC's minutes next year so that JJ and MM will get more playing time? I think we can all agree that KM will get as much playing time next season as he can handle. JB will also be in the mix for playing time. So, where does that leave KC, MM and JJ? KC has been getting TONS of minutes the past two seasons...how would he handle a reduction? That is an interesting thought.

RM keeps trying every way possible to get KC to be more selfish and nothing seems to work. He talked about it again on Thursday with Bernie on 101. I think next year he will still get good minutes but the unwillingness to really take charge will give way to JJ, JB, MM, and definately KM especially in tight games down the stretch. He has to take the big shot to be able to make the big shot and JJ proved the other night that he is not afraid to do so. He stepped up late and made some big plays. Unfortunate turnover late but showed the ability to take and make some big shots.

If KC gets 28-30 minutes next year, we will not be very good. KC has been playing significant minutes for 3 years now. He is not going to finally get his chance and make some big improvement between his JR and SR year. KC is what he is. Unless JB is hurt and DE regresses, KC will finally get the limited minutes that most "role" players get. KC has had a pretty good situation at SLU these past 3 years. Next year, if WR and KM are back playing, then they will each get 28 to 30 mmpg. IMO, to properly project playing time and the success of next year's team, it is more appropriate to look at last year's team rather than this year's team. Even with KM and WR and despite our late season success, our team still lacked outside shooting (KC, CS and last year's JJ simply did not get the job done). IMO, JB is the obvious choice to desparately replace the outside shooting that has been missing since KL graduated. Also, if KM assumes the primary duties of point guard, then MM and JJ can then focus on scoring. MM appears to have better outside shot than JJ but JJ finds other ways to score. I truly believe that JJ and MM, in addition to being first year freshmen, have had to focus so much time handling the point, breaking the press and running the offense that they have not had time to focus on being a scoring threat. KC will never be a scoring threat.

If KC gets 28-30 minutes next year, we will not be very good. KC has been playing significant minutes for 3 years now. He is not going to finally get his chance and make some big improvement between his JR and SR year. KC is what he is. Unless JB is hurt and DE regresses, KC will finally get the limited minutes that most "role" players get. KC has had a pretty good situation at SLU these past 3 years. Next year, if WR and KM are back playing, then they will each get 28 to 30 mmpg. IMO, to properly project playing time and the success of next year's team, it is more appropriate to look at last year's team rather than this year's team. Even with KM and WR and despite our late season success, our team still lacked outside shooting (KC, CS and last year's JJ simply did not get the job done). IMO, JB is the obvious choice to desparately replace the outside shooting that has been missing since KL graduated. Also, if KM assumes the primary duties of point guard, then MM and JJ can then focus on scoring. MM appears to have better outside shot than JJ but JJ finds other ways to score. I truly believe that JJ and MM, in addition to being first year freshmen, have had to focus so much time handling the point, breaking the press and running the offense that they have not had time to focus on being a scoring threat. KC will never be a scoring threat.

Agreed. A shooting guard that has attempted 60 career free throws in well over 2,000 career minutes tells you something about his lack of agressiveness. He's a fine role player but should get 20 mins absolute max next yr (assuming we have everyone expected)

Agreed. A shooting guard that has attempted 60 career free throws in well over 2,000 career minutes tells you something about his lack of agressiveness. He's a fine role player but should get 20 mins absolute max next yr (assuming we have everyone expected)

Yes and no. 20 minutes is 1/2 a game. Way too much. I say 5 minutes. Let those with an upside take a turn. KC will be a Senior next year and gone after the season. If he does not perform early in the season, then sit him on the bench.

RM is smart and doesn't need me to tell him how to coach. IMO, RM will probably start the year with him, tell him he is the Senior and that it's his job to lose. This will make KC, the Senior happy, and give incentive to the unproven JB and others to actually beat KC out of game time by superior play on the court. Credit to KC for his hustle and determintion. This has been what RM has tried to do with PE. The problem, though, is that CS, KC, JJ and MM did not play well enough to make PE never see the floor. Credit also to PE for his hustle and determination which resulted in PE getting mintues earlier in the season. PE even started the game against UD. Even w/o KM on this year's team, who still would have thought PE would have played as many minutes as he did. Not me. As mentioned, both a credit to PE and the fact that the true scholarship boys did not perform.

And not to be taken as doom & gloom and being overly negative but I really thought our team played well against Rhody. PE did not play at all. No one looked to KC to score. Instead, JJ has realized that he is far better than KC. These past 4 games, DE has now decided he also wants to score - and is scoring. CE decided he better crash the boards and get 2 points on the tip-in since and pull down some rebounds since his outside shot was off again. RL played strong and confident - especially for a guy without points - and kept shooting/trying. Yes, I know all teams get better as the year goes on. Still, the team I saw 2 nights ago was not all the team I watched play earlier in the year. Night and day. Looking forward to next year.

Yes and no. 20 minutes is 1/2 a game. Way too much. I say 5 minutes. Let those with an upside take a turn. KC will be a Senior next year and gone after the season. If he does not perform early in the season, then sit him on the bench.

There is no way in Hell KC only gets 5 minutes a game next year.

Ever since RM has been here all we have heard is that we need experince and we need seniors next year we will have a good one and he is only going to play 5 minutes?

He is putting up OK numbers this year but those will most likely drop next year. He is an extension of the coach on the floor and that wont go away. RM likes smart veteran players. KC is a smart veteran player. Majerus will sacrafice skill and scoring for higher BBall IQ.

I dont really disagree with you I just dont see it happening.

I don't see KC going as low as 5 minutes/game, but I definitely see fewer minutes in his future. He strikes me as the kind of kid who would be ok with that. Conklin began starting most games as a freshman, but gradually saw fewer minutes. He seems ok with that and I think KC is similar. When those kids are seniors, I think they will want to win first and foremost, even if it means playing fewer minutes.

clock, jett only scored 3 more points than cassity and cassity had 5 assists compared to jett's 1.

dont get me wrong, jett played a very good game, but all things considered, cassity had a better overall game than jett. jett just surprised us with his very good game, while cassity had a same ole same ole game.

i am amazed at the continued venom towards cassity. only thing we have that could be said is "consistent".

clock, jett only scored 3 more points than cassity and cassity had 5 assists compared to jett's 1.

dont get me wrong, jett played a very good game, but all things considered, cassity had a better overall game than jett. jett just surprised us with his very good game, while cassity had a same ole same ole game.

i am amazed at the continued venom towards cassity. only thing we have that could be said is "consistent".

I agree that he is more consistent than most on this team but if he is getting significantly more minutes next year than MM, JJ, JB, DE, or KM then i disagree with the coaching style. Every coach in America will tell you they want guys who get to the basket and score ar go to the line. I would not be surprised one bit if KC has the fewest FT attempts on any college player in the country with those minutes.