Majerus on 101.1

ACE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Majerus says:

-he hasn't been outside but 2x in the past 2 weeks.

-its still doctor's call as to when he can return.

-Thinks Porter and the rest of the coaches are doing an excellent job

-the team is getting an apology from the league for the officiating at the end of the Temple game

-Says team is "aiming" shots instead of taking them

-answered a question about local recruiting from a listener

-Says its tough recruiting to the "league" that is the A-10. Says st louis kids have no affiliation to the A-10. Did say that it was a better league than the Valley.

-Says Reed needs to "see the light" and prioritize school. Agrees with the stipulations that SLU placed on his return.

-Kwamain is still waiting on the NCAA to rule in his eligibility which won't come before Saturday. Majerus made the point that he will have already missed 1/4 or league schedule and 2/3 overall.

-Kwamain can practice but cannot travel due to NCAA regs.

-Commented that they are REALLY shorthanded without Eckerle who hasn't suited up in 2 games. only 9 players available.

Majerus says:

-the team is getting an apology from the league for the officiating at the end of the Temple game

This is a good start, but I hope the referees involved also receive some sort of training or SOMETHING from the A10... :blink:

He has only been outside twice in the last couple of weeks. He is waiting to get clearance from the doctor before he returns. In the Temple game, the league has "apologized" for the officiating. He said Willie controls his own destiny ane he needs to make academics a priority. He praised the school and the faculty. Majerus sounded excited about the possibility of Mitchell, Reed and Barnett coming on board next year.

Majerus says:

Well isnt that just awesome.

Maybe they can frame it next to the letter KM and WR were originally going to have to write to the "vicitm"

They can have a nice little display of the 3 letters and a little plaque that says "these 2 letters show how we were screwed at the beginning of the year and this letter show how we continued to get screwed during the year."

That letter will make everything better.

He has only been outside twice in the last couple of weeks. He is waiting to get clearance from the doctor before he returns. In the Temple game, the league has "apologized" for the officiating. He said Willie controls his own destiny ane he needs to make academics a priority. He praised the school and the faculty. Majerus sounded excited about the possibility of Mitchell, Reed and Barnett coming on board next year.

Apologies in these situations are essentially worthless. If the league relly thinks the refs screwed up they ought to be be cut loose or at least suspended for a few games.

Funny how the focus of all this has switched to Willie's academics. I don't doubt that he was on shakey ground, but he WAS eligible going into this season...correct? It seems to me that Willie was being punished for other things, as he obviously had much less involvement in the incident than Mitchell.

They can have a nice little display of the 3 letters and a little plaque that says "these 2 letters show how we were screwed at the beginning of the year and this letter show how we continued to get screwed during the year."

:lol:

Can we get a Billiken Gnome holding that plaque?

Is there a link to the Majerus interview that anyone can provide...

Thx!

RM will be back. He's got too much pride to go out on a really p*&% poor year. He'd love to come back and get this team dancing. Major turnaround. As for St. L kids we'd get 'em if we were relevant. I don't think playing in the MVC vs the A-10 holds that much sway over locals. Now when the BCS guys come knocking that's a different story, but if SLU were an X or a Zaga we'd get locals, because we'd be a big deal in the city. Another thing I've heard from a recent College grad who played soccer for a Southern school but is from the St L area was that a lot of the prized athletes in St. L know that they can't skate by on their academics whereas it's not so important at other schools.

Called the school's treatment of Willie fair. I agree, but many on here won't like that.

Rm did not say the school's treatment of WR was fair. He said he agreed with the stipulations they are requiring, which most sensible posters on here think makes sense. How the school treated him is different from the stipulations they are requiring of him.

I listened and it sounded like he was half dead.

He hasn't been outside in 2 weeks.

How is he going to coach, recruit and coach practice over the next 18 months? I just don't see it happening.

The man may die on the court if he really tries to coach next year.

In my mind the program is a little shaky right now. If he returns next year we may have one shot at an NCAA birth ... because it may be his swan song, he may retire and then there will be a bunch of transfers and back out of LOI's. The nature of a new coach.

The sad thing is the talent may actually be there next year ... but because our coach may not live five years, the five year outlook of the program is shaky at best.

I wish we had a byu jimmer on our team! Imo most exciting player in college basketball right now.

Roy, Jimmer is amazing. Most exciting thing to happen to Provo since Jim Swarthout Real Estate got broken into by a nosy Los Angeles-based reporter...

Posted Image

I wish we had a byu jimmer on our team! Imo most exciting player in college basketball right now.

No doubt Jimmer is awesome to watch. I also heard him interviewed today on one of the national show on the radio he was solid and very intresting. Not sure who did the interview though.

But the most exciting player in the country right now is Kemba Walker.

He said the same type of stuff the last time he was on with Bernie. Yet we have several people thinking, maybe even hoping, that he won't be back next year.

There are people who think this because they are hearing it from people inside the University. I will be pretty upset if he leaves - it will set us back 10 years and we will be starting over. No serious, big time coach will come here after seeing the B.S. Majerus has gone through. That said, I do not think he will be back, unfortunately.

Maybe, with Kwamain and Willie back, he will stay. With Manning, JB, KM, and WR and the maturation of the current frosh, we could be deadly next year; that would keep me around. Of course, this is the Billikens...

I listened and it sounded like he was half dead.

He hasn't been outside in 2 weeks.

How is he going to coach, recruit and coach practice over the next 18 months? I just don't see it happening.

The man may die on the court if he really tries to coach next year.

In my mind the program is a little shaky right now. If he returns next year we may have one shot at an NCAA birth ... because it may be his swan song, he may retire and then there will be a bunch of transfers and back out of LOI's. The nature of a new coach.

The sad thing is the talent may actually be there next year ... but because our coach may not live five years, the five year outlook of the program is shaky at best.

Well hello Mr Positive. Give the man a chance to recover and see what happens.

Well hello Mr Positive. Give the man a chance to recover and see what happens.

Give BillyBilly a break. It takes a lot of energy to hate the Billikens as much as he does.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

At the beginning of the season I stated that our Bills would struggle to win 16 games and that a repeat appearance in the CBI would signify a good season. Everyone basically called me out, laughed at me and shoved it aside.

I like to look down the road for our program ... not just the next game.

Majerus' health is a major concern. And it could sink the program with transfers and LOI back outs if he has to hang it up. Let's face it, as much as I love Slu and loved going to school there ... these guys did not come to Saint Louis for any other reason except Majerus.