Bernie on Willie

HenryB

Have not been able to read all the threads, but I have noticed a number of references to John Cook the huge $$$ donor.

Has it come out that he is the relative of the girl involved in this?

We already established that the answer is NOOOO! I know her name. I don't know of a single building or thing on campus that has her last name on it except for the janitor's yo yo. People who think she's Cook's relative are going from A to B with nothing in between except "huge donor".

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We already established that the answer is NOOOO! I know her name. I don't know of a single building or thing on campus that has her last name on it except for the janitor's yo yo. People who think she's Cook's relative are going from A to B with nothing in between except "huge donor".

The way I understood it from the beginning was that John Cook was best friend's with this girl's father. And we don't know if it was John Cook throwing his weight around as much as it was the university just not wanting to piss him off. That's a possibility too. I'm not really sure either way.

If you know for a fact she is not a relative, then fine state it as such. But don't use the last name as the reason. For example, I have 6 cousins and none of them have the same last name as me, yet they are definitely my relatives are they not?

The way I understood it from the beginning was that John Cook was best friend's with this girl's father. And we don't know if it was John Cook throwing his weight around as much as it was the university just not wanting to piss him off. That's a possibility to.

WOW

If Willie plays this year and next he will be out of eligibility.

I suspect that if Willie does come back and plays, Kwamain will also play. If willie doesn't come back the decision won't be so obvious for Kwamain.

Yeah...my math wasn't too sharp there!

It will be interesting to see what decision Mitchell makes....

Likes sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of our Billiken Fandom Lives

To answer someones question in an earlier post, Kwamain will be redshirting. That is a final decision and not just a rumor. I'm not sure how that might change if Willie comes back.

Great news on a wonderful Saturday morning!

Yeah...I think it will be interesting to see what happens if Willie gets accepted. Like I mentioned, I'm pretty sure Willie will want to go out and start playing and that's when Mitchell will have to make his call. Ask him what he thinks when you see him :)

WOW

Ok here's the facts. L.D. Did something she later wish she hadn't. KM,WR and JS did something they wish they hadn't. Sr. As any parent would, step in and said something that he probably wish he hadn't but did expose the University and how they handle this and SLU wish that they could change how they handle this. I just hope that all parties involved learned a great deal from this. In the words of the great poet Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"

To answer someones question in an earlier post, Kwamain will be redshirting. That is a final decision and not just a rumor. I'm not sure how that might change if Willie comes back.

Having to sit out for the whole year after waiting this thing out would be really hard for me if I were Kwamain. I would just want to get in and play. I know RSing is best but I think it would be a tough decision to make especially having to sit back and watch the team struggle all the way through March. That's a tough decision.

Just wondering how something could be considered a "final decision" but also be subject to change if something else occurs.

Maybe you meant to say "The plan currently is to redshit KM but that could change if WR comes back"?

my sister doesn't have the same last name as me. shes my sister. we're related.

Just wondering how something could be considered a "final decision" but also be subject to change if something else occurs.

Maybe you meant to say "The plan currently is to redshit KM but that could change if WR comes back"?

My point was that I know he is planning on red-shirting, but I'm not sure if that's taking anything to do with Willie into account.

DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE NOT IMPRESSED

One, I don't think we should be tossing Mr. Cook's name around on this board either. Even if he did come to the girl's aid. He's a big donor. No reason to tick him off any further. Two, SLU should let them back in w/o any further hassles. SLU's given a lot of kids a second chance. That's what makes it a special place. Heck, look what Chaifetz did to stay in school and how'd that turn out for us? Do the right thing here, open the doors.

In my opinion, the problem isn't that a large donor asked for something out of the ordinary. That happens all the time. The real issue is that the University caved and didn't follow it's own predetermined rules at the expense of the student/athletes. Again, that, in my opinion, is totally unacceptable!!

In my opinion, the problem isn't that a large donor asked for something out of the ordinary. That happens all the time. The real issue is that the University caved and didn't follow it's own predetermined rules at the expense of the student/athletes. Again, that, in my opinion, is totally unacceptable!!

+1

Agree 100%.

That is THE issue; a highly paid prominent attorney was allowed in Student Court to present a case against the two student athletes with the sole intent to get the two student athletes kicked off the team. Female transfered, pure revenge motive, players parents not allowed in the proceedeing but female's parents were there...

Hate to keep drudging this up but Willie posted this on his facebook profile "Miss waking up at 6 to run on the track.. The locker room laughter and the sore and aching body.. The TEAM TOGETHER and scouting reports.. miss my billiken fam!"

Not really any new news.

Just wanted to keep you old guys who don't have a facebook profile in the loop.