Cody Ellis

Damn. I hope he gets his head out of his ass soon.

The last think I want to see is a disgruntled Aussie hurting our chances for other over-seas recruits.

One would hope Harriman pulls him aside and says, "you're blowing it, mate." Also, since CE's dad was a big time hoops guy, you'd expect him to say pretty much the same thing. If CE and RM aren't seeing eye to eye I shudder to think what might be going thru CE's mind. Something like, I could be balling down under, getting paid, hitting the beaches, and chasing Sheilas. Man how quickly things can go from bad to possibly worse.

Now, I am a RM supporter. However, what the hell is he trying to prove here? He is willing to sit a player who could have helped us win a game just to prove a point? On top of that, while Cody is still not a good defensive player, I have noticed marked improvement from him these past few games. Personally, I just don't get what Majerus is hoping to accomplish here. We are already short-handed and he decides to just sit one of our best scorers during the first road game to make a statement...Is this one of his motivational attempts or something?

Now, I am a RM supporter. However, what the hell is he trying to prove here? He is willing to sit a player who could have helped us win a game just to prove a point? On top of that, while Cody is still not a good defensive player, I have noticed marked improvement from him these past few games. Personally, I just don't get what Majerus is hoping to accomplish here. We are already short-handed and he decides to just sit one of our best scorers during the first road game to make a statement...Is this one of his motivational attempts or something?

+1

Just throwing out ideas because I'm bored:

Thought we could win without him, not able to put him in because his point wouldn't have been made.

Thought that not playing in this game would motivate him to have the game of his life against duke.

I can think of better things for you to do when your bored 05

RM has been around the block has had past success, and you know he'll do things his way. That said, whenever possible I'm in favor of coaches disciplining players in ways that don't contribute to losses.

With what we have seen from CE so far, I doubt he would have made much difference in that game. That's not bagging on Cody, because he has been sick and still recovering but Cody has not been the Cody of last year. Maybe a game off will pay dividends in future games, because maybe it will send a message to Cody and it also gives him a night off to recover more.

RM is looking at the big picture. We're not going anywhwere this year. If he gets through to Cody by sitting him it will be worth it in the long run. Besides, he hasn't been anywhere close to a difference maker this year. I doubt he would have changed the outcome last night.

RM has been around the block has had past success, and you know he'll do things his way. That said, whenever possible I'm in favor of coaches disciplining players in ways that don't contribute to losses.

Only one thing is responsible for any of our loses so far this year...and it has nothing to do with any decision RM has made.

RM is looking at the big picture. We're not going anywhwere this year. If he gets through to Cody by sitting him it will be worth it in the long run. Besides, he hasn't been anywhere close to a difference maker this year. I doubt he would have changed the outcome last night.

+1

Ellis wouldn't have made a difference last night given what he's shown so far this year. We needed a post defender.

WHAT have you been watching this year? CODY has BEEN AWFUL... All of our scoring runs have been when he is out of the game. He comes in, and MAYBE hits a few shots, but his man dominates him on the other end. RM has run set plays for Cody, coming right out of a few minute stretch where he rested and he STILL misses (grant it that one went in and somehow jumped out, but a miss nonetheless).

If Cody played last night, we would have score a bit more but given up much more. This year's Cody Ellis is NOTHING like kid we saw last year come out of the gates. Yeah, he knows the system better, but he has not provided a spark what-so-ever!

What have you been watching??