Game Thoughts Austin Peay

bk18

That Jackass from Baylor beats his girlfriend. She says they were "playing" and he gets a 3 game suspension.

Our guys get proven innocent by cops over a drunk SLU.t and they get tossed out of school.

W.T.F. Mate?

well go buy a green sweatshirt and root for baylor if you think that is good.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well go buy a green sweatshirt and root for baylor if you think that is good.

"Maybe" by Roar

a poem to roy.

Maybe I WILL buy a green sweatshirt.

Maybe I put that green sweatshirt on.

Maybe I will find a girl who has a Red Sweatshirt on.

Maybe we have Christmas color sex up and down pine street.

Maybe she regrets it the next morning.

I wont. I wont.

Maybe I get brought up in student court.

Whatever.

Maybe I buy her some plan b.

Maybe I dont.

Maybe she is preggers.

Maybe the baby wins the baby race.

Victory.

see what happens when you encourage the buying of green sweaters?

actually my faith and fanship has been renewed with the happenings over the last few weeks. i think it is refreshing that saint louis university didnt cater to the star athlete and did the right thing. damn right i am disappointed that our team will likely suffer losses this season it would not have had the incident not happened. but the fact is the players used extremely poor judgement and made a huge mistake. there are consequences for bad decisions. kwamaine apparently is manning up and doing the right things to make a return. i admire that. and in the long run kwamaine mitchell might be a better person because of the school's decision. basketball shouldnt be all of our top priorities in this situation.

one thing i just dont get is the anger towards slu. saint louis university was in a lose lose situation. and all in all, i think they did what had to be done. was the process completely fair? by all accounts there were issues. but this isnt a due process situation and saint louis university is a private institution that gets to decide you gets the ultimate priviledge of being a billiken. be it a basketball player or a nursing major. it is a privledge and not a right. and if they want to make up the rules as they go along so be it. imo, while the process might have been flawed, the end result was right.

i keep asking, considering the explosiveness of the situation, why did biondi, may and majerus even let this get to a "student court"? had punishment been doled out in may, in all likelihood this never even gets to a court made up of students and academics to decide. why put the decision in anyone else's hands?

but bottom line, the real anger shouldnt be directed at saint louis university. it should be directed at the players that made the bad decisions. hopefully those same athletes are growing up enough to realize their mistake, do the right thing to be readmitted to saint louis university and the team goes on. if not, their loss. i will be rooting like crazy for the rest of the team that played hard last night and imo showed enough potential to have hope.

For a guy that prides himself on being consistent and a morally righteous person I can't believe you just its OK for SLU to bend the rules and the process as long as the ends justify the means. The rules are the rules are the rules and if two athletes are going to be severely punished for breaking the rules, the exact smae rules had better be followed in prosecuting them. And they clearly weren't.

actually my faith and fanship has been renewed with the happenings over the last few weeks. i think it is refreshing that saint louis university didnt cater to the star athlete and did the right thing. damn right i am disappointed that our team will likely suffer losses this season it would not have had the incident not happened. but the fact is the players used extremely poor judgement and made a huge mistake. there are consequences for bad decisions. kwamaine apparently is manning up and doing the right things to make a return. i admire that. and in the long run kwamaine mitchell might be a better person because of the school's decision. basketball shouldnt be all of our top priorities in this situation.

one thing i just dont get is the anger towards slu. saint louis university was in a lose lose situation. and all in all, i think they did what had to be done. was the process completely fair? by all accounts there were issues. but this isnt a due process situation and saint louis university is a private institution that gets to decide you gets the ultimate priviledge of being a billiken. be it a basketball player or a nursing major. it is a privledge and not a right. and if they want to make up the rules as they go along so be it. imo, while the process might have been flawed, the end result was right.

i keep asking, considering the explosiveness of the situation, why did biondi, may and majerus even let this get to a "student court"? had punishment been doled out in may, in all likelihood this never even gets to a court made up of students and academics to decide. why put the decision in anyone else's hands?

but bottom line, the real anger shouldnt be directed at saint louis university. it should be directed at the players that made the bad decisions. hopefully those same athletes are growing up enough to realize their mistake, do the right thing to be readmitted to saint louis university and the team goes on. if not, their loss. i will be rooting like crazy for the rest of the team that played hard last night and imo showed enough potential to have hope.

Speculation, Broy.

1)what did the two players do to deserve suspensions? Be specific.

2)why did the female who left SLU have a paid attorney (against court rules) allowed in the session. Be specific.

RL just proved what I said earlier about him in earlier posts, should not be out on the floor he is terrible, the offense did not run good with him in there, no matter what u guys say, he is a terrible defender and terrible rebounder/box out defender. He shot 2 air ball threes, We got an 8 point lead w/o him in there then they put him back in and bye bye lead.

I just cut to the point of your post. You are dead wrong that the anger should not have been placed at SLU's doorstep. They told us to be patient while Majerus built a contender, and because of this enigmatic "Student Conduct Code", we have to wait longer. And to what end? Last night. Losing like that is far worse for the program than what happens off the court.

Roy this thing should have been handled in May and you know it. It puts everybody in limbo until the day before practice starts. that's not fair to anybody including the present team that you have so much hope for. The admin handled this thing like a parking ticket at best. If they really had interest in a major basketball program they would have handled this in the spring, either found innocent or guilty. They don't give a crap about a "top fifty program". Why do they keep saying it. I'm surprised RM is still here frankly. SLU will be a mediocre program forever becuase they don't know what it takes to be a top 50 team, like spending money for additonal needs of the coach. etc> I'm just sayin.

I used to be like you. I used to assume that just about everyone who was accused was guilty. I've learned that is not the case.

SLU mishandled this thing badly in many many areas. They should know better. They are training people in communications, law, public administration and they can't even get basic things right? That's pathetic. That's why I'm mad.

By the time the conference games start, I believe Jett and McCall will be averaging double figures along with Ellis. Loe will have to average double figures if he is going to get a lot of minutes or else he won't be of much value to the team until he gets stronger on the boards. I believe he will eventually become very good once he gets used to the speed and toughness of the game in the US. We have got to have stronger board work or it will be a long season.

You have to be crazy if you think all of those guys are going to average double figures. Last year we had three players in double figures: Mitchell 15.9, Reed 12.9 and Ellis at 10.5.

Cassity will be the leading scorer and in double figures, Ellis might be close but after that I think that we will a bunch of players averaging in the area of 6 and 8.

If you take Cassity, the three you said that is over 40 points already without Loe who sounds like you think will be close to dub figures and that is about 50 right there. Not sure what team you have been watching but this team only scores in the 60s, not in the 80s and 90s where it is possible to have 4 or 5 guys in double figures so you need to reevaluate your math model cause it is inaccurate

Anybody hear what Majerus/Moser had to say after the game? Did they even give interviews?

i waited outside the stadium for about 5 minutes. i noticed some players had already left the arena. I didnt notice that ever last year. i think it was a "just leave i dont have anything to say" kind of night for RickMa

Eastside I agree handle in may. Who could have done that? Majerus and/or may. If they had issued stern punishment then good chance it goes away. Instead I guess they thought they could skate through with nothing. Never leave it someone elses hands if infact you can control your own destiny.

Eastside I agree handle in may. Who could have done that? Majerus and/or may. If they had issued stern punishment then good chance it goes away. Instead I guess they thought they could skate through with nothing. Never leave it someone elses hands if infact you can control your own destiny.

"Correction" Destiny is uncontrollable, so how can u control it if its destiny.... Sorry but thats the worst phrase of all time ;)

As for those two, stop blaming the "kangaroo court." Bottom line is these players put themselves in a bad situation and made less than intelligent choices. The admnistration didn't put them in that situation. You need to move on. Maybe they come back the second half of the year, maybe they don't. You will still win games. And next year you lose no one and add John Manning, another tall frontcourt player.

No one's denying they were lacking in judgement that night, but what normal average college kid doesn't have lapses in good judgement? What has most of us upset was the alleged way in which SLU handled the court/trial. It seemed like a stacked deck with the two players having to prove their innocence to the court rather than the other way around. And a lot of us aren't convinced nothing happened beyond a drunk young lady with connections having serious regrets about her actions that night and sought a way to protect her reputation. But enough of this. It is what it is and we are what we are, which is a pretty mediocre basketball team at this point. We can only hope our young talent develops quickly so we can see signs of progress so we can start uttering the dreaded "wait until next year" cliche..

I love college basketball and my Billikens as much as anyone on this board, but dude, there are many pure pleasures in life and it's time for you to enjoy some of them. The cold Bud Select in my hand last night, for one. Three of my kids sitting next to me at the game, for another. The band ruled as usual; how can my buddy Perry's range get better after fifty? Watching the Chinese acrobat lady was definitely pure pleasure. Our great season has been stolen from us, and I am ultra-pissed, but it is time to get off the ledge.

Of course I have many passions in life which bring me great happiness from my successes, but I there are only a few that don't affect me personally when they don't go well. Basketball is one of them. If we win, it's a great day. If we lose, I'm upset for a bit, but oh well, life goes on. See you next week. I'm not going to let any kangeroo court take that away.

And yes, Bowl Lady is incredible. One of my favorite acts.

I love college basketball and my Billikens as much as anyone on this board, but dude, there are many pure pleasures in life and it's time for you to enjoy some of them. The cold Bud Select in my hand last night, for one. Three of my kids sitting next to me at the game, for another. The band ruled as usual; how can my buddy Perry's range get better after fifty? Watching the Chinese acrobat lady was definitely pure pleasure. Our great season has been stolen from us, and I am ultra-pissed, but it is time to get off the ledge.

Band Legend - I suggest you get back on the ledge with the rest of us and remain there for the balance of the year as we all continue our rant against the administration. And no one wants to hear about your kids especially when 2 of them are seating in my seats while I have to miss the opener. Now give us some vitriol!

You have to be crazy if you think all of those guys are going to average double figures. Last year we had three players in double figures: Mitchell 15.9, Reed 12.9 and Ellis at 10.5.

Cassity will be the leading scorer and in double figures, Ellis might be close but after that I think that we will a bunch of players averaging in the area of 6 and 8.

If you take Cassity, the three you said that is over 40 points already without Loe who sounds like you think will be close to dub figures and that is about 50 right there. Not sure what team you have been watching but this team only scores in the 60s, not in the 80s and 90s where it is possible to have 4 or 5 guys in double figures so you need to reevaluate your math model cause it is inaccurate

I said four players would average double figures. I also said in order for Loe to help the team he needs to average double figures. We could have four players average double figures for a total of forty to forty five points a game from the four and stiil average as a team in the sixties You need to re-evaluate your math.

Band Legend - I suggest you get back on the ledge with the rest of us and remain there for the balance of the year as we all continue our rant against the administration. And no one wants to hear about your kids especially when 2 of them are seating in my seats while I have to miss the opener. Now give us some vitriol!

Let me direct my vitriol at Broy. If I have to read any more of his sanctimonious crap on this board before the next game I'm going to drink two red Sparks, two lemon stinger Sparks, have a couple of jumbo beers in the first half with some extra jalapeno nachos, and at halftime I'm going to track him down and shower him with a load of technicolor regurgitated goo. Who made him our moral compass? I'm sure I'll get some righteous indignation back in return, but I don't really care. And his constant supposition that Majerus could've done something to head this off is a gigantic load of B.S. They screwed him the hardest of all in this whole deal.

[quote name='billiken_roy' timestamp='1289676856' post='2

thatI that is bs and you know it Roy. if you thi..nk May and or Rm run that university you are dumber than i thought. Rm and or May could have given stiff punishment for what happened and they still would have waited until the day before practice to bring down sthe hammer. the University does not give a damn and you know it but won'st admit it. that's why they hired Sodey. they can kiss my ass, to make a decision as crucial as this one smells like dollar signs to me Roy, not the basketball program, and i reiterate, it doesn't matter if they were guilty or not. if the decision is made in may by the admin., then everything is much clearer for the team that you support and the coaches which you support when it's convenient for you.

Speculation, Broy.

1)what did the two players do to deserve suspensions? Be specific.

2)why did the female who left SLU have a paid attorney (against court rules) allowed in the session. Be specific.

MB73, since Roy hasn't responded yet to your post (but he has responded to others in this thread) I think its fair to say he can't be specific and thus will ignore you. Here's what his argument likely is.

1) He's got some inside info that he can't share that what the players did was "really" bad. Of course, anyone with a brain would question what inside info anyone could have unless it came directly from one of the 4 participants or the cops. He also seems to believe in guilt by association (i.e. the mere fact there was an accusation implies guilt).

2) He doesn't care that SLU broke their own rules during the hearing. As he said in the post you responded to, he believes the ends (the suspensions) justified the means. Apparently SLU really can change the rules as it goes.