1380 AM Reed Sr.

jbizzle09

Willie's dad is on the radio again right now. This time on 1380.

Caught the end of the conversation, Chet Pleban was on with Slaten and Reed Sr. Said they have had contact from 22 schools since last night. If he can enroll at some of the schools by Monday, he would be eligible to play at the start of next season. If not than it would be after 1st semester.

Willie's dad is on the radio again right now. This time on 1380.

Say what you want about him, but the man is a PR machine. Maybe when this is all over, he can come work for the athletic department's marketing team.

Caught the end of the conversation, Chet Pleban was on with Slaten and Reed Sr. Said they have had contact from 22 schools since last night. If he can enroll at some of the schools by Monday, he would be eligible to play at the start of next season. If not than it would be after 1st semester.

SLU Law Alum.

Should be interesting.

So if I understand correctly Willie is willing to sit out a year, rather than comeback and play in January?

Sounds like something else is going on here.

You're probably right. The something else is he feels like his school didn't look after his rights as diligently as they looked after the rights of a close friend of a huge donor.

-Thanks for the answers

-i am guessing slaten was anti-SLU?

I only heard the last half, but it came across to me that Slaten was anti-SLU. But it is Slaten, after all, take from that what you will. I have to agree that Willie Sr. knows how to work the media. He is definitely making a case that Willie got the short end of the stick from SLU. This can be a PR nightmare for SLU and its ability to recruit players in the future. I really think this is just the tip of the iceberg and I really don't see Willie Sr. stopping anytime soon.

They said the accuser was sending her boyfriend text messages during the alleged incident. What the hell is that about? Everyone is questioning the players' judgement, but the accuser seems to have some questionable behavior too.

Something is rotten in Denmark, and it smells like once again $$$ takes precendence at SLU.

They said the accuser was sending her boyfriend text messages during the alleged incident. What the hell is that about? Everyone is questioning the players' judgement, but the accuser seems to have some questionable behavior too.

Something is rotten in Denmark, and it smells like once again $$$ takes precendence at SLU.

How would you like to get that text from your girlfirend?

Boyfriend: "what are you doing"

Girlfriend: "Remember the other night when you were flirting with the bank cashier?"

Boyfriend: "yeah sorry about that"

Girlfriend "well palybacks a *****, Im getting gang banged by the basketball team right now. TTYL LOL :P "

How would you like to get that text from your girlfirend?

Boyfriend: "what are you doing"

Girlfriend: "Remember the other night when you were flirting with the bank cashier?"

Boyfriend: "yeah sorry about that"

Girlfriend "well palybacks a *****, Im getting gang banged by the basketball team right now. TTYL LOL :P "

+++++ Hope Daddy read or heard that comment. Sounds like a little angel doesn't she?

I only heard the last half, but it came across to me that Slaten was anti-SLU. But it is Slaten, after all, take from that what you will. I have to agree that Willie Sr. knows how to work the media. He is definitely making a case that Willie got the short end of the stick from SLU. This can be a PR nightmare for SLU and its ability to recruit players in the future. I really think this is just the tip of the iceberg and I really don't see Willie Sr. stopping anytime soon.

This could also hurt in hiring a big name coach if RM leaves and PM does not get or want the job.

Totally is. The dude is smooth and seems pretty intelligent.

Maybe I was using complete stereotypes, but for some reason I expected Willie Jr. to be the kind of person that doesn't appear to be very intelligent when he speaks to people. I kind of expected him to sound like Willie McGee, who as much of a beloved STL sports figure as he was, was never very articulate. Anyway, I made it a point to watch the press conference videos that Nate would put up on his site, and Willie Jr. actually was very articulate in those videos. He always looked directly at the individual asking the question, would give what appeared to be a good response.

I also expected Willie Sr. to be the foaming at the mouth sort of this guy who will just talk until no one wants to hear him anymore. I haven't heard the 1380 Slaten audio, but did see the KSDK video, and as others have mentioned, Willie Sr. seems to have it together as well. It will do wonders for making their claims seem very plausible.

Maybe I was using complete stereotypes, but for some reason I expected Willie Jr. to be the kind of person that doesn't appear to be very intelligent when he speaks to people. I kind of expected him to sound like Willie McGee, who as much of a beloved STL sports figure as he was, was never very articulate. Anyway, I made it a point to watch the press conference videos that Nate would put up on his site, and Willie Jr. actually was very articulate in those videos. He always looked directly at the individual asking the question, would give what appeared to be a good response.

I also expected Willie Sr. to be the foaming at the mouth sort of this guy who will just talk until no one wants to hear him anymore. I haven't heard the 1380 Slaten audio, but did see the KSDK video, and as others have mentioned, Willie Sr. seems to have it together as well. It will do wonders for making their claims seem very plausible.

-you forget he was a communications major at SLU so he received some top notch instruction!!!!

-you forget he was a communications major at SLU so he received some top notch instruction!!!!

I knew that, and it made since at the time, but I was still impressed with his demeanor in those things. Only other player that could have appeared better was Kyle Cassity. Don't recall if Conklin was ever there and how he came across, but I'd say that Willie definitely was paying attention in Public Speaking.