Channel 5 News

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't SLU a Catholic institution? What are their teachings on the subject? I don't think Roy is saying anything different than what the church teaches. Are you saying their teachings are false?

SLU "welcomes students, faculty and staff from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds and beliefs." Not everyone at this school is catholic, nor does everyone at the school have the same beliefs as catholics. Individuals can believe what they want when it comes to religion, I've got no problem with that, but don't expect everyone to at the school to follow the Catholic teachings.

SLU "welcomes students, faculty and staff from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds and beliefs." Not everyone at this school is catholic, nor does everyone at the school have the same beliefs as catholics. Individuals can believe what they want when it comes to religion, I've got no problem with that, but don't expect everyone to at the school to follow the Catholic teachings.

I mean you can argue all day whether or not it's moral to be with a coed at 3am or not, but regardless it was clearly an error in judgement. Nowadays it's way too easy for athletes to derail their careers with stupid decisions like this one.

I mean you can argue all day whether or not it's moral to be with a coed at 3am or not, but regardless it was clearly an error in judgement. Nowadays it's way too easy for athletes to derail their careers with stupid decisions like this one.

To summarize their actions:

Illegal: To be determined

Stupid: Yes

Immoral: Depends on who you ask.

Are you trying to say that a private institution doesn't have core values? The university, if they choose has every right to set up standards for conduct if they choose.

It seems like the only ones you don't have tolerance for, are the ones who actually try to adhere to the teachings of the church. Roy, gave his opinion, and was ridiculed. It just surprises me how little regard many Catholics have for their own teachings.

It just surprises me how little regard many Catholics have for their own teachings.

Probably because the Catholic church itself fails to live up to its own teachings on morality.

And Roy did more than give his own opinions.

Pedro: Ah, Jesus [pronounced hey-SOOS], I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.

Eddie: You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

Jake: Let's not start a holy war now.

Are you trying to say that a private institution doesn't have core values? The university, if they choose has every right to set up standards for conduct if they choose.

It seems like the only ones you don't have tolerance for, are the ones who actually try to adhere to the teachings of the church. Roy, gave his opinion, and was ridiculed. It just surprises me how little regard many Catholics have for their own teachings.

Forgive me for I have sinned.

Someone may have already mentioned this, but doesn't the law in Missouri state that a girl can't give consent if she has been drinking? In other words if a girl wants to claim rape after the fact, just because she had a few drinks in her, she can? I may be wrong on this, but I believe that is the case.

I don't mean for this to be directed right at this situation seeing how we don't know what happened, I am just curious.

Someone may have already mentioned this, but doesn't the law in Missouri state that a girl can't give consent if she has been drinking? In other words if a girl wants to claim rape after the fact, just because she had a few drinks in her, she can? I may be wrong on this, but I believe that is the case.

I don't mean for this to be directed right at this situation seeing how we don't know what happened, I am just curious.

I can't imagine that's true. The same would have to hold true for a guy.

Slumors? That's a classic. I see how you did that. A pun or play on words...hahha

This is what bothers me about a lot of people on this board. You are so naive and think you know everything.

Remember how 2 ex players were questioned? What do you think their role in this was in this. Bet if you knew what it was and who st slu informed me of the info you would look at things differently then one of your *** ass slumors

Thats what people still call them today.

I don't think we think we know everything. Which is why nobody has really come out and said kick these kids out of school. We want to make sure that they are guilty or at least there is enough evidence to warrant charges. I am not so naive as to believe members of this team were involved in something. I'm just not sure there was anything criminal. Maybe it was immoral in some peoples eyes. Was it criminal? Maybe, maybe not. We all are just waiting to see.

I didn't mean for it to seem like it was strictly like that for girls lol. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure.

Well then, if it was for both girls and guys no one could give consent after a couple of drinks. I'll be away from my computer this afternoon, I have a few civil suits to file.

Probably because the Catholic church itself fails to live up to its own teachings on morality.

And Roy did more than give his own opinions.

what would that "more" consist of? thanks in advance.

I can't imagine that's true. The same would have to hold true for a guy.

When I was at SLU that was the policy on campus and I knew someone expelled from the University because of it. Does anyone know if that is still the case? I am sure there are posters on this board that are current students that are aware of the University's rules concerning rape. That is why I do not see this ending even if the SLMPD decides not to file charges. These individuals may not face criminal charges, but I have to imagine they will go through a University hearing.

what would that "more" consist of? thanks in advance.

These aren't just statements of opinion.

"you are so wrong. the players were wrong."

"they shouldnt be together in anyone's room at 3 am by themselves. so yes it is improper."

-post #87