Possible Bad News...

If what is being said within some circles of people is true this will be a huge blow to the program. I understand we can't tell at this point what are rumors and what aren't, but this could be damaging.

I found it interesting in that most recent article that it doesn't seem too much like they're going to file charges. I guess I'm making an assumption there but I feel like at this point if they had a clear cut situation, they would know for sure.

This sounds ominous, "huge blow to the program." I applaud our student posters, who are obviously hearing names, for not posting them.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the big time! Transfers. Over-recruiting. Higher ticket prices. No decent home games. Recruiting stature. Police records.

Please remember no one is guilty until proven as such. Having two daughters of my own at 22 and 19, as a father, I would hunt these guys down and kill them. Of course, I'd also try to balance thw whole situation as well. If charges are filed, I think discipline must be rendered, I don't care if the perp is the President of the united States in a hall closet with a cigar and a willing intern ---- against the law is against the law. Rothlesberger has been "priviledged" for what, ten years now?????? A sense of entitlement dominates there. I give him a year and this time next year, he'll be at it again. Habits like those are hard to change.

They are essentially kids masquerading as adults. Even with all the crap flying in their world --- Rothlesberger, Michael Irving, Santonio Holmes, Tiger, Michael Vick, PacMan Jones, Maurice clarett -- I'll betcha everyone still say "aw, shucks, that won't happen to me."

For all I did in college back then --- in today's world, me and some buddies of mine would probably be in jail now.

From what I've read in the last few years all of our current players have no history of getting into trouble. If all that is accurate and these are the "good kids" they have been portrayed as, this may be more of an alcohol induced "misunderstanding" which can be pretty dicey in this day and age, but still damn tough to prosecute. Hence, based on the little info available and a few assumptions about college age behavior, I don't see a great likelihood of charges. No charges and it all blows over. Perhaps with gale force winds, but it does blow over.

So lets wait to see if there are charges. If this is a situation where everyone agrees who had sex with who and the only issue is consent I would suspect the investigation is complete assume they would present this to the prosecuting attorney's office today. If we make it through the day without charges that would be a good sign.

However, if consent isn't the only issue they may have gather DNA and run tests, this could go on for a few weeks until we know.

It doesn't take a big time program to have issues with police records. Look at semo and st. Bomaventure.

Welcome to the big time! Transfers. Over-recruiting. Higher ticket prices. No decent home games. Recruiting stature. Police records.

Please remember no one is guilty until proven as such. Having two daughters of my own at 22 and 19, as a father, I would hunt these guys down and kill them. Of course, I'd also try to balance thw whole situation as well. If charges are filed, I think discipline must be rendered, I don't care if the perp is the President of the united States in a hall closet with a cigar and a willing intern ---- against the law is against the law. Rothlesberger has been "priviledged" for what, ten years now?????? A sense of entitlement dominates there. I give him a year and this time next year, he'll be at it again. Habits like those are hard to change.

They are essentially kids masquerading as adults. Even with all the crap flying in their world --- Rothlesberger, Michael Irving, Santonio Holmes, Tiger, Michael Vick, PacMan Jones, Maurice clarett -- I'll betcha everyone still say "aw, shucks, that won't happen to me."

For all I did in college back then --- in today's world, me and some buddies of mine would probably be in jail now.

Looks like Andy Strickland will be making note of the alleged incident during his segment with Cusumano on 590 @ 11:30 am.

He just tweeted:

I'm shocked the Saint Louis University players who were questioned by police following an alleged assault of a 20 yr old female has been so quiet...tune into the Daily Buzz around 11:30 this morning on 590 the fan KFNS for the latest details.

Looks like Andy Strickland will be making note of the alleged incident during his segment with Cusumano on 590 @ 11:30 am.

He just tweeted:

I'm shocked the Saint Louis University players who were questioned by police following an alleged assault of a 20 yr old female has been so quiet...tune into the Daily Buzz around 11:30 this morning on 590 the fan KFNS for the latest details.

Well this is going to be a fun day. I really hope its not the 2 players that I have heard.

It doesn't take a big time program to have issues with police records. Look at semo and st. Bomaventure.

and you can run, what many consider, the cleanest program in america and still have problems. see joe paterno and penn state and the problems they've had over the past decade. this incident over the weekend is not a reflection on the school or the program. it is a reflection on the people involved, plain and simple. neither slu nor majerus have a reputation for this type of thing.

He just tweeted:

Andy Strickland? What credentials does he have and why does he only talk about the Bills when we have a kid who possibly can't get in school or is accused of something. Is it too hard to follow the team and talk about the Lisch's and others who are exemplary in school and on the court?

590's news update included a statement that "590's own Andy Strickland has discovered that as many as 3 or 4 SLU basketball players were questioned...."

Terrific, of all the people to break this story to the public, it's Strickland, who we all know, has no issue stretching rumor into truth.

Andy Strickland? What credentials does he have and why does he only talk about the Bills when we have a kid who possibly can't get in school or is accused of something. Is it too hard to follow the team and talk about the Lisch's and others who are exemplary in school and on the court?

Never heard the guy, but based on what's been posted here about him over the last 4-5 years, he's a s**t stirrer who's wrong more than he's right and known to shoot from the hip. Wouldn't put too much stock in whatever he's got to say about this alleged incident.

Going overboard here... 1,000 possibilities.

Kids might have been over WAY over intoxicated, woman said "yes" or even more likely didn't say anything until too late... then someone discovers them, she cries, she denies, someone calls the police. Was it consentual? That happens a LOT these days. Sexual assault? Is it?

Will charges by gal be dropped? Will police press charges if she does not drop the charges herself?

May not be as ugly as all fear.

Or it might be worse than we fear, too.

Delay is good IMO, perhaps it is overblown situation, everyone involved attempting to get story in order to release to the public.

590's news update included a statement that "590's own Andy Strickland has discovered that as many as 3 or 4 SLU basketball players were questioned...."

Terrific, of all the people to break this story to the public, it's Strickland, who we all know, has no issue stretching rumor into truth.

Anybody who frequents this board or walked around campus yesterday and asked students what they knew/heard would have heard this. Nice investigative reporting Strickland. I could do your job blindfolded.

Never heard the guy, but based on what's been posted here about him over the last 4-5 years, he's a s**t stirrer who's wrong more than he's right and known to shoot from the hip. Wouldn't put too much stock in whatever he's got to say about this alleged incident.

The thing is, I've got a feeling that Strickland is getting his info from here and going forward with it. When it comes to SLU, he's been more wrong than right over the years. That being said, there's probably some truth to all that is being said, so for me, I'm just concerned about what details he gives. Will he provide names based on some inside source? It's concerning because he has shown that he has no problem taking some secondary source as fact and running with it.

I agree.

For the record I would love to kick Strickland in the nuts, I cant stand the guy.

But Im pretty sure even he wouldnt stoop so low as to say players were involved unless he knew for sure.

This isnt good. If it was 3 or 4 players atleast 2 of them were probably big contributors to the team.

What happened to the days when a college athlete could get laid strictly for being a college athlete?

Now would be the time to head over to Francis Xavier and light a candle for the young woman who was assaulted and hope she is ok. The fact no one is even concerned for her well-being is disgusting.

Who says assault occurred? If I pray for anyone I will pray for everyone involved in this situation.

According to a girl who says it happened. I prefer criminal charge reports over first reports sorry.

You must be the dean of the SLU Journalism School that doesn't exist. Congrats on the appointment.

So you're saying KSDK doesn't have a police scanner that alerts them to criminal activity in the metro area?

Do they just rely on the Bat Signal??

Now would be the time to head over to Francis Xavier and light a candle for the young woman who was assaulted and hope she is ok. The fact no one is even concerned for her well-being is disgusting.

We have no idea at this point what exactly happened.

We have no idea at this point what exactly happened.

That's what I'm saying. It's the court of Law not court of public opinion. Just because the news says that Police are investigating a sexual assault it is still an alleged sexual assault. Quit reading between the lines.