Possible Bad News...

Worst case scenario, as we all have seen lately, is that RM will have 2 more scholarships open up... B)

As bad of a situation as this clearly is, this post is one of my favorites in a while. Hell looks like Bradley Beal and Ben McLemore are on their way now that we have the scholarships lol.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As bad of a situation as this clearly is, this post is one of my favorites in a while. Hell looks like Bradley Beal and Ben McLemore are on their way now that we have the scholarships lol.

Well, if it is indeed a couple of players, Biondi and RM won't tolerate it. Sexual assault is bad no matter who committed the crime be it an athlete, a regular student, or some Joe Whacko Pervert off the street. Of course, if it turns out to be players the notoriety and sensationalism factor sells more papers, creates more internet hits, and won't go away anytime soon. And it shouldn't it since a young woman's been violated. Expectations at this point, if indeed players were involved, would be a quick, dirty, and ignoble exit from SLU. The assumption/right of innocent until proven guilty will most likely not apply in this case. A dark day for the SLU community as a whole no matter who's involved.

Well, if it is indeed a couple of players, Biondi and RM won't tolerate it. Sexual assault is bad no matter who committed the crime be it an athlete, a regular student, or some Joe Whacko Pervert off the street. Of course, if it turns out to be players the notoriety and sensationalism factor sells more papers, creates more internet hits, and won't go away anytime soon. And it shouldn't it since a young woman's been violated. Expectations at this point, if indeed players were involved, would be a quick, dirty, and ignoble exit from SLU. The assumption/right of innocent until proven guilty will most likely not apply in this case. A dark day for the SLU community as a whole no matter who's involved.

Are you saying that the woman can just file an assualt claim and that's it, the guys are "goners", no credible witness issues, facts, proof, etc, the law does not apply? What if charges are not even filed by the police?

Are you saying that the woman can just file an assualt claim and that's it, the guys are "goners", no credible witness issues, facts, proof, etc, the law does not apply? What if charges are not even filed by the police?

Yes - there are false claims made as well as true ones - see the Duke situation, Steven Jackson, Big Ben - it goes on.

Yes - there are false claims made as well as true ones - see the Duke situation, Steven Jackson, Big Ben - it goes on.

Yes, false claims all over the place vs. athletes... if, for example, the police drop the charges (perhaps the witness/victim was not "credible", and the boys stories were "credible"), is SLU72 saying that he thinks Biondi will throw them off the team and campus anyway?

Well, look at the BRothlesberger case. No charges... six game suspension. Granted, he had the Nevada thing over his head, but that's yet to be proved as well. It's all about image these days so my guess is RM and Biondi will take the slant, nothing good happens after 1:00pm and you're highly recognizable reps of the school. As such, it's implied you are held to a higher standard. Still, you're right mb, I should have added, "if charged". If charged would imply there's evidence and maybe a witness. If they are charged, I would expect SLU to act quickly and not wait for a trial. They would want to disassociate SLU, and the hoops program, from the defendants ASAP. Is it right? Not in an ideal world. Is it in the best interests of the institution? Probably, but you be the judge since the basic themes of Christianity are forgiveness and redemption. However, in this case forgiveness and redemption would appear as SLU coddling the athlete. Hopefully, no players are involved. Hopefully, no crime was committed by anyone. Hopefully, this young woman either has an over active imagination or was drunk out of her mind and her claims are found to be completely without merit or cause.

Actually, in the Duke case charges were filed by the whacko prosecutor. As for Big Ben, Goodell's showing he's not tolerating even the hint or rumor of a player's misdeeds. He's out to enhance his product's image come hell or highwater. I would think his position will be shared by RM and Biondi. If the charges prove false, but there are players involved, they will be dealt with harshly for simply putting themselves in this position... maybe not termination, but they will miss some games and be put on triple secret probabtion at the least.

All I know is that somebody reported that two of our transfers and two of our starters were involved and taken into custody. We know who transfers were and the implication of two starters has been made. He also went on to say that the two starters involved were stars and that we should sell our season tickets if they are found guilty.

Those are very, very strong accusations and all but comes out and names players. If this person's posts do not come out to be true I hope this person is banned from this board for life. I hope his IP address is banned for life. This situation is nothing to be playing around with and the reputation of young men were put on the line.

Once again I pray none of the accusations are true involving any of our players and I hope this situation is resolved soon.

Actually, in the Duke case charges were filed by the whacko prosecutor. As for Big Ben, Goodell's showing he's not tolerating even the hint or rumor of a player's misdeeds. He's out to enhance his product's image come hell or highwater. I would think his position will be shared by RM and Biondi. If the charges prove false, but there are players involved, they will be dealt with harshly for simply putting themselves in this position... maybe not termination, but they will miss some games and be put on triple secret probabtion at the least.

Yes but the charges in the Duke case were dropped after the evidence did not stand up - so a false claim was still filed by the women.

For-DaLove has been proven to be right since he has been posting here so I trust what he is posting. What a terrible situation.

Well, according the news releases there was only 2 students taken in for questioning - while there may have been another two at some point around the situation apparently nothing linked them to the matter so in one respect he has already been wrong.

Well, according the news releases there was only 2 students taken in for questioning - while there may have been another two at some point around the situation apparently nothing linked them to the matter so in one respect he has already been wrong.

He said it was 1 player and possibly 2 so im not sure where he was wrong

At this point we know next to nothing.

The media reported the police were involved in response to some type of sexual assault in Grand Forest Apartments.

In my experience the media is often wrong and little details like in an apartment or outside an apartment and how many people were involved can be wrong. That could make a big difference here as we know the area is fairly dangerous.

Furthermore, even if an assault charge is filed and it is against some of our players that does not mean that it actually occurred. See the Duke case. I told my wife from the very beginning to reserve judgement but she was ready to have the whole team executed. These types of situation are very very sticky. Sadly there are many false accusations of rape/sexual assault/sexual harassment made. It is unfortunate because when it does happen the accuser can be viewed with skepticism. Furthermore, even if there is some doubt you don't want to subject the accuser to undue scrutiny because they just might be a victim and that would be even more degrading. On the other hand the reputations of these men could be tarnished.

So I will wait and see and hope for the best.

ok, to the people who keep posting these suggestions of starter, not a starter, transfer, 2 players, 4 players or whatever other thing you think you know - you need to stop. i could easily name names of who has been linked to this ongoing INVESTIGATION, but that would be extremely irresponsible due to the fact that we are dealing with something very serious involving the lives of these young people. even if you think you have "insider info" or are close to the situation, like i said earlier NO ONE knows the facts. it's ridiculous that this story came out yesterday and i've already heard countless rumors that keep adding nonsensical information to them. these are peoples lives we are dealing with and whether anyone is guilty or not, rumors unfortunately have the tendency to stick with peoples names. i overheard someone on campus saying "as a SLU student and billiken fan, I have the right to know what happened." the only thing you are entitled to know at this point, is what SLU emailed to its students: someone filed a report that they were assaulted on campus and SUSPECTS were in custody. that is all that is known for sure at this point and further speculation and allegations aren't going to get us anywhere.

ok, to the people who keep posting these suggestions of starter, not a starter, transfer, 2 players, 4 players or whatever other thing you think you know - you need to stop. i could easily name names of who has been linked to this ongoing INVESTIGATION, but that would be extremely irresponsible due to the fact that we are dealing with something very serious involving the lives of these young people. even if you think you have "insider info" or are close to the situation, like i said earlier NO ONE knows the facts. it's ridiculous that this story came out yesterday and i've already heard countless rumors that keep adding nonsensical information to them. these are peoples lives we are dealing with and whether anyone is guilty or not, rumors unfortunately have the tendency to stick with peoples names. i overheard someone on campus saying "as a SLU student and billiken fan, I have the right to know what happened." the only thing you are entitled to know at this point, is what SLU emailed to its students: someone filed a report that they were assaulted on campus and SUSPECTS were in custody. that is all that is known for sure at this point and further speculation and allegations aren't going to get us anywhere.

While I mostly agree with what you said, this is a message board and people are going to put on here what they want. You can't stop them, only the moderators can ban them and I don't think anyone has broken any rules. No names have been mentioned. People are discussing rumors and if people don't like it, they shouldn't read it. This is a rollercoaster ride, and it is hard to know who to believe, so just take everything the way you want...it sucks for the five starters to be linked to this 'rumor' but that is the breaks and it will all be cleared up soon. The truth will be out eventually.

+1 but I agree with davola. I'd like them to stop but have no say in whether they do.

+1 but I agree with davola. I'd like them to stop but have no say in whether they do.

Hope you were able to finish your paper with all chatter going on!

While I mostly agree with what you said, this is a message board and people are going to put on here what they want. You can't stop them, only the moderators can ban them and I don't think anyone has broken any rules. No names have been mentioned. People are discussing rumors and if people don't like it, they shouldn't read it. This is a rollercoaster ride, and it is hard to know who to believe, so just take everything the way you want...it sucks for the five starters to be linked to this 'rumor' but that is the breaks and it will all be cleared up soon. The truth will be out eventually.

when it was said that 2 are players who are transfering, names were certainly at the very least implied.

Does anybody have an idea when some concrete news/police report typically comes out with information on these type of cases? I know this is a sticky subject so I'm assuming they wont have anything today or maybe the next couple days.