who is everyone

former_d1

I saw a thread like this one on valleytalk.net.

33 delta state grad that water skied for la tech for a couple of years. living in little rock ar working in I.T. just got down sized and moved from stl after going to most home games for the last 5 years.

see everyone at the az game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 and '02 grad from SLU (Parks). Living in Nashville, Tn while working for Vanderbilt University. Been here as an office assistant for the past 9 months and start my new job Monday as a computer systems analyst. I was in the Blue crew when it started back up in 2000, but that was the extent of my D-1 athletics (no shot-put schollie for me coming out of high school ;) ) . Hopefully I'll get back to the Lou for a few games, but am planning on attending the Ga. Tech game in ATL.

Intersting topic D-1....

Born and raised in St. Louis Missouri until about a month ago when I started attending The George Washington University in late August. I have been a Billiken fan for about 7-8 years. Before that I attended Kirkwood High School and did the who club thing. Umm.. Only real employment has been as a sales clerk at Ace Hardware in Des Peres Missouri. I had the regular role of being the SignGuy through last season, now I will only go part time. Also I dabble in web design, running a site that a bunch a wierdos happen to post on everyday. I just don't get it ;)

Steve

I also was born and lived most of my life in St. Louis. I graduated from SLU's Business school in '71 and the last place I worked in St. Louis was A-B. I moved to Seattle in '96 and after getting water logged, I moved to Palm Harbor, FL in '00. While I love Palm Harbor...I strangely count myself as a St. Louisian even though I have no desire to ever permanently move back...I am still a die hard fan of all of the St. Louis pro teams too. I became hooked as a Bills fan in the late 50's when I attended my 1st game against the Don Nelson led Iowa Hawkeyes (a Bills loss)...I had season tix to the Bills games for years before my gypsy moving around. I don't get to see near enough Billiken games living here in FL, but I do hope to attend the Georgia Tech game in Dec. I cannot wait until the new arena is completed, so I have an excuse to get to some home games. While I like the Kiel/Savvis Center, I have never thought of it as a good SLU home court. I cannot wait for this season to get started, and think very highly of our Head Coach Brad Soderberg. We will go placed under his leadership IMHO!

John

44 young. married with 2 children. grew up a sports fanatic and played basketball and softball in pretty competitive leagues until just a few years ago. graduated from slu in 82 with a ba in communications. (i am supposed to be writing radio and tv ads. strangely except for my senior internship at wibv, never did any radio and tv work.) been a mortgage broker/banker for 10 years. have been rabidly following the billikens since my college days (ekkertime!) a billiken club member since the douglas/gray era. i am hoping my son goes on to slu to play baseball and my daughter ends up there playing softball.

40, born and raised a Forty niner/SF Giants, fan in Northern California, came out to St. Louis in 1988 for Med School, long story short is I met my wife here and St. Louis Girls just will not leave! SLU MEDHEAD 1992. Started Following the Bills in Grawers last year even went to a game against Santa Clara in San Jose over Christmas Break. When Charlie took over what struck me was that the players were having fun. Oh and for you St Louis Folks I went to Bellarmine in San Jose for high School. (similar to SLU high)

23, SLU grad (Parks, 03). Lived (once or twice) and died (repeatedly) for 5 years with the Billikens as a member of the Greatest Band on Earth. Returned to my roots in the Kansas City area after graduation (but now in Phoenix for training), working as a claims rep for Progressive Insurance. Very excited about the future of Billiken Athletics, and looking forward to returning to STL for weekend games this coming season.

sluwx said, "I've been taught that your job performance is measured by the effectiveness of your successors."

if you ever have management aspirations, those are great words to live by. surround yourself with people that can do your job and they will carry you to the top. if they show you the door instead, that would not be the place to work anyway. good luck!

42 tommorrow No college degree just a huge college sports fan. Started attending Bills games in 90 when I got out of the Air Force and moved to STL. due to my lifelong love of the Cardinals (baseball)

Grew up in Dallas and LA ... went in to the Air force in 82 for 8 years. I now own a small car lot in South St.Louis. Got married (again) in June of this year and now have 2 stepdaughters 8 and 12.

I started attending Billiken Soccer and Basketball games in 90 and just got hooked ...been a Billiken Club member since 94 -95 season. and most important of all I love Billikens.com

My real name is Jim Hoffman ... Skip is due to the name of my car lot.

40, SLU grad: BSBA 1985, JD/MBA 1992. Attorney. Billiken fan since 1981 (basketball fan after Ekker was gone). I'm looking forward to the Soderburgh years--he's done an outstanding job so far. I have four children, and unless SLU has a good financial aid program, I don't see it in their future.

SLUH '93, SLU A&S '96, SLU Law '99--a SLU "triple jumper."

I have been working as a corporate attorney for a downtown St. Louis law firm for over four years. I was married late last year to a fellow lawyer and SLU grad (bus '94); we do not yet have children.

I started going to Billiken games with my father about the time I began walking and talking. Although I am relatively inconspicuous at games, regular Billiken basketball attendees have probably seen or heard my father loudly voicing his displeasure with various coaches, referees, players, other fans, and anyone else worthy of his emotions and attention.

Right before I started law school, I taught myself how to build a website and created the old AOL "billikenboard." A few years ago, I was very happy to turn things over to the much more capable Signguy.

I would love to see everyone on this board get together for a beer or two before or after one of the games this year.

I second the idea about everyone getting together for a beer before a game. We should include where we sit in this post... maybe some of us are sitting close and don't know it

I sit in 105 Row C seats 10 and 11 ... You can usually hear me .. I try to help the refs out whenever I can ... which seems to be frequently

BS in Economics from the old School of Commerce and Finance in '72. Originally from Maine. Believe it or not fell in love with the Billikens when they played the Vinnie Ernst led Providence Friars in either the 59-60 NIT. Don't know why because they lost. Attended almost every home Billiken game while at SLU with a die hard group of hoops junkies and made a few road trips as well. It was sad seeing only 3,000 of us in the old arena, but have fond memories of some great games like the year we almost beat ND who was led by Austin Carr. Worked in the Logistics field for +25 years, mostly in Ohio. Finally decided to semi-retire in Charleston, SC (fell in love with it on Golf trips). Now own my own Logistics firm, which is a little more than a part time job. Can't play golf everyday, can you? Also, working on a second career that has always been a dream of mine to do. Married (not the first time) and have two grown up kids who were both baptized at St.X church by Father Boland. Will be attending the Charlotte game and hope to make Atlanta for GT. When I was in Ohio went to see the Bills play X, UC, UL, and one time Dayton. This board has been a saviour for my Billiken fixation. Up until two years ago, the most information I got was from the Sunday scores. My biggest wish for us Billiken fans is that the powers that be at SLU keep UB in the stable. We need a "stable" coaching situation.

but we are in a horrible two month slump. i have recently taken to feeding window putty to my kids for breakfast. (they think it is oatmeal.)