Observations on the Richmond game

Billikan

Ellis looked lost a few times, but everyone loks lost a couple of times in our offense. It is what happens when you have such a young team. The thing that suprised me was he didn't look lost the whole game. I was pretty shocked at how much of the offense he picked up in five days.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably missed it in an earlier post, but what was the discipline problem that kept Willie on the bench yesterday? I saw him during the warmup in street clothes taking some shots from outside with the team. It looked weird. It appeared that he was cheering his teammates from the bench and high fiving as they came off at each time out. I was impressed that Cody was that good after basically only 3 practices with the team. I hope we have him for 3.5 years.

All that was said was that it was violation of team rule - Period.

Billiken Roy, I have not been able to attend any games yet but I will soon. Tell me. Is the public address announcer really as bad as people are reporting on ths message board? (Guy Phillips) One other thing. CE is used to playing against foreign players whose basic fundamentals are a lot better than the players in the states. His ability to block out for rebounds just may rub off on the other players. I know they have been taught the proper way by the coaches but sometimes when they see another player doing it it may affect them even more. Before long I believe the players will be looking to KM and CE as their leaders.

I would answer but I am not Roy.

Billiken Roy, I have not been able to attend any games yet but I will soon. Tell me. Is the public address announcer really as bad as people are reporting on ths message board? (Guy Phillips)

i wouldnt let guy phillips do the PA at a grade school game. i cant imagine one worse than guy phillips.

Yes. Yes, he is.

From a number of posts, it seems like many of you either watched the game live on FSM or taped it and watched it when you got home from the game. I believe I counted 3 mis-identifications of our players by Pat Parris who was calling the game. In all 3 instances, Scott Highmark corrected the mistake without any comment, except to correctly id our player.

It seemed like Fox is going to do a few more of our games so I hope that Parris at least learns the names of OUR players before the next telecast. Maybe he and GP could practice together.

Only if Matt Dickey hadn't abandoned us. I still can't figure out why Rickma ran him off.

Who is Matt Dickey?

From a number of posts, it seems like many of you either watched the game live on FSM or taped it and watched it when you got home from the game. I believe I counted 3 mis-identifications of our players by Pat Parris who was calling the game. In all 3 instances, Scott Highmark corrected the mistake without any comment, except to correctly id our player.

It seemed like Fox is going to do a few more of our games so I hope that Parris at least learns the names of OUR players before the next telecast. Maybe he and GP could practice together.

For us out-of-town fans with the Directv Sports Pack having the games on Fox MW with a Saint Louis slant is great. Sure hope Chris May can work something out that we have the majority of our home-away games broadcasted by them. Also would be nice if Rick got a coaches show.

Who is Matt Dickey?

For us out-of-town fans with the Directv Sports Pack having the games on Fox MW with a Saint Louis slant is great. Sure hope Chris May can work something out that we have the majority of our home-away games broadcasted by them. Also would be nice if Rick got a coaches show.

MD was a player shown in a file photo for our game against Georgia - I think. The point was he had played several years ago and the whole thing was really lame. Rick does not want to do any after game shows - he does the minimum to satisfy the radio contract.

MD was a player shown in a file photo for our game against Georgia - I think. The point was he had played several years ago and the whole thing was really lame. Rick does not want to do any after game shows - he does the minimum to satisfy the radio contract.

Not even. Dickey plays for UNC Chatanooga or something like that, but the Post tried to pass off the photo of him against Georgia as a Billiken player against Georgia. A low point for the paper - next to the actual publishing of STL Today user comments.

-the guy who is the emcee on the timeout stuff would be worse imo, along with rene knott who would probably attempt to say a name as simple as "Willie Reed" at the correct time but would butcher it

-maybe we need martin kilcoyne from ch2 as he would be used to trying to fit alot information into a small amount of time as they have an hour newscast with what seems like a 150 second sportscast, that might avoid talking over free throw attempts

-i will say that guy had a real bad day on saturday but it appears that unless someone with a bigger checkbook arrives on the scene and wants to do something about it he is staying

He kept confusing Cassity with Ellis.

maybe pat was just going by what he heard from our fabulous PA announcer.

Not even. Dickey plays for UNC Chatanooga or something like that, but the Post tried to pass off the photo of him against Georgia as a Billiken player against Georgia. A low point for the paper - next to the actual publishing of STL Today user comments.

Yes even - the only thing I got wrong was that I said he was not a current player.

Who is Matt Dickey?

I believe the correct response is:

You don't know Matt Dickey? Are you serious? :blink: {shake head, end post}