Jeff Reid

slu72 fan

Maybe he is leaving and this is where a scholarship opens up for lowe? Wouldn't be a big surprise to me.

it would to me. Coach has spoken very positively of JEff and Jeff has done well in his limited time. I think we wouldve heard something by now if this was the case. Plus, even if we had an open scholarship, theres no guarantee that loe would take it.

Not exactly sure why you think it's so out of the question. We have consistently seen at least 1 player leave every year since Majerus has been here. Not to mention the same happened as talked about in Majerus' book at his previous coaching stops. This team is playing with one another pretty well all year without Reid. So if you ask me Reid seems to be the most logical person to leave. I'm not saying that I want him to leave by any means, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Not exactly sure why you think it's so out of the question. We have consistently seen at least 1 player leave every year since Majerus has been here. Not to mention the same happened as talked about in Majerus' book at his previous coaching stops. This team is playing with one another pretty well all year without Reid. So if you ask me Reid seems to be the most logical person to leave. I'm not saying that I want him to leave by any means, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

I admit its a possibiliy, but I doubt it has happened, otherwise we would know

I think it is more likely that this additional injury would hasten the request for a medical redshirt to get his feet fixed and be completely healthy for next year.

I think it is more likely that this additional injury would hasten the request for a medical redshirt to get his feet fixed and be completely healthy for next year.

One would think so but I wonder if the coaching is not putting off surgery for Jeff until they know what the deal is with Ellis. Once Ellis arrives, one has to think they shut down Jeff Reid. But right now we have so few healthy bodies. You never know what can happen in the 2nd half of the season so they may keep him on the bench for insurance just in case.

One would think so but I wonder if the coaching is not putting off surgery for Jeff until they know what the deal is with Ellis. Once Ellis arrives, one has to think they shut down Jeff Reid. But right now we have so few healthy bodies. You never know what can happen in the 2nd half of the season so they may keep him on the bench for insurance just in case.

I hope Reid stays. Even if he has to red shirt this year. I think he will have a good career here.

Wouldn't he still be on the bench? He must have issues with the concussion or something else is up. I can tell you I've learned a lot about concussions, and if he's unable to sit on the bench, he must really be messed up. Wonder of he has the flu or something like that?

Wouldn't he still be on the bench? He must have issues with the concussion or something else is up. I can tell you I've learned a lot about concussions, and if he's unable to sit on the bench, he must really be messed up. Wonder of he has the flu or something like that?

I thought the word was that he DIDN'T have a concussion.

Maybe he's academically ineligible.

I'd find that to be very surprising, seeing as no official rule on that would come until the end of the semester. Plus, whenever players in the past have gotten caught skipping classes and whatnot, they normally have been on the bench, just not allowed to play by the coach.

I'm still going with the theory that he wasn't there because of the concussion and its after effects. I remember last season that when Kwamain had his concussion against Temple and couldn't play for a week or so, I had read somewhere that he wasn't really allowed to do anything, meaning that he basically had to stay in his room in somewhat darkness until he reached a certain stage of recovery from the concussion.

he's the only guy on the team besides JJ that has been a true scorer on every team he has ever played on his entire life. Trust me on that.

He may be a scorer, but I don't think Jeff gets enough minutes in any game this year to score 25. Maybe next year or later down the road though if he is draining 3s like crazy.

he's the only guy on the team besides JJ that has been a true scorer on every team he has ever played on his entire life. Trust me on that.

Oh, since you said trust me that makes it more logical. Paul averaged 30 points a game in high school. If I remember correctly Brian Conklin averaged about 20. It doesn't always translate to the next level.

Go rub on some more of the clear.

Oh, since you said trust me that makes it more logical. Paul averaged 30 points a game in high school. If I remember correctly Brian Conklin averaged about 20. It doesn't always translate to the next level.

Go rub on some more of the clear.

-MM (formerly known as unca??), what part of "trust me" didn't you get, bro?? :lol:

I knew some idiot would bring up highschool stats, understand 98% tore it up at the highschool level (the other 2% being projects). The kid has the hands and basketball IQ to get open and hit the open shot at a good clip, it's just going to take time. Be patient