Jeff Reid

slu72 fan

I knew some idiot would bring up highschool stats, understand 98% tore it up at the highschool level (the other 2% being projects). The kid has the hands and basketball IQ to get open and hit the open shot at a good clip, it's just going to take time. Be patient

LOLZ CATZ

Didn't you just say he's the only proven scorer at every level? OK, so we can't count college or high school. Paul also lit it up in grade school. Does that count?

I knew some idiot would bring up highschool stats, understand 98% tore it up at the highschool level (the other 2% being projects). The kid has the hands and basketball IQ to get open and hit the open shot at a good clip, it's just going to take time. Be patient

-you are doing a great job of introducing yourself to the board :lol:

It maybe with all the focus in the NFL these days about concussions SLU is being extra cautious about head injuries. If he's still suffering headaches and dizziness, the last place he'd want to be is on a hectic team bench in a crowded and loud arena.

Not exactly sure why you think it's so out of the question. We have consistently seen at least 1 player leave every year since Majerus has been here. Not to mention the same happened as talked about in Majerus' book at his previous coaching stops. This team is playing with one another pretty well all year without Reid. So if you ask me Reid seems to be the most logical person to leave. I'm not saying that I want him to leave by any means, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

That has only happened once with the guard from Edwardsville- his name escapes me now. One time does not make it consistently.

One would think so but I wonder if the coaching is not putting off surgery for Jeff until they know what the deal is with Ellis. Once Ellis arrives, one has to think they shut down Jeff Reid. But right now we have so few healthy bodies. You never know what can happen in the 2nd half of the season so they may keep him on the bench for insurance just in case.

The question is if the kid is not going to play for whatever the reason then why waste one of his years of eligibility just to be a practice body.

This is the former "unca"; please don't confuse with anyone you don't like; everyone likes me. I am always the voice of reason. ;-))

-i would never

-don't dislike anyone on the board, but at times some people sure have their moments (as i am sure people feel about me!!)

Getting back to the original subject of this thread;

Nate;

TT; or

Earl,

I've noticed on your blogs or on this Board that a number of posters are wondering about the status of Jeff Reid, specifically, why he wasn't even on the bench Sat. night.

Any info you can share?

Getting back to the original subject of this thread;

Nate;

TT; or

Earl,

I've noticed on your blogs or on this Board that a number of posters are wondering about the status of Jeff Reid, specifically, why he wasn't even on the bench Sat. night.

Any info you can share?

-i was told by a source i find very credible that he is still dealing with the concussion issue to the point that he had missed class becasue of it and the atmosphere of the arena (lights and noise) would not have been good for him

-i was not told about further evaluations or prognosis

-i think keeping jeff in our prayers for a complete and speedy recovery would be very approprate at this time

-i was told by a source i find very credible that he is still dealing with the concussion issue to the point that he had missed class becasue of it and the atmosphere of the arena (lights and noise) would not have been good for him

-i was not told about further evaluations or prognosis

-i think keeping jeff in our prayers for a complete and speedy recovery would be very approprate at this time

Medical redshirt. Just do it now. No one would fault us for asking for one for a kid w/ a chronic bunion and a serious concussion. Will help to space out the classes more and I really think Jeff Reid will be a big player for us eventually. His FB is visible to anyone in the Saint Louis network and his pics from high school make him seem much more athletic than we thought he would be. Dunks that would make VTIME HATE. You can't count out a Mr. Basketball w/ size. Get better, get your grades, and come out firing next year, Jeff.

Medical redshirt. Just do it now. No one would fault us for asking for one for a kid w/ a chronic bunion and a serious concussion. Will help to space out the classes more and I really think Jeff Reid will be a big player for us eventually. His FB is visible to anyone in the Saint Louis network and his pics from high school make him seem much more athletic than we thought he would be. Dunks that would make VTIME HATE. You can't count out a Mr. Basketball w/ size. Get better, get your grades, and come out firing next year, Jeff.

i agree completely jimbo. rickma seems to like using an 8 man rotation anyway, so we really dont lose anything for games. give the kid a chance to get well and play full speed for an entire career.

i agree completely jimbo. rickma seems to like using an 8 man rotation anyway, so we really dont lose anything for games. give the kid a chance to get well and play full speed for an entire career.

Yeah, the season's early, but we're not looking to be having stamina issues at all yet. Willie played 34 productive minutes against SIU-C on a bad ankle. Foul trouble's a different story at times, but that's mostly KM and BC, nothing JR would really help w/. If CE gets here in the spring we won't need JR as a body for this year. If he doesn't get here, JR wouldn't be the difference maker as far as the tourney goes anyways. Nothing to lose and he can take one look at Femi and see that things will be alright.