UPDATE ON RECRUITMENT OF ACCUSED FELON

Just spoke to the same inside source referred to in the post about Ellis regarding the kid who was arrested for burglary.

"We have not, and will not be offering him a scholarship". Yes, we looked at him and inquired about him, but will not be signing him or offering him. When you recruit a kid it is like dating. You have to meet the kid, spend some time with him, find out more about him.

We "dated" the kid, but we will not be marrying him.

I have been lucky enough to spend a good bit ou time with our players and coaches. I have never seen a closer knit and cleaner cut bunch of young men on one team. Majerus put them together. Do you think that he would put someone with the background of this kid in with the rest of our players? How long do you think he would last?

So, everybody should sit back and relax. He will not be a Billiken.

As an aside, if they can close the deal on the Clyburn(JUCO) kid, then we will be getting a very good player. I same him play with our guys.

Picture a bigger, stronger Liddell, with more aggressiveness.

I am extremely relieved to hear this. Even with your limited amount of posts I believe that there is no offer.

I was really concerned I would have to stop being a fan. Probably one of the most upsetting things that have happened to me in my life and I've been shot at before. Yes my priorities are off but not so off that I advocate winning at all costs.

Please don't pay attention to my number of posts. Billikan and especially Willie know my credibility. We were fraternity brothers and they know my past history. I watched KShoe and SShoe grow up. I don't want to sound like a big shot, but I do have access to the Coaching staff and the Athletic Dept. I only say this so that you doomsayers quit worrying.

I only post when I feel something important needs to be straightened out. I do read the site every day.

Please don't pay attention to my number of posts. Billikan and especially Willie know my credibility. We were fraternity brothers and they know my past history. I watched KShoe and SShoe grow up. I don't want to sound like a big shot, but I do have access to the Coaching staff and the Athletic Dept. I only say this so that you doomsayers quit worrying.

I only post when I feel something important needs to be straightened out. I do read the site every day.

You know if Willie vouches for you and you're wrong, we're going to have to rough Willie up a bit

Aahhh.... peace at last! All is well in Billiken nation. Just as an aside to this story, the kid in question also appears to have a problem with the truth. And the CBS reporter should be caned repeatedly for not checking it out with SLU. As should DeCourcy. That kind of stuff is not what we want other HC's using against us.

Sancho Panza ... bring me my pole vault. A row of mouse turds appears looming on the horiizon. First we must fight through the aggressive flock of windmills. Is that you Sancho --- I can't see your badge.

Exactly! :P

If you recall, last year at this time the very same Strickland was reporting that Willie Reed would not be eligible.

This wannabe reporter has absolutely no credibility. I know who my source is and it is a lot better than his.

Didn't strickland also report that Liddell was having grade trouble when it wasn't true

If you recall, last year at this time the very same Strickland was reporting that Willie Reed would not be eligible.

This wannabe reporter has absolutely no credibility. I know who my source is and it is a lot better than his.

As an aside, if they can close the deal on the Clyburn(JUCO) kid, then we will be getting a very good player. I same him play with our guys.

Picture a bigger, stronger Liddell, with more aggressiveness.

I assume this is the guy...

http://blog.mlive.com/highschoolbasketball...ll_clyburn.html

Sounds good to me.

Strickland said that SLU offered and the higher ups put a stop to it.

Even if Strickland is right, what does it mean?

In my mind it means the University won't sell its soul just to bring in some ballplayer. It means that we aren't win at all costs (cheating, criminals, etc.). At the end of the day I think most of us want it that way; win but do it right.

Even if Strickland is right, what does it mean?

In my mind it means the University won't sell its soul just to bring in some ballplayer. It means that we aren't win at all costs (cheating, criminals, etc.). At the end of the day I think most of us want it that way; win but do it right.

I think it means the coach and university may have different gameplans. I agree with you though.

I think it means the coach and university may have different gameplans. I agree with you though.

The coach, AD, and University all have the same game plan.

Doing your homework on a kid is not the same as offering him a scholarship.

Why are you trying to make something out of nothing. He was not offered and will not be offered.

several of us on here have already watched Will Clyburn in pick up games, -- including Nate, who first drew my attention to him.

this would be a very nice recruit, long, athletic, great leaper, good scorer.

bigger and better than Tommie?? --could be -- give him a few years....

The coach, AD, and University all have the same game plan.

Doing your homework on a kid is not the same as offering him a scholarship.

Why are you trying to make something out of nothing. He was not offered and will not be offered.

I'm not trying to make something out of nothing. I said I agreed with Kshoe when he said everyone wants to win the right way including me. Who says he wasn't offered, you? Oh okay, and you are?

Who says he wasn't offered, you? Oh okay, and you are?

He is clearly more connected then Strickland who has been proven wrong on multiple occasions (Cotto and Reed not being eligible being the most obvious).

Would Clyburn be in school for this coming year?

The article linked on pg 1, from a Mich. newsletter says he was going to start JUCO in Aug. 2008, which means this year will be his 2nd JUCO year. Anybody know where he is giong to JUCO? Why is he here working out with our players if his home is Michigan? Has he grown or is he still 6'5"? Don't we have enough small forwards?

For those who have seen him, is he a shooter or a TL clone?

The article linked on pg 1, from a Mich. newsletter says he was going to start JUCO in Aug. 2008, which means this year will be his 2nd JUCO year. Anybody know where he is giong to JUCO? Why is he here working out with our players if his home is Michigan? Has he grown or is he still 6'5"? Don't we have enough small forwards?

For those who have seen him, is he a shooter or a TL clone?

He is a 2nd year JUCO player who was here with his assistant coach, John McIntyre (yes, the former Mizzou player). McIntyre has remained very close to Coach Majerus since high school when Majerus helped him. McIntyre drove him here for an unofficial visit. He is trying to direct him here.

He is still about 6'5" but is a perfect athletic 3 man who can aove over the rim. He handles it very well and showed a good shot.

He is a 2nd year JUCO player who was here with his assistant coach, John McIntyre (yes, the former Mizzou player). McIntyre has remained very close to Coach Majerus since high school when Majerus helped him. McIntyre drove him here for an unofficial visit. He is trying to direct him here.

He is still about 6'5" but is a perfect athletic 3 man who can aove over the rim. He handles it very well and showed a good shot.

This doesn't make any sense. Why would anyone who played college ball refer a kid to Majerus? Majerus is all evil and wants to ruin the lives of the players and their families. B)