Senior Night Rundown

Good attendance especially by the students. Out in force even during spring break.

Now for the bad news, the game and aftermath.

Got off to a great start. Mitchell was on fire from outside and driving the lane and scoring at will. Eberhart came out strong to start along with Reed. Lisch then got fouls and got hurt the game started to unravel but Mitchell still kept us in the lead. Liddell on senior night was nowhere to be seen.

Mitchell got banged up hard and so did Lisch. Lisch wasn't all together till the game was out of hand. Mitchell couldn't do it all himself. He did score nearly half our points though. Incredible game considering how much he got clobbered. Mitchell and a stronger Willie Reed will take us to great heights. Liddell at least in the first half made a couple good passes early on. Second half he stood and watched on both ends of the floor.

Finally after a gut wrenching loss we have the senior ceremony. Eberhart and Lisch gave tearful goodbyes. Liddell and family don't even shake the coaching staff's hands. Utterly classless move. From his lack of play on the court to his disgusting display at the postgame ceremonies Tommie should have just stayed home today. I can accept bad play, I can accept lack of talent, but I can't accept lack of effort. Tommie quit on the Billikens today. Sad to say it Tommie but you have wasted a ton of talent from just total lack of effort. We still have at least one game left and I hope Tommie can sack up and come to play in Atlantic City. Tommie has one last chance to redeem himself as a Billiken. Another effort like the one we saw tonight and I will be happy to say good riddance to Tommie Liddell III.

Good attendance especially by the students. Out in force even during spring break.

Sad to say it Tommie but you have wasted a ton of talent from just total lack of effort. We still have at least one game left and I hope Tommie can sack up and come to play in Atlantic City. Tommie has one last chance to redeem himself as a Billiken. Another effort like the one we saw tonight and I will be happy to say good riddance to Tommie Liddell III.

Tommie was completely MIA on offense. Just standing around -minimal effort - no cuts and only 1 attempt to drive hard to the hoop. One example of his play, at the end of the first half, we were going for the last shot..... Tommie dribbling aimlessly at the 3 point line and as the clock hit 3 seconds, a pass to Eckerle who was forced to jack up a long 3 while being defended.

To be perfectly honest, it seems Tommie has packed it in. I think it might help team morale to leave him at home. If this was his effort on Senior Night, I can't imagine him helping in Atlantic City.

sadly I agree with this entirely...

At one point I questioned if Tommie knew the game had started.

Tommie started the game very strong IMO. He had several assists, rebounds and a steal.Tommie's offense however has completely dissapeared. His shot is not there anymore and the refs dont call fouls on his drives to the rim.

Someone today suggested that maybe Tommie has lost his passion for the game because of his becoming a father. I dont know, what I do know is that without Tommie this program would not be where it is today and he has put in a lot of hard work throughout his career.

Got off to a great start. Mitchell was on fire from outside and driving the lane and scoring at will. Eberhart came out strong to start along with Reed. Lisch then got fouls and got hurt the game started to unravel but Mitchell still kept us in the lead. Liddell on senior night was nowhere to be seen.

Mitchell got banged up hard and so did Lisch. Lisch wasn't all together till the game was out of hand. Mitchell couldn't do it all himself. He did score nearly half our points though. Incredible game considering how much he got clobbered. Mitchell and a stronger Willie Reed will take us to great heights. Liddell at least in the first half made a couple good passes early on. Second half he stood and watched on both ends of the floor.

Finally after a gut wrenching loss we have the senior ceremony. Eberhart and Lisch gave tearful goodbyes. Liddell and family don't even shake the coaching staff's hands. Utterly classless move. From his lack of play on the court to his disgusting display at the postgame ceremonies Tommie should have just stayed home today. I can accept bad play, I can accept lack of talent, but I can't accept lack of effort. Tommie quit on the Billikens today. Sad to say it Tommie but you have wasted a ton of talent from just total lack of effort. We still have at least one game left and I hope Tommie can sack up and come to play in Atlantic City. Tommie has one last chance to redeem himself as a Billiken. Another effort like the one we saw tonight and I will be happy to say good riddance to Tommie Liddell III.

Also Liddell and his father shook Majerus' hand and his mother gave Majerus a hug so Its really not fair to call them out like that.

Also Liddell and his father shook Majerus' hand and his mother gave Majerus a hug so Its really not fair to call them out like that.

Just to ruin Jimbo's morning - T Lisch was in the house with her beau (Trent M) last night. They sat about 5-6 rows behind the Bills bench.

During the post game festivities and after Kevin and his parents were introduced to the crowd, she moved down to the Billiken bench (sans Trent) to be with her younger brother Daniel,

During a break, I yelled down to her "T - 1 more YEAR!" and got her to turn around

She gave us a big smile.

Maybe she'll hang around SLU to finish out her senior year after all.

Jimbo - you gotta believe in miracles!

Just to ruin Jimbo's morning - T Lisch was in the house with her beau (Trent M) last night. They sat about 5-6 rows behind the Bills bench.

During the post game festivities and after Kevin and his parents were introduced to the crowd, she moved down to the Billiken bench (sans Trent) to be with her younger brother Daniel,

During a break, I yelled down to her "T - 1 more YEAR!" and got her to turn around

She gave us a big smile.

Maybe she'll hang around SLU to finish out her senior year after all.

Jimbo - you gotta believe in miracles!

I listened to the first half and heard TL's name on rebounds only. Had somewhere to go for second half but figured we'd win. Sounds like TL had somewhere to go as well. When I came home and checked, to say the least, I was stunned we lost. This season has been a mystery to me re: TL. Senior year, TL's last chance to impress NBA for a possible 2nd round choice or at least an invite to their camp, and we see little from him. I know RM has praised his "overall" play for D and rebounds, but the few times I've seen him on my laptop, he seems a 6th wheel on offense. Don't get it, never will, and for SR day he should have been given a Rosetta Stone package (Italian, Spanish, Russian, etc) as a going away gift. This year was TL's and KL's last chance at a post season appearance. Sadly, he didn't see it that way. Ah well, the end of another mediocre season. Too soon you say? There's still the tourney? Yes, there is. And I'd venture to say we'll beat LaSalle in the rematch. Beyond that? Doubt it.

First TLIII lost his head band and he regressed. Then he cut his hair (see Samson) and he disappeared. Has the talent just didn't use it.

Got a good education which will serve him well in the future. Wish him well. He can redeem himself next week if he wants to.

:unsure:

I'm confused ... torch says classless move by TL and no handshake with the coach. Then NH comes back and says man-to-man handshakes and a hug from mom. Which is it? Torch's call is totally incriminating and makes me want to puke and gag all over the boy. NH's take says that's not right. So can someone define, please?

All season long, I've read the newspaper accounts on TL from RM. I thought it odd that he was always praising him and applauding his game and his defense. It struck me as such that Majerus seemed to be pampering him along. Not that's all bad. Some kids respond to the kick in the arse kind of treatment. Fires them up and they perform. Some kids can be destroyed by that or recluse into a shell and say "screw you." Some kids needs the other end of the spectrum, the pampering end, to get to. Usually, you are one kid or the other and it then becomes incumbent upon the coach to know which one you are and how to cajole you into your peak performance. I thought this was what Rick seemed to be doing all this year.

Tommie's a father? Yeah, I read that in Timmerman's column about the post game stuff. Here's hoping the guy is on schedule to get his degree and graduate.

What a frustrating loss. I keep having to remind myself that even after losing three in a row against the usual suspects - Bonawelding, Dookie and LaSalle - we're still better off than I had predicted at the start of the season. Still, last night really stings. A largely gutless effort on senior night is hard to stomach.

I love Tommie, Kevin and Barry, but I'll be glad to make a fresh start next year. Last night's game was a microcosm of the last four years.

I love Tommie, Kevin and Barry, but I'll be glad to make a fresh start next year. Last night's game was a microcosm of the last four years.

-Box, when Kevin's 3ptr went 3/4's in and then somehow came out I thought the same thing and hate it as these are good kids who deserved better but I hope they learned some life lessons through it

-I think the athdept did a good job with the sr night stuff

-thank God no senior night next year

I'm confused ... torch says classless move by TL and no handshake with the coach. Then NH comes back and says man-to-man handshakes and a hug from mom. Which is it? Torch's call is totally incriminating and makes me want to puke and gag all over the boy. NH's take says that's not right. So can someone define, please?

All season long, I've read the newspaper accounts on TL from RM. I thought it odd that he was always praising him and applauding his game and his defense. It struck me as such that Majerus seemed to be pampering him along. Not that's all bad. Some kids respond to the kick in the arse kind of treatment. Fires them up and they perform. Some kids can be destroyed by that or recluse into a shell and say "screw you." Some kids needs the other end of the spectrum, the pampering end, to get to. Usually, you are one kid or the other and it then becomes incumbent upon the coach to know which one you are and how to cajole you into your peak performance. I thought this was what Rick seemed to be doing all this year.

Tommie's a father? Yeah, I read that in Timmerman's column about the post game stuff. Here's hoping the guy is on schedule to get his degree and graduate.

I could have sworn TL and family shook hands with Majerus.

I could have sworn TL and family shook hands with Majerus.

Tommie was carrying his daughter which made it difficult. I am not sure but he got most of the team his parents got everyone.

Tommie shook RM's hand when introduced, his parents did not. It stood out

Shame on 50% of the fans for leaving. If you did .... You suck

One of the Sr's should have asked if we can have fans that will open their mouth and cheer. Boo on the SLU fans

Seems to me that there was nothing out of order with what TL and family did with the coaches - I thought everything was fine from my vantage point and where I sit I had a pretty good unobstructed view of the whole thing.

Tommie shook RM's hand when introduced, his parents did not. It stood out

Shame on 50% of the fans for leaving. If you did .... You suck

One of the Sr's should have asked if we can have fans that will open their mouth and cheer. Boo on the SLU fans

I remember watching and seeing Majerus hug tommie's mom. I then seem to remember Tommie's dad giving kind of an awkward handshake with Majerus. I was watching very closely and are seats are right by the bench.

Tommie didn't qualify out of high school. He went to prep school and stayed with SLU this whole time. He won a rookie of the year award, was named second team all-conference, and gave us many great games. Whether you are happy with Tommie's performance this season or not you have to respect all the great memories he gave us through these four years.

Whatever RM did or didn't do with Tommie, it worked- or not. You were never, ever, ever going to get a Hansbrough-esque effort, or results, from Liddell. First of all, he's not good enough, even at his best, to dominate night in and out, and he's just a cruiser type player. What are you going to do? Some players don't significantly improve during their careers; Liddell, certainly, through his lack of intensity and Lisch due to difficulty last year with the new system I guess and this year because he came into the season pudgy and definitely out of shape.

Whatever RM did or didn't do with Tommie, it worked- or not. You were never, ever, ever going to get a Hansbrough-esque effort, or results, from Liddell. First of all, he's not good enough, even at his best, to dominate night in and out, and he's just a cruiser type player. What are you going to do? Some players don't significantly improve during their careers; Liddell, certainly, through his lack of intensity and Lisch due to difficulty last year with the new system I guess and this year because he came into the season pudgy and definitely out of shape.

Liddell gave a lot more effort than you give him credit for and Lisch was never out of shape so I really dont htink your post has any credibility

Whether you are happy with Tommie's performance this season or not you have to respect all the great memories he gave us through these four years.

This is a very nice sentiment. I personally am not the rabid Bils fan alot of you are and I can't judge how people are going to remember Tommy. I would be surprised, however, if fans in general thought of many great memories from him. A few, for certain, but not many.

Liddell gave a lot more effort than you give him credit for and Lisch was never out of shape so I really dont htink your post has any credibility

I'm not saying TL was dogging it, ever. I just think he wasn't a very intense player- there are a zillion of those. I firmly believe, and always will, that KL was badly out of shape this year.

Tommie didn't qualify out of high school. He went to prep school and stayed with SLU this whole time. He won a rookie of the year award, was named second team all-conference, and gave us many great games. Whether you are happy with Tommie's performance this season or not you have to respect all the great memories he gave us through these four years.

Bingo. I'm really proud of him as a student and as a person. His family should be proud as well.

His little girl is really cute!

I remember watching and seeing Majerus hug tommie's mom. I then seem to remember Tommie's dad giving kind of an awkward handshake with Majerus. I was watching very closely and are seats are right by the bench.

Nope, not when they went down the line.

Personally, I think Tommie has had a career deserving of our fans to have stayed around and said Thanks. Imo Tommie is one of the top players of the last 20 years.

NH, I think you are thinking of Barry's mom and dad, who hugged RM. Tommies parent's most definitely did not shake his hand.