Radio Update

kevinfootes

Per Dan Caesar, SLU remains without a radio deal.

"Sources say athletic deprtment officials have had an unrealistic view of the value of the package"

That really sucks! I wonder what they think the value of the package should be? They spend all of the $$$ on the new arena and can't get a radio deal lined up? Guess TV deal is out of the question. I miss the Charter days with Cusumano...

Someone needs to pull their head out of their A$$ and get something done!

Box and 3Star. You might want to tone down your remarks (because while they are true) you will marked as "negative" and a "nit-picker" like me. :rolleyes:

You needn't remind the board every thread that you've been labeled. The board labeled you and doesn't need the reminder.

That really sucks! I wonder what they think the value of the package should be? They spend all of the $$$ on the new arena and can't get a radio deal lined up? Guess TV deal is out of the question. I miss the Charter days with Cusumano...

Someone needs to pull their head out of their A$$ and get something done!

Too bad its not like baseball where Tony and the GM find a really old guy who just needs 49 more days for his pension and we sign him to a multi year

contract with no guarantees if he can't play or we have Lloyds' of London insure him if he passes his physical and we sell out on tickets only to find that we have to play a bunch of guys who have been in the minors waiting for their big chance for 10 years and everyone wants our TV and radio package

so we buy a really small radio station that you can't hear outside the arena or dorm-gee maybe that's the problem our campus radio is a competitor to some of these guys

Unbelievable. I'm wondering if our games will even be on the radio this season.

Just to make everybody feel better.

1. I'm hammered.

a. I heard that 9 D-2 games will be broadcast on CBS next season. So f#&$ me in the mouth. What a $H!t package we have for next year.

Just to make everybody feel better.

1. I'm hammered.

a. I heard that 9 D-2 games will be broadcast on CBS next season. So f#&$ me in the mouth. What a $H!t package we have for next year.

Thanks for your eloquence. :rolleyes:

It's not over yet. I'm hoping there's a decent radio deal on the horizon. It sucks to miss out on the opportunity to have additional promotions by the host station. As I've mentioned earlier though, nobody listens to the all sports stations anyway.

They're playing all Christmas music right now. Something tells me they'd be willing to broadcast our games if a deal can be reached.

No offense Box, really!

But SLU may not want to have the lead in to SLU basketball as we are interrupting 3 straight hours of the Backstreet Boys/ Clay Aiken singing Christmas tunes for Billiken Basketball!!! Put our games on local access and we have reached the promised land!!!! Ooops, that would be better TV...

Wahoo! Billiken basketball -- Catch the fever! :rolleyes:

SLU needs to get something done, immediately, if not sooner.

No offense Box, really!

But SLU may not want to have the lead in to SLU basketball as we are interrupting 3 straight hours of the Backstreet Boys/ Clay Aiken singing Christmas tunes for Billiken Basketball!!! Put our games on local access and we have reached the promised land!!!! Ooops, that would be better TV...

Wahoo! Billiken basketball -- Catch the fever! :rolleyes:

SLU needs to get something done, immediately, if not sooner.

101.1 would be the best signal the Bills have been broadcast on since KMOX. Being paired with Christmas music for two months would be a price I would be willing to pay for that signal. 101.1 will also probably also draw three to four times as large an audience with Christmas music in November and December than either current sports station in this market draws. Billiken basketball would be exposed to a far larger group of listeners and potential listeners.

101.1 would be the best signal the Bills have been broadcast on since KMOX. Being paired with Christmas music for two months would be a price I would be willing to pay for that signal. 101.1 will also probably also draw three to four times as large an audience with Christmas music in November and December than either current sports station in this market draws. Billiken basketball would be exposed to a far larger group of listeners and potential listeners.

I've not been keeping up w/ the radio deal. What happened to 590? They drop us? We drop them? If so, does this mean Rammer and Earl Jr. are out of a winter gig if we don't renew w/ them. Seems a real shame. I liked Rammer and EA.

brian is all over this angle imo. i cant be the only person that switches their car radio buttons after thanksgiving to listen to xmas songs.

I've not been keeping up w/ the radio deal. What happened to 590? They drop us? We drop them? If so, does this mean Rammer and Earl Jr. are out of a winter gig if we don't renew w/ them. Seems a real shame. I liked Rammer and EA.

Bob Ramsey has been doing Billikens games on the radio for over 20 years and Earl Austin Jr. has been doing them at least three-quarters of that time, and in that time the Bills have been on three or four different stations -- sometimes two or three different stations in a single season. I'm confident that the choice of the announcers for the Billikens' radio broadcasts has nothing to do with which radio stations, if one at all, employ them.

Bob Ramsey has been doing Billikens games on the radio for over 20 years and Earl Austin Jr. has been doing them at least three-quarters of that time, and in that time the Bills have been on three or four different stations -- sometimes two or three different stations in a single season. I'm confident that the choice of the announcers for the Billikens' radio broadcasts has nothing to do with which radio stations, if one at all, employ them.

How long has it been since EA Jr. replaced Claibs? I guess it was early '90s. Time flies!

Could it be that maybe the school thinks that nobody really listens to the radio anymore and are working on an internet streaming angle?

If you had to choose would you rather listen to the radio or on a laptop,and could browse while you listened?Just asking.

I am hoping for a radio deal,and still don`t understand why NO games are on Fox-Midwest.