UPDATE: 23 of 1000 student tickets left

GOSLU68

Both the staffer and I agreed this is a vast improvement over Savvis attendance

This is great news - they should easily sell out. At the BC mtg the other night SLU said they would then sell unsold general admission tix behind the student section if more students wanted season tix and the student section was sold out. Now all we need is for the kids to show up!

All I have to say is that last year barely any students showed up and they could get the tickets free the day of the game. Now there are no free tickets and they cost a wopping 130. Im thinking they will show up to get their money worth. I am a student and I was pretty much at every game last year so it will be nice to have a supporting crew for the cheers.

Student turnout for soccer games at the Soccer Park was pathetic. Now that the games are on campus, 1000 students is normal. If numbers will turn out for soccer, then why not basketball. While I am excited about the interest and student ticket sales, I am not at all suprised. Finally, SLU will have a college atmosphere and develop a home court advantage.

The students must not only show up but also cheer together. Of course im referring to the number of guys who stood behind the blue crew and taunted the few students who showed up.

it would be great if they would actually organize something like Illinois' Block I. It was a yearbook item; so you could actually treat it the same as being on the school paper or other extra curriculars; something to mention to show team participation to job recruiters instead of saying I sat in the library for 4 years

There was a lot of concern about setting aside 1,000 seats and whether or not the students would turn out, so this response certainly has answered those concerns. The arena has instantly increased student turnout. Now it's up to the team to put a few good seasons together to sustain it. Right from the start, it will be key to perform well at home and build a tradition of taking care of business on our court.

There was a lot of concern about setting aside 1,000 seats and whether or not the students would turn out, so this response certainly has answered those concerns. The arena has instantly increased student turnout. Now it's up to the team to put a few good seasons together to sustain it. Right from the start, it will be key to perform well at home and build a tradition of taking care of business on our court.

I think you might be a little premature here Ace. Let's wait and see if they show up. I hope it's like soccer, but I need to be shown.

Question for any current SLU students on the board -- how were student tickets marketed to you? And especially to freshmen: Were there any special basketball events during orientation?

There has been a lot of buzz around campus about the arena, and seeing the 7' tall guys that most people know nothing about, and this has probably been the best marketing. However, we have received several emails saying something along the lines of "The Billikens have a new arena and awesome coach, and this year is going to be the best yet. We have already sold a million trillion tickets, and since we only have a million trillion and three, you need to get yours now before they are all gone! Go to the website yada yada."

I saw today in the U News that there was a half page ad saying basically the same things.

Also, my sister is a Freshman, so I know that convocation was held in the arens, which probably helped make some buzz and I think that they have been reminded of how great it will be to have season tickets over and over again.

The Benefits that are listed in all of the ads are:

"Guaranteed seating behind the basket; complimentary Official BLUE CREW t-shirt that you can sport at every home game; Exclusive invitations and opportunities will be sent tout to student season ticket holders throughout the school year; Exclusive student entrance gate; Opportunity to attend road trips with the BLUE CREW (based on availability); No ticket to pick up! The ticket will be inscribed on your valid SLU Student ID"

I think you might be a little premature here Ace. Let's wait and see if they show up. I hope it's like soccer, but I need to be shown.

The student attendance at soccer games is being greatly exagerated at 1000. There is an excellent turnout and atmosphere at the 1st game when they have the dorm contests, but since they announce the winners at halftime ... the majority of the students leave. There is a small, rowdy group of students who come to every game Legion 1818 (I think) and they have a really good time and provide quite a bit of entertainment on their own, but I'd estimate students at a normal game to be in the 200-400 area.

They should have something similar to the 1st game at the big games like this UConn game. The east side of the stadium packed with rowdy students, would certainly help give the Bills a nice home field advantage. Legion 1818 really does a good job getting in the opponents heads, sometimes you can tell they are paying more attention to them than to the game.

i tend to agree with willie. i wonder if a good part of the tickets are set aside for "blue crew". it is my understanding that each year the "official blue crew" signups tremendously out number the "show up at games blue crew". i have heard legends of blue crewers prior to games with fists full of tickets for the blue crew trying to get students to use.

still, i am thrilled that we got that number at least spoken for. and one has to believe that being at chaifetz will increase the last minute decisions to go as compared to still being at scott trade.

The student attendance at soccer games is being greatly exagerated at 1000. There is an excellent turnout and atmosphere at the 1st game when they have the dorm contests, but since they announce the winners at halftime ... the majority of the students leave. There is a small, rowdy group of students who come to every game Legion 1818 (I think) and they have a really good time and provide quite a bit of entertainment on their own, but I'd estimate students at a normal game to be in the 200-400 area.

They should have something similar to the 1st game at the big games like this UConn game. The east side of the stadium packed with rowdy students, would certainly help give the Bills a nice home field advantage. Legion 1818 really does a good job getting in the opponents heads, sometimes you can tell they are paying more attention to them than to the game.

I agree, but it's still a huge improvement over the soccer park days.

Legion 1818 is awesome - they didn't seem quite as strong last year as the year before, but that might have just been at the games I went to.

BTW, I'm kind of surprised we don't have more students posting here on the board. Just a ramdom observation.

i tend to agree with willie. i wonder if a good part of the tickets are set aside for "blue crew". it is my understanding that each year the "official blue crew" signups tremendously out number the "show up at games blue crew". i have heard legends of blue crewers prior to games with fists full of tickets for the blue crew trying to get students to use.

still, i am thrilled that we got that number at least spoken for. and one has to believe that being at chaifetz will increase the last minute decisions to go as compared to still being at scott trade.

If we have 200 students as vocal and rowdy as the Legion 1818 fans at soccer games, you'll enjoy being at the games. They are funny, witty, and a bit dorky and really have a great time. We will have to be prepared to prevent our old school wit from being overshadowed.