Thorpe to UWGb

brianstl

Thorpe's choice according to Mo Scott.

Thats an interesting take by Mo Scott. He has has occasionally been a friend of the program but often has been adversarial (remember him blasting RM for not visiting the East Side last year) and even at the highschool shootout made a semi-nasty comment over the PA about SLU cutting off his microphone (as if SLU really wanted to do that). The fact he says in was AT's choice could indicate that is the truth.

I was told by a good source last summer that AT was surprised by the committment Majerus required from his assistants in recruiting and that both RM and AT knew at the time this may have only been a 1-year deal.

Who, knows he may even consider this an upgrade if he's now the top assistant at UWGB.

Thats an interesting take by Mo Scott. He has has occasionally been a friend of the program but often has been adversarial (remember him blasting RM for not visiting the East Side last year) and even at the highschool shootout made a semi-nasty comment over the PA about SLU cutting off his microphone (as if SLU really wanted to do that). The fact he says in was AT's choice could indicate that is the truth.

Mo Scott is worth nothing, as most of the chaff from the East Side are. I said most, not all. At the same time, RM is unlikely to pay fealty to anybody over there, much less this guy. BS was, I thought, doing very well with Tommy and AM, at least in terms of "inroads" to ESL, although, again, it is a small area and does not produce enough talent to warrant overemphasis on one or two guys.

Good for AT. He seems like a good guy. He got more than most assistants during a transition.

i'll play along, how has RM been horrid or beyond horrid this year?

Meh. You are a much, much bigger fan of SLU than I am. I'm only a two year season ticket holder that barely noticed the program before Ian's Sr. year, having lived i St. Louis up until college and for the last 7 years. I have no connection to the school. The first time I was ever on campus was last year for the BB banquet. The second time was at the Riverwar on Saturday (SLU is a very nice campus, it's grads should be proud).

My impression of RM was that he was very media and fan unfriendly, a quality(?) that he could get away with solely on reputation. That alone is horrendous, as it just shouldn't be the case no matter what. Then there was the on-court record- horrible for a genius. The player criticisms I don't have a huge problem with, since they are part and parcel of his lack of PR acumen in general.

He is currently living off of his record. We better hope that the recruits next year pan out, and the distance of the three point line doesn't hurt us worse than our opponents.

That's pretty much my impression.

Meh. You are a much, much bigger fan of SLU than I am. I'm only a two year season ticket holder that barely noticed the program before Ian's Sr. year, having lived i St. Louis up until college and for the last 7 years. I have no connection to the school. The first time I was ever on campus was last year for the BB banquet. The second time was at the Riverwar on Saturday (SLU is a very nice campus, it's grads should be proud).

My impression of RM was that he was very media and fan unfriendly, a quality(?) that he could get away with solely on reputation. That alone is horrendous, as it just shouldn't be the case no matter what. Then there was the on-court record- horrible for a genius. The player criticisms I don't have a huge problem with, since they are part and parcel of his lack of PR acumen in general.

He is currently living off of his record. We better hope that the recruits next year pan out, and the distance of the three point line doesn't hurt us worse than our opponents.

That's pretty much my impression.

Assuming your impression is correct, you think all of that amounts to "less than a bottom feeder," "horrid," and "beyond horrid"? It's your opinion so I won't say it's wrong, but I will say it's a silly opinion (and ultimately isn't supported by many facts).

RM probably isn't the most media/fan friendly, but I also don't think he is very unfriendly. didn't he sign autographs for hours on end at the chaifetz opening?

The record was "horrible"? umm..ok chief.

Living off his record? maybe. But he did just recruit one of, if not the best, recruiting classes in slu history in less than a year on the job.

I dont blam AT leaving RM. RM made his assistants run suicides if they made a mistake in practice, just like the players do when they make a mistake. RM is not going to turn this program around, he could not even win 20 games last year with terrible players but BS could.

Then Biondi makes Majerus run suicides and the Pope makes Biondi run suicides and God makes the Pope run suicides. Who makes God run suicides? The tardigrade, my friends. The tardigrade. Pound for pound, the "water bear" is the hardiest, most fearsome, most ruthless creature ever. Non-metaphysically, at least.

Water bears are able to survive in extreme environments that would kill almost any other animal. They can survive temperatures close to absolute zero, temperatures as high as 151°C (303°F), 1,000 times more radiation than any other animal, nearly a decade without water, and can also survive in a vacuum like that found in space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Posted Image

Keep that in mind next time you're hopping through hypothetical hierarchical hoops.

I dont blam AT leaving RM. RM made his assistants run suicides if they made a mistake in practice, just like the players do when they make a mistake. RM is not going to turn this program around, he could not even win 20 games last year with terrible players but BS could.

I am sorry, I usually think what you have to say is creditable but this is just plain silly.

Go ask anybody that works in the athletic department and they will tell you that he does do that or ask one of the players and they will also tell you that he has Rachel Diener walk on his back.

I am sorry, I am not believing that he has his assistant coaches run laps when they make a mistake. As far as Rachel Diener walking on his back - that is up to her, I am sure he doesn't make her do anything like that if she does not want to do.

Go ask anybody that works in the athletic department and they will tell you that he does do that or ask one of the players and they will also tell you that he has Rachel Diener walk on his back.

The Managers have had to run in the past I know. I have never ever heard anything about the coaches running.

Who cares if he has Rachel walk on his back and his assistants run suicides? My god, the man is monster.

The athletic department has needed a major shake-up for years. It is a joke. I am sure they have no love for Rick and his expectations. It has been loaded with people who have had as their major goal protecting what they see as theirs and not the making the athletic department the best it could be.

Who cares if he has Rachel walk on his back and his assistants run suicides? My god, the man is monster.

The athletic department has needed a major shake-up for years. It is a joke. I am sure they have no love for Rick and his expectations. It has been loaded with people who have had as their major goal protecting what they see as theirs and not the making the athletic department the best it could be.

Nate said he was the lead recruiter for femi, Ruben, And Willie. None of those guys are white. I know you want the best coach regardless of race but still it is very rare in college basketball with as little diversity as us.

I read in some article about Majerus this year (think it was the SI one) that he had one of his assistants do that for him at Utah as well.

Nice to see the lunatics are out. Full moon??

• 15 years later...