Sound system in Chaifetz

We went to the Globetrotters game last night. Event was fun and well done. However, the sound system made it very difficult to impossible to understand what eveyone was saying. It may have been where we were sitting, but the others in our row all noticed the problem. Curious if others were there and what their experience was and where they were sitting. I am hoping it was just a function of where we were sitting.

We went to the Globetrotters game last night. Event was fun and well done. However, the sound system made it very difficult to impossible to understand what eveyone was saying. It may have been where we were sitting, but the others in our row all noticed the problem. Curious if others were there and what their experience was and where they were sitting. I am hoping it was just a function of where we were sitting.

We had the same issues in Section 103. I hope that the addition and/or redirecting of speakers, combined with fine tuning of the volume and controls, will fix the problem.

Well, two things:

1) Acoustics are vastly different in an empty and full (or even partially full) arena. So far so good on attention to detail -- I'd expect this will be rectified by the first real Billiken tip-off.

2) On the other hand, perhaps this was the good Father's Solomonesque compromise between old and new boosters: He's going to let Guy stay, but he's also made it so we don't have to listen to him. B)

Well, two things:

1) Acoustics are vastly different in an empty and full (or even partially full) arena. So far so good on attention to detail -- I'd expect this will be rectified by the first real Billiken tip-off.

2) On the other hand, perhaps this was the good Father's Solomonesque compromise between old and new boosters: He's going to let Guy stay, but he's also made it so we don't have to listen to him. B)

I didn't think the sound was very good but I thought it was better that Scott. I could never understand anything the on floor promotion people were yelling at Scott.

I didn't think the sound was very good but I thought it was better that Scott. I could never understand anything the on floor promotion people were yelling at Scott.

I parked in the garage on Compton and found it easy to enter and exit from. With a crowd at around 8000 last night how did anyone else find their expierience?

I think the U will find the parking garages as a real money maker.

I parked in the garage on Compton and found it easy to enter and exit from. With a crowd at around 8000 last night how did anyone else find their expierience?

After the game, there was a long line stretching from the single middle door on the Compton garage, it extended across the Bridge and to the bathrooms. Seem liked it took 8-10 minutes to just get across and in the door from the outside bathrooms. Then, we were parked on the 3rd level and it took 20-30 minutes to get out. There was almost a fight between to vehicles trying to jockey for position. The single door needs to be revised and maybe expand the bridge for easier exit.

Well, two things:

I understand about acoustics and sound in full and partially full buildings. When planning the sound for a performing space - the arena is a performing space - you have to assume that the building will have a variety of sizes of audiences and you need to make sure that you can allow for that. Whoever works the sound board is suppose to balance for things like the size of the audience. Either their sound person is not any good or there are modifications that need to be made so the sound guy can do his proper balancing. The quality of sound I heard at the dedication was bad enough that somebody needs to give some serious thought to the problem. I doubt that anybody will be able to here the speaker at the graduation ceremony unless something is done very soon.

I understand about acoustics and sound in full and partially full buildings. When planning the sound for a performing space - the arena is a performing space - you have to assume that the building will have a variety of sizes of audiences and you need to make sure that you can allow for that. Whoever works the sound board is suppose to balance for things like the size of the audience. Either their sound person is not any good or there are modifications that need to be made so the sound guy can do his proper balancing. The quality of sound I heard at the dedication was bad enough that somebody needs to give some serious thought to the problem. I doubt that anybody will be able to here the speaker at the graduation ceremony unless something is done very soon.

All they need is for folks who drop almost $100 to see and hear Stevie Nicks or Barry Manilow and the sound system stinks. That will do wonders for future high end entertainment.

I noticed the same thing during the dedication ceremony but we were sitting up high with the speakers pointed away from us. Would be ashame to have such a nice building lessened by such a simply thing to have planned for.

Well, that's not good. We were sitting down on the floor and couldn't understand a thing so it appears to be an all around problem. Hopefully, this is easily fixable as I want to hear Guy (sorry, Joe, but I like the guy). B)

All they need is for folks who drop almost $100 to see and hear Stevie Nicks or Barry Manilow and the sound system stinks. That will do wonders for future high end entertainment.

That is a good point, but don't musical performers bring their own sound systems and sound managers? Either way, for non-musical events at least, the sound definitely needs to be improved!!

Should not be a problem for the entertainers unless the entire sound plan is a total bust - usually the entertainers bring their own sound system and sound board guy because they like to have total control over the performance quality.

I was at the riverwar game tonight and the sound system was terrible. I couldn't understand half of what they were saying. It wasn't a matter of decibles. It just wasn't clear. They better fix that.

Does anyone else think the press tables are too close to the court? They need to be moved back at least a foot.

I went to the Riverwar Games this evening. I would agree the the sound system in it's present state is not very good. However I don't think that this is a uncommon problem in new buildings, as with anything new you have to work all the bugs out.

Other than that I was very impressed with the building as a whole, there doesn't appear to be a bad seat in the house!

I must agree about the sound system. Not only was it not quite loud enough, but it wasn't very clear. The cause must be in the microphones or the speakers, because the drum lines were evidence that the acoustics of the arena itself are fine.

I also thought the sound system stunk..but was told by a reliable source that the system being used tonight didn't belong to the arena, it was a Riverwar sound system.

To put it no more simply, the sound system sucks, it was like we ripped the sound system out of West Pine and rigged it up in there, someone's gotta do something, though I guess our goal is to have the building so loud we cant hear the sound system anyway.

A crowd of 8,000? Your kidding right? I would say more like 3,000. For sure!