Gee, Crean Sounds Despondent...

Schasz

>For anyone who was at the game did Crean really hug the Ref?

Hell "no" he did not! Travis Diener ripped one of the refs a new hole in his rear end after the game as the refs were walking out. The ref stopped and stared at him for a moment and I hope he (the ref) reports the incident to the league office. Travis Diener is the biggest cry baby in CUSA. It seems to be a Diener trait.

I'll cut that kid some slack as he played a whale of a game for MU and almost singlehandedly willed them to a win. We must of played a little better D on him in the 2nd half, but I was beginning to think he would go off for about 40 in the 1st half.

>I can't recall the time or situation, but Bob said that Tom

>Crean was berating the official in his face (Bob was

>pleading for the offical to give Crean a technical). Bob

>continued describing the confrontation and said that the

>offical hugged Crean.

OK, the point you are talking about was, I think, mid-way through the second half. Crean calls a timeout, then walks way out onto the court (underneath the basket) to talk to one of the refs. He was not yelling but clearly should have gotten a T for going out onto the court. I was yelling for a T. The ref patted Crean on the back and told him to return to the bench after letting him plead whatever for a couple of minutes.

diener crying about the refs is hillarious. diener got to shoot 7 gift free throws. at least 4 were on fouls could best described as lean in contact initiated by diener. the same game, reggie gets knocked on his a$$ the entire game every time he shot and got to shoot one free throw.

Not only that ... does he think he is in the NBA ... 2 steps ... that is it Travis. Maybe from playing Drew ... he thinks he gets to run the same amount of time it would take for Drew to actually take 2 steps

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

After the game a Marquette player (not sure which one) kicked a door around the locker room area, leaving a dent in said door.

I write for the University News, so I went to the press conference after the game. Normally those go pretty quickly and players and coaches from both teams go in and out pretty steadily. The order went SLU players, Coach Brad, then Coach Crean. After the SLU players and Brad sat down for a few minutes and talked to the press, I waited a few minutes for Coach Crean to come in. Well, my deadline was midnight, so after a few minutes of waiting I decided to leave so I could get my article written on time. I later heard that Crean eventually did come into the press room, but he would only answer questions from the Milwaukee reporter. When a reporter from St. Louis (may have been Stu) asked a question, I was told that Crean refused to answer the question and walked out.

With these events in addition to the actions of Travis Diener, this was by no means a classy display by the Marquette basketball program.

Hopefully, MU is charged for the dented door. If Diener really said what others have reported to the ref after the game he needs to be suspended for at least one game. Crean, berating the ref was also uncalled for but I do like the fact that the ref kept his cool and did not do something like baseball umps do.

They also "declined" to send a coach to a pre-game Marquette alumni get together at Jacques. It's called pre-game preperation.

Also, MU left for Milwaukee immediately after the game, as they do following every road game. Players must be back in class the next morning.

By the way, Brad berated the refs after the disputed charge on Reggie in the first half (right call on the foul, hoop should have counted, but that's beside the point). Should Brad be disciplined too? No, they were both doing their jobs and what coaches do. Brad's actions paid off for SLU in the second half too.

By the way, SLU and MU should be considered even by the conspiracy theorists here. Expect to see Scott Thornley, Mark Whitehead and Harrell Allen get A-10 jobs in 2 years.

>After the game a Marquette player (not sure which one)

>kicked a door around the locker room area, leaving a dent in

>said door.

>

>I write for the University News, so I went to the press

>conference after the game. Normally those go pretty quickly

>and players and coaches from both teams go in and out pretty

>steadily. The order went SLU players, Coach Brad, then

>Coach Crean. After the SLU players and Brad sat down for a

>few minutes and talked to the press, I waited a few minutes

>for Coach Crean to come in. Well, my deadline was midnight,

>so after a few minutes of waiting I decided to leave so I

>could get my article written on time. I later heard that

>Crean eventually did come into the press room, but he would

>only answer questions from the Milwaukee reporter. When a

>reporter from St. Louis (may have been Stu) asked a

>question, I was told that Crean refused to answer the

>question and walked out.

>

>With these events in addition to the actions of Travis

>Diener, this was by no means a classy display by the

>Marquette basketball program.

You do realize that hearsay does not stand up in a court of law and that is what your claims are.

Screw Marquette! I'm glad they got what they got. Give me a break, Crean - you cry baby! Diener, what a little Travis, you had a great game and scored half of your teams points, but your team let you down, not the refs. Great performance by Travis, but you lost - accept it. We are not even with Marquette, there was a share of bad calls on both teams last night. Diener walked half the night and could have very easily been called on fouls offensively. But, there was NO call last night that was as bad as the :05 call at Marquette. You lost, we won - shew!!!!! We needed that win. Let's get a few more!

chris sloan is on kfns right now and they asked him about diener during the game. chris said that diener talks trash the whole game and even when behind by 1 with 30 seconds to go he was boasting on the court about how he was going to do it to them again just like in milwaukee. he didnt then cried about it. more poetic justice. i now become a big supporter of the "diener is a wiener" poster that one of the students had last nite.

Well, I can vouch for the door damage. Its the door to the private suite on ground level that the players can meet their parents in. Marquette players have to run right by there to get to their locker room. Steel door...dent. It was not dented before. Several Kiel ushers pointed it out to me.

Dunno about the Crean not answering questions portion of the discussion.