Alex Voyoukas to Davidson

SluSignGuy

I didn't realize he was in the class of 2008. I wonder if we ever had any interest. Davidson makes it to the Tourney quite often as a 16 seed.

16 seed? Never. Try 12-14 seed. Knocked off UNC a few years ago, a rising program with the son of Del Curry.

SLU's chance at Vouyoukas's little bro was extinguished considering the vile treatment Ian received this past season, particularly here (don't think family and recruits don't read these boards). Way to go!

16 seed? Never. Try 12-14 seed. Knocked off UNC a few years ago, a rising program with the son of Del Curry.

SLU's chance at Vouyoukas's little bro was extinguished considering the vile treatment Ian received this past season, particularly here (don't think family and recruits don't read these boards). Way to go!

16 Seed Never? How about 1986 http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketbal...torical/1986/DI

In recent years 2006 15, 2007 13 not too far from 16. I was saying that Davidson is a good team that often makes it to the Tourney but they are one of those teams from a conference (SOCON) that gets 1 team in and is a double digit seed.

I was wondering if SLU even recruited Voyoukas. If we did and the family steered him away from SLU because of this message board that is just plain dumb. I'm sure they'll hate Davidson in a few years too if that is the case. This message board has some detractors but most posters are fair.

I think the world should apply your logic in all situations. For example I was in the Army in Iraq this show on CNN was critical of the Army in Iraq and McDonald's ran commercials during the show. So I'll start boycotting McDonald's because they supported the show critical of me, then what about DirectTV for even carrying CNN in the first place? What about the company that helped them make the satellite? The dish? Isn't CNN owned by Time Warner isn't that connected w/ Warner Brothers so I'll also boycott all Looney Tunes Cartoons. I'll have to make a list but living like this will be tough pretty soon I'll be in a cabin in Montana with no electricity just don't open any letters with my return address alright?

16 Seed Never? How about 1986 http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketbal...torical/1986/DI

In recent years 2006 15, 2007 13 not too far from 16. I was saying that Davidson is a good team that often makes it to the Tourney but they are one of those teams from a conference (SOCON) that gets 1 team in and is a double digit seed.

I was wondering if SLU even recruited Voyoukas. If we did and the family steered him away from SLU because of this message board that is just plain dumb. I'm sure they'll hate Davidson in a few years too if that is the case. This message board has some detractors but most posters are fair.

I think the world should apply your logic in all situations. For example I was in the Army in Iraq this show on CNN was critical of the Army in Iraq and McDonald's ran commercials during the show. So I'll start boycotting McDonald's because they supported the show critical of me, then what about DirectTV for even carrying CNN in the first place? What about the company that helped them make the satellite? The dish? Isn't CNN owned by Time Warner isn't that connected w/ Warner Brothers so I'll also boycott all Looney Tunes Cartoons. I'll have to make a list but living like this will be tough pretty soon I'll be in a cabin in Montana with no electricity just don't open any letters with my return address alright?

I'm surprised you waste your time replying to that. Recruits and families read the board, but I doubt that it ever has anything to do with a school a recruit chooses. Most other boards are much worse, so they would end up back here anyway. It is a fact .... this board had nothing to do with where he went to school.

Skip, it's a slow day. BC blowing out Army, WVU blowing out ECU, and USF v. UNC snore. I'm watching the Antique Roadshow. Furthermore, just because someone is the King of Sausage that doesn't mean he can come in here and correct me. We fought a revolution to free ourselves of sausage king tyranny.

I realize he didn't choose Davidson because of this board. Could've had something to do with the 3 PF/Cs that we already signed in that class.

Guest BillikenReport

I'm surprised you waste your time replying to that. Recruits and families read the board, but I doubt that it ever has anything to do with a school a recruit chooses. Most other boards are much worse, so they would end up back here anyway. It is a fact .... this board had nothing to do with where he went to school.

You don't have to believe it, but I've talked to family members of recruiting targets who were angry about things they've read on this board.

Was that the reason they chose to go where they chose to go? No.

But did it leave an impression when they read negative things about themselves and their children on this board? Yes.

No, this board isn't as bad as a lot of boards, but there are a lot of things written on here that get back to recruits and their families.

- Nate

If you are interested in SLU basketball enough to do a Google search, odds are that they will come across this board. I know SLU adminstrators read the board (even after years of denial). I know players read. Some players have posted. We have a few former players in our ranks.

This board is tamer than most, but I will admit the past year or so has been a little rougher than I would like the site to be. I should probably be a little stricter in moderating, but to an extent I say that with fame and glory comes more criticism. Whether it be from SLU administrators to relatives of players, I have tried to be accommodating. If either group has a problem with this site, they are free to contact me. I will then try to work something out.

Nate, if you know of people who gripe about this board, tell them to drop me an e-mail, and I will see what I can do.

You don't have to believe it, but I've talked to family members of recruiting targets who were angry about things they've read on this board.

But did it leave an impression when they read negative things about themselves and their children on this board? Yes.

No, this board isn't as bad as a lot of boards, but there are a lot of things written on here that get back to recruits and their families.

- Nate

Well of course no one wants to read negative thing about themelves, I'm surprised you felt the need to state the obvious. It happens on every board. Once it gets out they are being recruited by any school, someone on that school's board will have something negative to say. I've talked to family members of Billiken players who have read negative things on here, usually it causes a chuckle as they are smart enough to know the people writing it rarely have a clue.

Trust me on this ..... this board had nothing to do with whether or not Little Voyoukas came here. In addition I still believe it rarely, if ever plays any part in where any recruit decides to go to school.

If someone doesn't want to come to a certain school it is easy to find reasons not to. Every team has a board or blog or rabid media etc. I'm sure you could find someone saying something negative from any team in D1 that matters enough to have fan discussions.

- Nate

I bet they really like it when your site gives them 2 stars instead of 5 too. :rolleyes:

Any recruit or family member of the recruit who lets an internet debate board color their attitude towards a school are going to have a very hard time during their career regardless of which school they pick. Recruits want to play in the best arenas, practice at the best practice facilities, travel not on a shoe string, and have their name in the papers and faces on the TV - with all this comes a bit of public scrutiny and they better understand that. Whether a recruit lets what is posted on an internet board sway them or not is debatable but probably not solvable. I do think people should be reasonable, objective, and open minded when talking about any player or recruit.

Any recruit or family member of the recruit who lets an internet debate board color their attitude towards a school are going to have a very hard time during their career regardless of which school they pick. Recruits want to play in the best arenas, practice at the best practice facilities, travel not on a shoe string, and have their name in the papers and faces on the TV - with all this comes a bit of public scrutiny and they better understand that. Whether a recruit lets what is posted on an internet board sway them or not is debatable but probably not solvable. I do think people should be reasonable, objective, and open minded when talking about any player or recruit.

Amen

I thought Soderberg had interest in him at one time. It doesn't sound like Ian got along great with Soderberg last year, so it probably wasn't going to happen anyway. Now with Majerus on board, we are recruiting a higher caliber player than Ian's brother.

BTW, I would be thrilled if we landed Hill or Kuric. They both sound like good recruits.

Davidson is legit this year. Top 25 in a lot of the early polls, and just got a nice write-up last month on ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/stor...&id=2962930