Official Scoring Less than 20 Points Watch Thread

SluSignGuy

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I plugged this into the computer to see if there were any possible 20 pt games coming up.....It said unlikely.....Best chance....San Diego St ( A ) at San Jose St ( F- ) on Feb 21....SD St has already held UC Riverside ( D ) to 33pts (11 first half) and CS Bakersfield ( D- ) to 27pts (12 first half).

SJ St picked to lose by 27....

This is a tough record to break.

So I plugged this into the computer to see if there were any possible 20 pt games coming up.....It said unlikely.....Best chance....San Diego St ( A ) at San Jose St ( F- ) on Feb 21....SD St has already held UC Riverside ( D ) to 33pts (11 first half) and CS Bakersfield ( D- ) to 27pts (12 first half).

It may happen when 2 defensive oriented teams go at it.

I was driving in the car yesterday and was listening to College Talk Radio and they were interviewing Bruce Pearl (I know its Brucie the Cheat) and he was talking about his upcoming game with Frank Martin's So Carolina team. He says his defense is so tight that its impossible to start your offensive sets. Can't even pass the ball. Reminded me of 2 games Majerus coached in his last season with us. The Washington home game and the Memphis NCAA game. Our defense was perfect in those 2 games.

Nova absolutely destroyed you as well. I just haven't been impressed when you've run up against good competition.

In a rematch I'm confident we'd beat Nova. Our defense has markedly improved since then, we made them look amazing in the second half. I still don't think we'd beat UVA this year, though. I consider Cincinatti and Northern Iowa good competition, but I guess you missed those games.

Iquarles - You guys would def win.... Just as long as you aren't up 4 with under 30 seconds left. Because then, your group of Rhodes scholars would foul...ya know, just to prevent teams like Steve Austin U from hitting that elusive unconstested 4 point shot

Iquarles - You guys would def win.... Just as long as you aren't up 4 with under 30 seconds left. Because then, your group of Rhodes scholars would foul...ya know, just to prevent teams like Steve Austin U from hitting that elusive unconstested 4 point shot

Lewis didn't really need to contest that shot in the first place, but he didnt touch the guy. It wasn't a foul. You should know flopping when you see it, you guys had Cody Ellis.

I just gave this a look...

Funny stuff. Not only does Burgess choke on not one, but two free throws that could have sealed it, then that fool tries to contest a 3-point shot, up by 4!

Come on, if you can find away to fritter away four points you can find a way to fritter away six. Maybe a couple stupid and pointless Ts in the closing seconds.

I thought it would be hard to top beating Memphis the same day as Mizzou losing to a 15 seed, but between VCU/SFA and the NC State comeback that was easily the wildest and most fun first round ever.

• 2 weeks later...