Other D1 games

almaman

VCU 36 Baylor 28 at the half.

Jonathon Williams had a nice steal and dunk and Jequan Lewis looked good.

VCU's Egyptian post player looked pretty solid against a tall Baylor team.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought this qualifies as relevant and interesting: Ford's former program is doing quite well without him, as are UCF (Henriquez) and Rutgers (Foreman, Macon). Do people who support those other programs see these guys as being evidence of "addition by subtraction" or is this just a dumb coincidence? 

5 hours ago, Zink said:

Thought this qualifies as relevant and interesting: Ford's former program is doing quite well without him, as are UCF (Henriquez) and Rutgers (Foreman, Macon). Do people who support those other programs see these guys as being evidence of "addition by subtraction" or is this just a dumb coincidence? 

So your point is that we got the malcontents and that because of that we will be eternally bad.  Thanks for sharing.

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

So your point is that we got the malcontents and that because of that we will be eternally bad.  Thanks for sharing.

Not at all. I'm really excited by the addition of all of the folks listed. Just thought this was an interesting tidbit, and maybe a reason to be more cautious in my own optimism. 

I was also genuinely curious as to what, if anything, other fan bases were thinking with regard to these departures at present.  

No need to get aggressive. 

And Happy Thanksgiving!

Nothing new in the facts presented. People may be very good, and may be stars in some teams. However in other teams with bigger stars than they are, they may not be that good or may be clashing with others. This issue is always implicit in managing talent. Coaches must ask the  question: How do I make this talent work for me, and the team?

The worst primadonna in the world may shine in a team that manages to bring the best in them out and keeps the clashing (which is always present with a bunch of highly talented people on board) at a low level. 

From SLU's point of view, the real issue is Ford's ability to blend people like these into a really working and functional team. I think all coaches have to face similar situations, and they all respond in different ways with different degrees of success. Let's see what Ford manages to do with these transfers.

9 hours ago, Zink said:

Caught a little of OSU last night. They toyed with BigEast GTown. Won by almost 30 and could have been 40. Don't know if OSU is really good or GTown really bad. 

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Caught a little of OSU last night. They toyed with BigEast GTown. Won by almost 30 and could have been 40. Don't know if OSU is really good or GTown really bad. 

Maybe TF left some pretty good players.

Look what happened here when CrewsPlatt regime took over.

36 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

A good GT team ( B )  ran into a very good OSU team ( A-) ...OSU  slash...51/37/ 95...FTs 18-19

14 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Whoops you're right. Arkansas state

Big difference between Ark St. and AL  A & M ....AAM is the worst team in the nation.  Ark St is a decent team .  While GT ( B ) should have beaten Ark St ( C+ ) it was far from an upset.

9 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

While I will always despise Mizzou because of their general disposition towards SLU and playing SLU, I have moved past that and now want Mizzou and Illinois to be terrible as regional competition for recruits.

It has been a buoy to see the Tigers and the Illini struggle during our down years. Schadenfreude is real.

On 11/25/2016 at 7:18 PM, almaman said:

VCU leading LSU start of 2nd half on AXSTV of all places. Bills on youtube now this channel. What's next UFC on EWTN?

Sr. Margaret Anne gets that ruler out, and she's more vicious than Rousey.

9 hours ago, almaman said:

"Bama up 10 on Texas @ Texas start of second 1/2 espnu

I see Bama lost that game. 77=68. Out scored by 21 in the 2nd 1/2.

Other games of interest-SIUE lost to Indiana by 23.

Also Duquesne beat Pitt, 1st time in 16 years. Also earlier GMU beat No Iowa. So some of the traditional A10 lower tier teams may not be all that bad.

St. Joe getting blown out by Nova.

UCLA beats Kentucky at Kentucky 97 to 92.

Illinois beats VCU 64-46 VCU did not shoot well.

Lewis was injured in the game.