Non-conference slate for 2007

besides those four games nothing else is set in stone. When the schedule came out this summer I complained that no new series were started with BCS conference teams. Its a shame but I'm worried that our NC schedule in the future will include more teams like Pacific and Loyola and fewer like UNC, Mississippi, Iowa etc. To the casual fan that will further decrease the attractiveness of our home-schedule. Oh well.

You are probably right ... but on the other hand if we continually have to let them bring their refs here for the home and home ... I say that's fine. In the new arena and with hopefully a better team being the norm ... we will have the interest of the real basketball fan ... and we won't need to fill arenas with 6,000 UNC fans.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Maybe will get Mizzoo or Illinois. I would like to see the Zags come back.

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

Won't that be nice!!!! I cannot wait until we have a game with 10,250 screaming SLU fans and 50 opposing fans. 2008 cannot get hear soon enough!!!!!!!!!

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

Last year Few said that they were not interested in renewing the series with SLU since they prefered to play more of a national schedule with different teams. I would not assume that we won't be able to start a new home and home with a BCS conf school. I would think you could get Northwestern or even a Cincy or Memphis - I know they are not a BCS school but they have good teams - to play home and home without too much trouble. What about South FL or South Carolina? There are lots of options. Brad probably did not start a new home and home like UNC this year because he could not get one to fit the schedule. Next year, he will be more interested in playing that away game so the other team would come here when the new arena is opened.

I agree about getting a home game in Chicago every year. That is a smart move. Our best player of recent memory (Marquee Perry) was from Chicago. If we want to be a great team we have to get some recruits from Chicago. Also I'd like to see us renew some of the old C-USA rivalries by getting games against Marquette, Cincy, or Lousville. Games against Missouri and Illinois are good too b/c they attract a lot of local interest. I'm not sure I'd want to play Mizzou though until we figure out how to beat the trap.

Brad made it very clear he has studied the method for improving your RPI and he will continue to schedule in a way that helps our chances for getting into the tournament.

The better we get, the harder it will become to have home and home with BCS type programs. Our conferences RPI does not help them, so your back in a tough spot where a good opponent sees only risk in scheduling a team like us. Kind of where the Valley has been.

That is simply not true - you hear that from schools in the Valley for example but what they don't want to admit is that big time programs do not want to go to Carbondale, Springfield, Normal, where ever NIU is located. They do not mind coming to St. Louis, Cincy, Chicago. In the past we have been able to schedule big time schools - it is not like they are waiting for our call but they can be sold on it.

We will probably be on the road for the big name schools next year, so they will have to come to our place the year we open the new arena.

The Savvis/Scottrade folks should be begging UB to do the opposite. They had a huge payoff for the NC game with 22K in the house.

Right now the coaches have no interest in discussing next year's schedule. Anyone who brings up this topic at this time of year must be....oh, it was you, Putz. Now I realize why it was posted.

mhg

i am predicting that we go to mi$$ouri next year and they will be our opening the biondi dome game in 2008.

nobody hate tigertime more than i do, but no team will force a rush to become billiken club members and season tix holders as bringing good ole mizzou to town. announce that game now, and remind all that billiken club members get first crack at season tix and that in all likelihood season tix holders and students will sell out the biondi dome, and watch the scramble to join the billiken club.

it is good to see you are so concerned about the billikens that you post within a half an hour of someone posting about mi$$ouri.

as to the content of your post, the programs hate each other. there is no doubt about it. the casual fans will come to see that match.

it is the same way in columbia. i think it is amusing mi$$ouri schedules 12 games with the little sisters of the poor colleges and draw about 4k per game in that new arena full well knowing that bringing the billikens to town would sell out the arena. but alden and the walmart board should just keep on playing those practice games instead.

i thought the southern university game saturday nite was so entertaining. btw, just where is southern university?

I have no idea where Southern University is located. I assume it is in the south.

I will not defend MU's schedule other than to say I don't think it's nearly as bad as you make it out to be-but certainly it's nothing to brag about. As I've said before, I think Quin weakened the schedule last year and this year in an attempt to save his job. I don't think you can put any of this on Anderson. I would be surprised and dissappointed if the schedule is not upgraded.

It's funny how much you hate MU. I don't really get the sense that many MU fans really give a rip one way or the other about $LU. As I told you, I have a mild interest in $LU because I attended graduate school there and I am a college basketball fan in general. I began rooting for $LU for some reason in the Ron Ekker years. In fact, David Burns, I think that was his name, was briefly my favorite player.

Personally, I hope we do start playing $LU every year.

Have a nice trip to Albany to play the Bonnies. It must be nice having those regional rivalries to build on. No wonder you're desperate to play MU.