Here are some pics from tonight.

SluSignGuy

I will elaborate more later, but here are a few picks from the gathering (I have packing to do). I would have taken more, but I forgot I had a camera until 5 minutes left in the game, so I took some quick ones.

http://www.billikens.com/images/gathering/1.jpg

http://www.billikens.com/images/gathering/2.jpg

http://www.billikens.com/images/gathering/3.jpg

http://www.billikens.com/images/gathering/4.jpg

Thanks for coming everyone!

Steve

Second pic has thicks, slufanskip and his lovely bride, kshoe(?), and billikenbooster.

We talked soccer the whole nite! Really cool.

This was a great night. Great idea, not the best location, had no audio, just the picture as the audio blasted for the Patriots/Titans football game.

Definitely worth doing again.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of John Duff

I agree ... I thought I was a great time ... we should repeat it. The 4th person in the second pic is SLUBALLS.

I thought we were renting a private room with sound and all ... It wasn't very organized ... but they did tell me on the phone that if they Rams game went too long we would have problems getting in. On the good side we had the game on a big screen and 2 smaller TV's ( probably 27" ) I don't think we would have gotten sound in any sports bar as the football game would have prevailed. Also they had told me it was $75. but they didn't charge us ... so thats not too bad. I just wish they would have been more clear on what we were getting ... they made it sound like a private room and it wasn't.

It was really nice to meet everyone and talk ... there were a lot more people than I thought would be there ... which was really cool.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

jim braun told me the name of a bar in st louis that is a big billiken booster and would have rolled out the carpet for us. but it was late in the week and i didnt want to upset the apple cart at that time. i will get back to him and find out the name again for future events. we definitely need something different. as skip said, it was a nice bar with all the bells and whistles. the problem was us 30 folks were the only ones that cared.

here is the best i can do for the pics. steve might know better, but he is traveling back to d.c. today so wont see till at least tomorrow probably.

pic 1 - i didnt get over to that side of the room so i dont know anyone but scrivener, the man in the middle with the blue shirt and no hat. i think the other blue shirt is stlcardinal i.e. scriv jr.

pic 2 the man on the far left partially blocked but with the white hat on is iggy. btw folks, iggy is winning the pickem contest. so he obviously knows his stuff. in front of him is thicks, next is slufanskip, i do not know the lovely woman next to skip, next i assume from his shirt is sluballs, then at the far right is billikenbooster.

pic 3 dont know the young lady to the left, she was obviously a holdover from the rams game and had taken a lot of liquid pain killer i assume to help her deal with the rams loss. she was interesting but not part of the group. next with the hat is tdog and the man on the edge is stchuckbilliken.

pic 4 only those facing the camera were in our group. from left to right in the front row...billiken roy, the band, desmet billiken, alumnifan back row teedog, st chuck billiken and quickdraw.

also there but not in the pictures were david nark (david brought a ton of people with him. wife, parents, uncles, aunts, cousins, spouses, etc.) jjray (jj's beautiful wife wanted to watch the football game and he was always going back and forth to where she was sitting in the main room and us.) there was a couple of former billiken team managers there that both said they read all the time but never post. wouldnt you all like to hear from them? i know i would. and meg from the slu alumni office was there with her husband. if i missed anyone, or did not recognize someone in the pictures, i am sorry.

i should have come over and met the clan scrivener. my apologies. i agree the cute young lady was out of place over there. ;-)

No offense taken, Roy. It was way too loud in there to have a conversation anyway...and way too good a ballgame to spend a lot of time on chit-chat. It was fun to put some faces with names, though. We should try it again sometime...and maybe I can coax Mrs. Scriv out of the house... ;-)

>>pic 3 dont know the young lady to the left, she was obviously a holdover from the rams game and had taken a lot of liquid pain killer i assume to help her deal with the rams loss. she was interesting but not part of the group.<<

Roy, that was the lady with 5 name tags on the breast of her sweater and then she invites us to read the names on the tags? Nice tags. Invite her to the next gathering, good entertainment.

she had steve get "close" to insure he got the one tag on her shirt correctly, so maybe steve got her "contact" information. as i said, she was interesting.

Missed the event...thanks for the info...Rams game was obviously very long, took forever to get out of there...very long and exhausting day...watched it by SLU or never would have made it anywhere else...it is down right sad when your campus bars can't get your team's games on tv. Pathetic.

Thanks for the kind words about Leslie. I'll be sure to tell her she's too cute to be hanging out with the likes of me! She had actually never been to a Bills game or watched one on tv (and she's a junior at SLU), so it was a new experience for her that she claimed she enjoyed. Although she felt bad that we were so upset after the game. Hopefully I can get her to the same level where she lives and dies with every game!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I was at the gathering Saturday night with my boyfriend, Iggy. We are both big fans and are both alumni of SLU. Enjoyed meeting everyone even without the sound.

I asked Humphreys one time if they get the billiken's games and they do not subscribe to Charter so they definitely do not (which seems really odd considering). I have been to Peppers and they are indeed very SLU-friendly. Even have an item on the menu called a "Soderburger", which Iggy tried and is fantastic. They have a shuttle that takes fans to the games but I forgot to ask if they have Charter and televise the games so that would be something to check.

luv da bills