1ST Game - SLU 87-65

>Tommie with career high in points. Bills were on fire from 3

>and really pushed tempo against a team that likes a

>fast-paced game. This was the real start to the season and

>it went pretty darn well. Too many turnovers though (22)

Agreed - 21 TO's isn't going to cut it against tougher teams, but great start!

Just got home. People will be talking about Lisch and Lidell like they did the St. Joe's guards from two years ago. Checked the box score...TL 26....YES! KL,,,19 YES! After seeing how many midmajors put the biggies thru hell this week, this is sweet! One game at a time, fellas. Do not look past Lamar to A&M. Beat Lamar. Then take it to the Aggies! By the way, Broy, I've been down on UB, but never said anything about him abandoning the running game...not that you were accusing me. Just wanted to get that straight.

Roy, all people said was they hoped Brad would stick to his statements about running more but that they would have to see it since he had said it before and the team did not follow through. Hopefully, what we heard tonight on the radio is what the team will continue to do all season.

Dixon's name did not appear in the boxscore over at the SLU site. Knollmeyer's did but the last five listed (Obi, Dustin, Bennett, Coffey and Knoll) appear to ahve totaled one minute between them (Obi). Looks like Brad went with a six-man rotation of Polk, Ian, Tommie, Kevin, Luke and Danny.

Billiken, I admit to saying that Brad has shown a tendancy to retreating to his comfort zone but I have also said that I hope like everybody else that he does not this time as he had in the past. He had said before that he wanted an more uptempo game but did revert back to a slower style offensive. I also said, could he change, yes but only time would tell. If he keeps with what happened in this game then he may very well accomplish what he has said. My comments never said that we would never run but simply questioned based on his Brad's previous statements whether he would be able to stick with it or go back into his comfort zone. One game does not make a trend but so far he seems to be leaning to stepping out of his comfort zone and that I applaud.

>Dixon's name did not appear in the boxscore over at the SLU

>site. Knollmeyer's did but the last five listed (Obi,

>Dustin, Bennett, Coffey and Knoll) appear to ahve totaled

>one minute between them (Obi). Looks like Brad went with a

>six-man rotation of Polk, Ian, Tommie, Kevin, Luke and

>Danny.

Given that we are playing 3 games in 3 days and we won by 22, it's disappointing to hear that UB went with a 6 man rotation until the last minute of the game. Unbelievable really.

The SLU site has an incomplete box score. Obi was Ian's sub throughout the game -- he actually played 9 minutes. The other team was playing essentially a four guard lineup, with their 6'7 four man throwing up jump shot after jump shot.

I think we'll see 4 people rotating in the frontcourt today. Lamar is 7'1 335 and 6'6 245 up front and that duo is averaging 16 rpg. They're bringing in 6'9 250 and 6'8 260 off the bench.

>>The SLU site has an incomplete box score. Obi was Ian's sub throughout the game -- he actually played 9 minutes.<<

Interesting that Obi got minutes before Bryce. Given the history of Brad's SLU teams losing games early in the season to weak opponents, I suppose he is being cautious by going with a short bench in such a game. Guess I should not ***** about success. We won big. Hope our team's play carries over to today.